If there is one recipe for Spaghetti Bolognese that you need to know, this is it! You’ll be surprised how an easy recipe like this one can make such a delicious pasta! PLUS the pasta sauce can be used for so many different recipes!
When we made this recipe, we knew we had hit the jackpot! It is so wonderfully simple, yet surprisingly rich and delicious! The flavors go so well together PLUS the sauce is A-A-AMAZING!
The pasta sauce for this recipe really is the star of the dish! What’s great is that it can be used for so many other pasta recipes apart from Bolognese! You have got to make a batch and try it for yourself!
Hello everyone! We are back with a brand new recipe – SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE!
This recipe is as simple as it gets, no scary techniques needed to make it – all you need to know is how to boil pasta! And if you whip up our All Purpose Pasta Sauce recipe and store it, you can have this delicious Spaghetti Bolognese fresh all week with minimal effort!
Arvin and I are such snapchat addicts (if you’re not already following us, add us on snapchat @scrambledchefs)! We usually always snapchat us cooking as well as how the final recipe looks when it’s all done – but this time we TOTALLY FORGOT! We kept rushing everything because we couldn’t stop ourselves from eating all of the Spaghetti Bolognese! ? Trust me, it is that GOOD! You have got to try it out for yourself to know just how delicious this recipe is!
Chef Tips 💡
- While adding the spices, add in one bay leaf for added aroma and flavor! Discard it before serving the pasta.
- Make the sauce ahead of time to save time during the week! We love preparing the sauce on the weekend and using it during the week – it goes great in Bolognese, on pizzas as a base sauce and is even delicious as a dip with some nachos!
- If you have time, you can alternatively marinate the meat with all the spices and leave it for about an hour before cooking it in the recipe – it will add a new dimension to the flavors!
So here’s the recipe!
- 300g of minced meat
- 200 g spaghetti
- 1 jar of our All Purpose Pasta Sauce
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp oregano powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp of dried parsley
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- shredded mozzarella cheese, for garnishing (optional)
- finely chopped fresh parsley, for garnishing (optional)
- Boil the spaghetti in water according to the instructions on the spaghetti packet label (usually 7 minutes).
- In a pan on medium heat, add olive oil and saute the onions for 1 minute. Add in the chopped garlic and saute for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the meat to the pan and cook till the meat changes color and is cooked (about 3 - 4 minutes). Add in the spices and mix well. Cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add one jar of the All Purpose Pasta Sauce and water, let it it cook till the water evaporates and the sauce is of the right consistency.
- Add in the drained boiled spaghetti to the sauce and mix well.
- Top off with mozzarella cheese and wait till the cheese melts.
- Serve hot and fresh.
2. Make the sauce ahead of time to save time during the week! We love preparing the sauce on the weekend and using it during the week - it goes great in Bolognese, on pizzas as a base sauce and is even delicious as a dip with some nachos!
3. If you have time, you can alternatively marinate the meat with all the spices and leave it for about an hour before cooking it in the recipe - it will add a new dimension to the flavors!
If you like this recipe, you’ll definitely LOVE our Super Cheesy Mexican Pasta! Who doesn’t love pasta?! And who doesn’t like Mexican food?! Put the two together and we have the most delicious pasta recipe ever!! It’s super easy to make yet tastes like you put hours into it!