If you are an avid baker then cookies are likely to have come across your path at some point. One of the easiest and most popular goods to bake, cookies are great as they can incorporate many different flavors and recipes.
However, no matter what kind of cookie you are making, a cookie scoop will always give you the best-looking results thanks to the consistent portions it creates.
Whether you are baking for a small business or for a school’s cake sale, cookie scoops are guaranteed to give you the most delicious-looking cookies that are going to be swept up immediately.
In this article, we’ve gathered the top five cookie scoops on the market followed by an exclusive Buyers Guide and FAQ so you know what to look out for when conducting your own research.
Here are the top five cookie scoops on the market that you should consider:
Best Cookie Scoop
Our top recommendation is the Solula Professional 18/8 Stainless Steel Medium Cookie Scoop which is the perfect size at #40 and is suitable for any kind of cookie.
With the ability to hold around 1.7 Tbsp, you’ll see the benefits of consistently portioned cookies that look professionally baked.
The scoop makes the cookies round which means that they are all the same size and allows them to be baked evenly and consistently.
The simple squeeze releases the cookie dough and makes the process a breeze, allowing the scoop to glide easily without any intense effort. The ergonomic grip can be used by both left and right hands comfortably with no fuss.
What makes this our top pick is that it has been built to last. This scoop is made from 18/8 stainless steel which means that it won’t rust or corrode, even after a long period of time.
The durability of the product also means that it can easily be used safely and is dishwasher safe for extra convenience.
As well as cookies, this scoop can also be used on other foods such as ice cream, meat, and sorbet among many more so it is extremely versatile as well.
- With the ability to hold around 1.7 Tbsp, you’ll see the benefits of consistently portioned cookies that look professionally baked
- The simple squeeze releases the cookie dough and makes the process a breeze, allowing the scoop to glide easily without any intense effort
- Made from 18/8 stainless steel which means that it won’t rust or corrode, even after a long period of time
- Can be tricky to clean
- PERFECT SIZE -- #40 portioner, scoop mouth diameter: 1.73 inches /44mm/4.4cm, Scoop holds about 1.7 tablespoon / 26 ml, yields a 2 ¾"-diameter cookie.
- COOKIES BAKE EVENLY -- The scoop makes the cookies round, all the same size so the cookies bake evenly and are consistent for display or gifting.
- SAVE YOUR TIME -- A simple squeeze releases cookie dough, makes scooping cookies a breeze! This perfect scoop glides easily and does not require intense effort. And the grip fits comfortably into left and right hands.
- BUILT TO LAST -- The scoop is made from 18/8 stainless steel, and won't rust or corrode. You can be confident with safety and durability of this kitchen tool. Dishwasher safe.
- MULTIPLE USES -- By using this scoop you can create beautiful balls of ice cream, melon, sorbet, meat, fruit, and many more healthy meals easily.
Our second selection is the Norpro Stainless Steel Scoop, 39MM which can hold up to 1.5 tablespoon which is approximately 50 scoops per quart.
The heavy-duty spring action helps to release food easily without sticking to the scoop. This scoop is ideal for cookies as well as other foods such as ice cream and meat.
The scoop itself is made from stainless steel with a high polished finish meaning that it is rust and corrosion resistant while also ensuring that it has the durability you expect to endure heavy-duty use for years to come.
This scoop helps to reduce any mess that can occur when making cookies whilst also maintaining control in creating consistent portions for sleeker results.
The hinged sweeping mechanism makes it easy to release the food and easy to use. Safe for all ages and all baking abilities, this is a must-have for any baker who wants to improve the look of their final products.
- The heavy duty spring action helps to release food easily without sticking to the scoop
- Made from stainless steel with a high polished finish meaning that it is rust and corrosion resistant while also ensuring that it has the durability you expect to endure heavy duty use
- Helps to reduce any mess that can occur when making cookies whilst also maintaining the control in creating consistent portions for sleeker results
- Can be uncomfortable to use after a long period of time
- Measures: 7.5" x 2.25" x .75" / 19cm x 5.75cm x 2cm
- Scoop: 1.5 Tbsp/.75oz/22.5ml/39mm, approximately 50 scoops per quart.
- Heavy-duty spring action releases food easily.
- Ideal for scooping ice cream, scoop and drop cookie dough, use to make meatballs, to make fruit/melon balls and also great for dishing up pet food.
- Made of stainless steel with a high polished finish.
Our third choice is the Wilton Stainless Steel Cookie Scoop which features a 4 teaspoon capacity as well as an ergonomically designed squeeze handle for the easy release of dough.
Wilton has been designing top-quality kitchen utensils for almost 100 years and has become a highly reputable leader in the industry.
Their products can always be trusted to provide products that you can use for long periods of time with ease to make the baking experience more enjoyable with beautiful-looking results.
This scoop has been designed with two squeeze handles so you can get that evenly proportioned cookie scoop every time.
This scoop is made from stainless steel in its entirety meaning that it is completely resistant to rust and corrosion while also guaranteeing that you can get many years of heavy-duty use from this scoop.
Easy to clean, this scoop can be placed in warm, soapy water and then rinsed and dried thoroughly to ensure that it always performs to its full potential.
- Features a 4 teaspoon capacity as well an ergonomically designed squeeze handle for the easy release of dough
- Has been designed with two squeeze handles so you can get that evenly proportioned cookie scoop every time
- Can be placed in warm, soapy water and then rinsed and dried thoroughly to ensure that it always performs to its full potential
- Isn’t suitable for cookies that have large mix ins such as walnuts
- READY, SET, BAKE: Keep cookies uniform in size and shape with help from our easy-to-use Wilton small stainless steel cookie scoop
- BAKEWARE FOR EVERY DAY AND EVERY OCCASION: The Wilton cookie scoop makes it easy to scoop and bake evenly-sized cookies; great for everyday and holiday baking
- CONVENIENT: The Wilton cookie scoop can hold up to 4 teaspoons of dough and features a squeeze spring handle for an easy release after you scoop
- CARE INSTRUCTIONS: For best results, wash the Wilton cookie scoop in warm, soapy water before first and after each use; rinse and dry thoroughly
- INCLUDES: 1 cookie scoop, capacity: 4 teaspoons
Our penultimate recommendation is the Prep Solutions by Progressive Measuring Scoop which features a quick-release hinge that makes the perfect sized cookie every time for more even and consistent results.
The quick-release sweepers' portions out the perfect amount of dough for baking cookies specifically which means that they will be baked more easily and less prone to any uneven appearances or burning.
This is ideal for those who want to make smaller cookies as it can hold ⅕ tablespoon of dough which is great for traditional cookies with smaller mix-ins.
This scoop is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning which makes it great for those who want their equipment to be low maintenance.
The scoop itself is made from stainless steel which is resistant to rust and corrosion while the handles are coated with a soft and ergonomic material that makes the scoop better to hold which is ideal when scooping lots of portions.
- Features a quick release hinge that makes the perfect sized cookie every time for more even and consistent results
- Portions out the perfect amount of dough for baking cookies specifically which means that they will be baked more easily and less prone to any uneven appearances or burning
- Made from stainless steel which is resistant to rust and corrosion while the handles are coated with a soft and ergonomic material that makes the scoop better to hold which is ideal when scooping lots of portions
- The sliding bar can be become loose over time
- The prep solutions by Progressive quick release cookie scoop makes the perfect sized cookie every time
- The quick release sweeper portions out the perfect amount of dough for baking cookies
- It is also great for creating meatballs, melon balls and scooping ice cream
- This cookie scoop has a 1 ½ tbsp. (.75oz/22ml) capacity
- It is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
Our final selection is the OXO Good Grips Medium Cookie Scoop which has a soft spring-loaded handle that has been ergonomically designed and can absorb pressure for a simple squeeze. This makes it ideal for those who may suffer from conditions such as arthritis.
The wiper cleanly ejects all dough no matter how sticky it is and creates uniform cookies that will be baked evenly and consistently.
This scoop can hold up to 1.5 tablespoon of dough which is ideal for those who want to make traditional cookies such as chocolate chips.
This scoop is ideal for those who don’t want any fuss when cleaning as it is dishwasher safe. It also comes with a guarantee of customer satisfaction as OXO will repair or replace your product should you run into an issue with it.
The stainless steel material is resistant to rust and corrosion and is designed for heavy-duty use. This is great for those who want a high-quality product that will last.
- Has a soft spring loaded handle that has been ergonomically designed and can absorb pressure for a simple squeeze
- The wiper cleanly ejects all dough no matter how sticky it is and creates uniform cookies that will be baked evenly and consistently
- Comes with a guarantee of customer satisfaction as OXO will repair or replace your product should you run into an issue with it
- High price point
- Soft, comfortable, spring-loaded handle absorbs pressure for a simple squeeze
- Wiper cleanly ejects even sticky dough, creating uniform cookies that will bake evenly
- 40 portioners holds 1.5 tablespoons of dough
- Yields 2-¾” diameter cookies
- Dishwasher safe
Best Cookie Scoop Buyer’s Guide
When researching which cookie scoop is right for you, there are certain factors that you need to consider before making that decision. Always look into the size of the scoop, the material it is made from, any warranty or returns policies, and your budget.
Once you’ve weighed these up with your own criteria, you’ll be in a position where you can make a final decision with confidence.
Cookie scoops come in a wide range of sizes so it’s important to consider how big you want your cookies to be before buying the scoop. If you are following a recipe then it should tell you how big the cookies should be and you can purchase the correct scoop accordingly.
However, if you are working on your own recipe or like to experiment, then you can purchase a variety of different size scoops and see which size you prefer.
The material of the scoop is important as this will indicate the durability and longevity of the product. Stainless steel is an ideal choice as it doesn’t rust nor will it wear away over time as it has been designed to withstand heavy-duty use.
On the other hand, steel also doesn’t transfer any odor or taste to the cookie whereas coated metals can. Therefore, it’s important to be wary when researching the materials.
Most brands will offer some form of exchange or refund in the form of a 30 day returns policy or a limited warranty should your product become defective through no fault of your own.
As stated, these products are designed to last and the brands have their confidence and guarantee in customer satisfaction meaning that there is always a customer service team who are able to assist should you need it.
Lastly, consider your budget. Naturally, single cookie scoops don’t cost that much but it is dependent on the size you purchase as well as how many.
Whether you are looking for one particular size, want to buy a mini set, or a wide range of sizes, it’s important to gauge the average price so you are not compromising your bank account.
As you can see from the recommendations in this article, there are a wide array of high-quality options available at varying price points.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cookie scoops are available in all kinds of sizes to accommodate a variety of different flavors and portions. Naturally, cookies that have a lot of large and chunky components such as nuts will need a larger size. However, for those who are opting for traditional-style cookies, a size #24 is usually the go-to for many bakers.
Cookie scoops have many advantages with the main one being that it creates consistently sized cookies and reduces the amount of mess on the counter and the tray. You’ll be able to utilize as much dough as possible while also producing professional-looking results.