These Baked Italian Eggs will make your next brunch exciting and super delicious! These look amazing plus are super easy to make! Serve them with some toasted bread and you have the perfect breakfast!
We’re always trying to find the perfect recipe for a quick and easy breakfast – and this recipe that we created is all of it! Plus it tastes A-A-AMAZING!! ?
The tomato sauce is so good that we’ve even used it since then for pasta and it goes so well with it! This recipe is super versatile and you can add more vegetables to it according to your own taste. Just know that by the end of it, you’ll have some yummy baked eggs for breakfast! ?
Hello you guys!! Finally, it’s Friday. We’ve been anxiously waiting for the weekend – finally we have time to unwind. We announced in our previous blog post on Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Garlic Parmesan Crust that we’ve moved to Malaysia ?? and that we’re finally studying photography full-time now!
Being arts students, we are always so occupied with some creative work. It’s super fun, but it can be so time consuming. This semester, we’re not only studying photography, but our school is also making us do a lot of basic arts courses which involves a lot of drawing and painting.
As fun as it can be, it’s so super time-consuming! So we’re usually swamped with school and blog work these days so weekends are always nice ?. We’ve been blessed with quite a lot of public holidays lately in Malaysia with the Chinese New Year etc, and so it’s been pretty smooth till now!!
And during our vacations – Arvin and I always look playing some games and rewinding! It’s always so much fun to just forget about work, the blog and just have a great time with each other. Our favorite at the moment is definitely GTA V and we’re also trying to find other great ones to play! If you’re into gaming like us you should definitely check out the list Games Like Zones made for games similar to GTA V!
This recipe is something we’re sure everyone will love! It’s easy to make so the moms and busy single people will absolutely love making it, plus it feels more special than the regular omelette – and that’s always good right? Plus we bet the kids will love it too!!
It’s the perfect blend of spices and the tomato sauce goes super well with the baked eggs. The flavors completely infuse together once it’s in the oven and by the end of it, you’ll just want more of this everyday!
As always, we have some handy chef tips lined up for you guys for this recipe. We keep updating these as more and more comments/questions come in, so that it’s always easy for you guys to make the recipe. Also, feel free to comment below on any of our recipe posts and we typically reply within a day!!
[clickToTweet tweet=”These Baked Italian Eggs will make your next brunch exciting and super delicious!” quote=”These Baked Italian Eggs will make your next brunch exciting and super delicious!”]
Trust me, if we had it our way, we’d reply within an hour – but studies keep us busy and the time difference with most of our readers mean that we’re usually asleep on this side of the world by the time you guys are on our blog.
Chef Tips ?
- Make the sauce ahead of time and you can have this delicious baked eggs easily the next morning!
- You can store this sauce for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Add more vegetables according to your taste!
- Make sure to bake the eggs till the egg whites are cooked through. The easiest way to know when they’re perfectly cooked is to check whether the egg whites have turned opaque or not. If they’re not see-through anymore, you’re good to go!
- For some gooey, runny, delicious egg yolks, more sure you don’t bake more than 10 minutes!
Finally, time for the recipe!
- 3 eggs
- 3 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ cup sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- parsley, for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F or 220˚C.
- In a saucepan, heat oil on medium settings. Add in the onion and sweat the onion for 1 minute.
- Add in the garlic and sauté for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, spices and half cup of water. Leave on medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Take off the stove. In a casserole, add the tomato sauce.
- Top off with cheddar cheese.
- Crack three eggs into this casserole and bake in the oven for 10 minutes, or until the egg whites are completely cooked through.
- Serve hot with toasted bread.
2. You can store this sauce for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
3. Add more vegetables according to your taste!
4. Make sure to bake the eggs till the egg whites are cooked through. The easiest way to know when they're perfectly cooked is to check whether the egg whites have turned opaque or not. If they're not see-through anymore, you're good to go!
5. For some gooey, runny, delicious egg yolks, more sure you don't bake more than 10 minutes!
If you loved this recipe, you’ll definitely love our super easy Cinnamon Roll French Toast Roll-Ups recipe! They will satisfy your cravings in a jiffy! These are perfect for breakfast, but hey, we can have them all day! Definitely one of our most loved recipes!! ❤️