We absolutely love trying out salads from different parts of the world, and this salad happens to originate for Greece. It was fresh flavors and tastes divine! It’s a perfect combination of different vegetables that go along so well!
So here we are with yet another salad – are you all keeping up with it too? Ever since we (read: Aena since Arvin always did) started having salads everyday, we’ve started feeling so much for energetic – you can literally feel like it’s helping you become healthier. That really is the power of natural whole foods, something we’re now studying now deeply about in our holistic nutrition course.
This Greek salad is incredibly fresh and absolutely healthy!Click To Tweet
The superstar of this salad is chickpeas – yum! We’re happy with anything chickpea, be it roasted or blended in some hummus – SO good! So naturally we had to try out this salad as well to see how it tasted, and sure enough the flavors are beautiful. There is this certain balance that comes from this particular combination of vegetables that you just have to try to know for yourself – yes it truly is THAT good!
For a slight variation to this recipe, you can go right ahead and add some kalamata olives to the mix – it still taste even better! It’s an extremely simple recipe which your entire family will surely enjoy. So let’s get down to the recipe now, shall we?
- 300 grams canned chickpeas - drained
- 1 cucumber - quartered
- 8 - 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper (you can use ¼ some from red, yellow, orange and green peppers like we did)
- 30 grams scallions/green onions - chopped
- 20 grams feta cheese - diced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Start off with preparing the vegetables: cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters, chop the scallions, thinly slice the bell peppers and cut the cucumber in quarters.
- Toss all ingredients together along with balsamic vinegar and dried oregano.
- Top it off with feta cheese and serve.