One of the many things that unites both of us in the love of food, is our love for garlic. Top that off with some yummy mozzarella cheese and sun-dried tomatoes and you’ve entered what we like to call food heaven. No seriously, this sun-dried tomatoes and garlic bruschetta is one of the easiest yet most delicious appetizers you’ll ever make!
Arvin basically knows how to make the most delicious garlic bread you ever think of! And it helps that Aena likes eating (read: stealing) all of it from him and having it all in one sitting. That just means it gets made more often than not! And who doesn’t love the smell of a hot toasted slice of baguette with some home-made garlic butter on it? YUM!
To amp up Arvin’s usual garlic bread recipe, he decided to pair it with some homemade sun-dried tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. So we have garlic butter + sun-dried tomatoes + mozzarella cheese! Seriously what more could you ask for?
This sundried tomatoes and garlic butter bruschettas are easy to make and super delicious!Click To Tweet
Sun-dried tomatoes are incredibly easy to make and they taste SO much better than the store bought one. You can make loads of them well in advance and store it in a mason jar with some olive oil, salt and spices. Just whip it out, chop it up and use them in sandwiches, pizzas or make some delicious bruschettas like we’re making today!
The best thing about this recipe is that you can have most of the prep done well in advance and just put it all together within 10 minutes when your guests have arrived or when you want it all for yourself (hey, we’re not judging!). We usually like to have some homemade garlic butter in the fridge at all times to just spread on some toast in the morning for breakfast. Not only is it super easy to make but it’ll also make you completely forgot about the bruschettas and garlic bread you’ve had in restaurants!
So are we all ready for the recipe? Here goes!
- 100 grams unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 5 cloves of garlic - minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ black pepper
- 5 medium tomatoes - deseeded and quartered
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 baguette
- 100 grams mozzarella cheese
- chopped sundried tomatoes
- garlic butter
- Preheat the oven to 90°C (195°F).
- Start off with deseeding the tomatoes and cut them in quarters.
- Place them on a greased pan and sprinkle the thyme, parsley, salt and pepper on top.
- Roast the tomatoes in the oven for 10 hours until they've completely dried out. Make sure to flip them once after the initial 5 hours.
- Start off with some room temperature butter. Use a spoon to mix the butter in a bowl till it's creamy.
- Add the parsley, minced garlic cloves, salt and pepper to the butter and mix thoroughly. Adjust according to taste.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C (350°F).
- Cut the baguette into 1½ inch (approximately) slices.
- Spread some garlic butter on the slice and top it off with mozzarella cheese.
- Add chopped sundried tomatoes on top and bake in the oven for 5 - 7 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.