This recipe is absolutely PACKED with flavors! You won’t believe how these simple spices can give a flavor so complex and rich!! Each bite is bursting with zesty garlic taste topped off with parmesan!
This is the most simple recipe ever, but tastes like you’ve spent hours making it! It will make you forget every other baked chicken you’ve ever had. Plus, the stuffing is super simple and we regularly use it for crusting cheese sandwiches like we did in our Grilled Cheese with Garlic Parmesan Crust!
The lemon-y garlic flavor goes perfectly with parmesan, and this has quickly become our go-to chicken recipe! PLUS everyone who has tried it LOVES IT! ?
How have you all been? Arvin and I have been cooking up some super delicious recipes for you all, there is so much coming up in the next few days!
As always, our photography and film-making course has been keeping us busy! SO much to do. Tomorrow night Arvin and I will be going around KL taking pictures for one of our assignments – we have to do night photography and capture pictures of different architectural landmarks in the city. It helps that this course makes us explore this beautiful country even more!This Baked Chicken recipe is absolutely PACKED with flavors! Click To Tweet
So let’s talk about the recipe, this is by far the BEST way I’ve ever had chicken. Period. Each bite has SO many tastes, that it even surprised us how these simple spices can do so much. I think it’s all in the magical stuffing – yes MAGICAL, that’s how good it is!
Chef Tips 💡
- Put a generous amount of filling inside the chicken breast. We slit them in half from one side in the butterfly cut and slid the stuffing in and closed in from the top. We held it together with toothpicks while marinating it with other spices and took them out right before putting the chicken breasts in the oven.
- Be careful while flipping the chicken breast when adding spices to the outside of it. The toothpick will help a lot at this stage!
- Slice up some lemons and put them on top of the chicken before putting the chicken in for cooking, the lemon juices slowly drip over the chicken while cooking and gives the most amazing lemon-y taste without being overpowering!
- By sprinkling the parmesan cheese on the chicken in the last 5 minutes, it gives the perfect cheesiness without the cheese burning too much. Switch on the top burner in the oven during these last 5 minutes of cooking.
So here’s the recipe everyone!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp oregano powder
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- sea salt (or regular salt), to taste
- 5-6 fresh thyme sprigs
- ½ lemon, sliced into thin slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp powdered/finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp ground oregano
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp olive oil, for spreading inside the chicken breast
- 2 tsp lemon juice, for spreading inside the chicken breast
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F or 180˚C. Grease a large pan and set aside.
- Start off by preparing the stuffing. Mix all ingredients together and set aside.
- Take the chicken breasts, and butterfly cut the chicken breasts.
- Add ½ tsp of olive oil and ½ tsp of lemon juice between each of the chicken breasts where you did the butterfly cut and add ¼ of the stuffing. Spread evenly and fold the chicken back. Add a toothpick to help it from moving.
- On both sides of the chicken breast, spread oregano powder, black pepper, chili flakes and sea salt.
- Transfer the chicken to the baking tray.
- Sprinkle chopped garlic, lemon slices, and fresh thyme on top of the chicken and pour a little olive oil on top before putting it in the oven for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, take out the tray and sprinkle parmesan on the chicken breasts and let it bake for an additional 5 minutes. Switch on the top burner of the oven at this point.
- Serve with rice or roasted potatoes.
2. Be careful while flipping the chicken breast when adding spices to the outside of it. The toothpick will help a lot at this stage!
3. Slice up some lemons and put them on top of the chicken before putting the chicken in for cooking, the lemon juices slowly drip over the chicken while cooking and gives the most amazing lemon-y taste without being overpowering!
4. By sprinkling the parmesan cheese on the chicken in the last 5 minutes, it gives the perfect cheesiness without the cheese burning too much. Switch on the top burner in the oven during these last 5 minutes of cooking.
Did you like this recipe? Then you’ll definitely LOVE our Authentic Chicken Karahi Curry! Just like this recipe, it uses the most simple ingredients to make a super delicious authentic Indian curry! You’ll definitely end up impressing your friends and family with this delicious recipe! It’s so simple to make and tastes completely authentic!