This pasta recipe is PERFECT for mid-week lazy days and tastes spectacular!! And learn how to make delicious sundried tomatoes yourself while you’re at it! YUM!!
We all LOVE pasta right?! And what’s better than a quick and super easy recipe for the midweek! We both love making this on Mondays – because who likes Mondays right?!
This recipe is done in only 20 minutes!! But tastes like you’ve spent hours making it. Make the recipe with store-bought sundried tomatoes or make some delicious ones at home – either way this will become your go-on pasta recipe!! Trust me, your friends will beg you for the recipe!
Hi guys!! Here’s a brand new recipe for you guys! We came up with the idea for this one after we had made a whole bunch of super DELICIOUS sundried tomatoes while making Sundried Tomatoes and Garlic Butter Bruschettas. SO good!! ?
So yeah, we had a whole bunch of these in a jar and one fine lazy Monday evening, we came up with an idea for this pasta recipe. And once we made it, we instantly fell in love with it! It’s tangy with a spice kick and starts just right!!
So it’s officially been two months since we both moved to Malaysia ??!! YAY! We’re definitely loving this place and absolutely adore the positive vibes from everyone in this country.
There is one thing about Malaysians that I absolutely love. They have the habit of saying ‘CAN’ to just about everything. If you ever ask them if something can be done or if it possible to do it, they always respond positively and say ‘can/can can’ – meaning that yes you can/yes we can. This short form is used extremely frequently by the locals here and it just goes to show their outlook towards life. Makes me personally feel like, really, anything is possible if you just want to set out to do it.
So coming back to the recipe for today, this pasta recipe is my go-to apart from the 5 ingredient pasta recipe we posted last year! Both these recipes are super delicious and simple – just the way we like it!This pasta recipe is PERFECT for mid-week lazy days and tastes delicious!Click To Tweet
Today’s chef tips are all about flavors and what else you can add to this recipe to enhance it according to your taste. Get ready for this recipe to become your new favorite!!
Chef Tips 💡
- Adding one pinch of dry rosemary to this pasta while cooking the tomatoes and spices adds an extra earthy and piney touch to the recipe. If you love rosemary on your meats, you’ll definitely like it in this pasta recipe!
- Add a dash of lemon juice to make the flavors come out more.
- Making homemade sundried tomatoes results in a drastically different and delicious touch to this recipe. Learn how to make them here.
- Parsley is traditionally used in Italian cuisines but if you want to add more flavor and fragrance to the pasta, try substituting it with coriander in the recipe.
So here’s the delicious recipe! 😍
- 200 grams fettuccine pasta
- 7-8 store bought sundried tomatoes or homemade sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 finely chopped tomato
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- finely chopped parsely, for garnishing
- Start off by cooking the pasta according to the instructions on the box. Normally fettuccine takes up to 8 minutes to reach the al-dente stage when you boil it in hot water.
- In a separate pan, heat oil on medium settings. Add in the onion and sweat the onion for 1 minute.
- Add in the garlic and sauté for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, spices and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta to this pan and toss. Add sundried tomatoes and toss some more. Cook for 30 seconds more and take off the stove.
- Garnish with finely chopped fresh parsely before serving.
If you enjoyed this pasta recipe, we’re sure you’ll absolutely LOVE our 5 Ingredient Pasta! It’s extremely EASY to make and takes only 15 minutes! Plus what’s best is that you’ll probably find all the ingredients for this pasta already in your pantry! YUM!! ?