This delicious hummus is extremely easy to make and the recipe is absolutely fool proof! You don’t need many ingredients for it but it tastes A-A-AMAZING and is healthy too!
This recipe is just perfect! We’ve tried it a thousand times and every time it just turns out great. It’s smooth and creamy, and at the same time it’s healthy too!! What more could you ask for?
“I never knew making hummus was this easy!”
Use it as a dip, have it along with your favorite grilled chicken/meat or just have it with plain arabic/pita bread – this hummus will taste delicious every time you try it! Plus it stores well for three days in the refrigerator!
Hi guys!! Today we have an all-time classic recipe for you guys – hummus! I’m sure most of you have already tried hummus in some shape or form, and if you haven’t then be prepared to be amazed by this delicious Middle Eastern dish!
As some of you might already know, Arvin and I lived in Dubai, UAE before shifting here to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. While in Dubai, we had the chance to try loads of different middle eastern foods and of course hummus was always one of our favorites. Arvin has actually grown up having Middle Eastern food, since he was born and brought up in different countries in the ME.
This recipe requires a food processor and if you don’t already have one, you should totally get it since it’ll change your cooking game! Most food processors have loads of functions that will really help you cook with more ease.
This hummus recipe tastes great and is absolutely fool-proof!Click To Tweet
Basically this recipe is blitzing up the right combination of the classic hummus ingredients – and trust us we’ve really made sure to try making this recipe a thousand times before coming up with this exact recipe. You seriously will not be disappointed!
Making a hummus is super easy! So in the chef’s tip today, we’ve included how to make your own tahini paste in case you can’t find it in stores near you! And also some ideas on how to have your delicious hummus.
- You can make your own tahini for the hummus if you don’t want to purchase it from the store. It’s super easy. In a food processor, add 1 cup of sesame seeds and blitz it till it’s crumbly. Next add 3-4 tablespoons of light olive oil or vegetable oil with a pinch of salt and blitz till it’s a smooth paste. Depending on the sesame seeds and the consistency you like, you might want to add another tablespoon of the oil.
- You can have hummus as a dip with different vegetables, or even make pita chips to go along with it. For pita chips, just cut up the pita bread into chip-sized pieces, drizzle olive oil on it and bake for 8-12 minutes at 375˚F or 180˚C. You have even add some minced garlic on top for an extra delicious flavor!
- Hummus is also great inside a sandwich. It goes super well with grilled chicken and meat too!
- Preserve the liquid left over from the cooked chickpeas or the liquid from the canned chickpeas and use it to give the hummus a smoother texture.
So let’s get down to the recipe!
- 500 grams well cooked or canned chickpeas
- 5 tablespoons tahini
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process till it's of a smooth consistency.
- You can add slightly more lemon juice if you like a tangy flavor.
2. You can have hummus as a dip with different vegetables, or even make pita chips to go along with it. For pita chips, just cut up the pita bread into chip-sized pieces, drizzle olive oil on it and bake for 8-12 minutes at 375˚F or 180˚C. You have even add some minced garlic on top for an extra delicious flavor!
3. Hummus is also great inside a sandwich. It goes super well with grilled chicken and meat too!
4. Preserve the liquid left over from the cooked chickpeas or the liquid from the canned chickpeas and use it to give the hummus a smoother texture.
If you love this recipe, you’ll definitely love our other delicious ethnic delicious. Hummus goes great with pita bread and a fresh salad and we think you’ll love our Persian Shirazi Salad. It’s been going viral all around Pinterest and you’ll definitely enjoy it just as much as everyone well!