If you enjoy preparing your meals from scratch then a manual meat grinder can be a great addition to your kitchen tools. Allowing you to retain control as you process a variety of meats, fish, and vegetables, meat grinders can be more versatile than how the name sounds.
Manual meat grinders may require more handiwork than electrical but you have complete control as well as reducing the amount of mess on your countertop.
However, with so many options available on the market, it can be overwhelming to know where to start. We’ve gathered the top five manual meat grinders on the market that you need to consider followed by an exclusive Buyers Guide and FAQ so you will know everything there is to know when conducting your own research.
Here are the top five manual meat grinders on the market that you should consider:
Best Manual Meat Grinder
Our top recommendation is the Huanyu Manual Meat Grinder which has two major functions: grinding and stuffer. Simply install a round meat plate and cross knife at the outlet which can perform the fine grinding and crushing of various types of ingredients.
Made from two kinds of stainless steel materials, the shell bracket is constructed from 304 stainless steel while the easily consumable blakes and augers are designed using 3CR13 stainless steel to provide the durability you need. The machine is easy to clean while remaining rust and corrosion-resistant.
The strong suction cup at the bottom and stainless steel table clamp provide a double fixing that prevents the machine from moving during use which makes the operation more convenient and simple.
What makes this our top pick is how many types of meat and other foods can be processed through this grinder, making your food healthier and fresher.
Including everything you need, this machine comes with an enema nozzle to make sausages, 4.5mm round hole, 8mm round hole, meat board, ABS plastic funnel, pushrod to add ingredients, and a cleaning brush. Easy to assemble and disassemble, this is ideal for those who want a grinder that is quicker to clean.
- The shell bracket is constructed from 304 stainless steel while the easily consumable blakes and augers are designed using 3CR13 stainless steel to provide the durability you need
- The strong suction cup at the bottom and stainless steel table clamp provides a double fixing which prevents the machine from moving during use which makes the operation more convenient and simple
- Easy to assemble and disassemble, this is ideal for those who want a grinder that is quicker to clean
- High price point
- [HEAVY DUTY STAINLESS STEEL] This is a sturdy, durable meat grinder. The body and all metal parts are made of stainless steel in one piece casting. And it is dishwasher safe. There is no need to worry about oxidation, blackening or rust. The fine mirror polishing process makes the body and the internal parts are more perfect. You don’t have to worry about the problems of falling metal shavings and mixing into the food, cause the waste of expensive ingredients.
- [DOUBLE FIXATION] The bottom strong suction cup + Stainless steel table clamp, double fixation to prevent the machine from moving during use, and don't worry about it falling down, the operation is safer and more assured! The opening range of steel clip is 0.39"-1.97”, which is suitable for desktops with most thicknesses.
- [MINCING&SAUSAGE MAKING] It can easily grind various meat ingredients such as beef, pork, fish, chicken racks, etc., it can also grind vegetables with low moisture like mushrooms and peppers. At the same time, it can make sausages. The function of one machine is multi-purpose, convenient and practical! Besides the grinding process will not produce terrible noise to affect your mood.
- [HEALTHIER&FRESHER] Manual meat grinder simulates the process of manual meat mincing, which greatly retains the original taste of the meat, as well as the nutrition of the meat itself, does not damage the fiber of the meat. Keep the meat fresh,100% lock in the texture and nutrition of the meat. The cutting blade is sharp enough and will not slip when the meat is grinded, which greatly improves the efficiency of the meat grinder.
- [PERFECT AFTER-SALES SERVICE] We have specially produced English manuals, and our meat grinder has gained CE certification, the quality will not disappoint you. We provide a one-year warranty service, and we will provide any damaged parts free of charge for you to replace (no matter how long you bought it), please rest assured to buy.
Our second selection is the CAM2 304 Stainless Steel Heavy Duty Manual Meat Grinder which boasts a heavy-duty, all stainless steel construction.
It is easy to clean while remaining rust and corrosion resistant making it highly durable for product longevity meaning you will get years of heavy-duty use.
The wide opening clamp allows accessible mounting on any countertop or table and will stay in place while the unit is in operation.
The two stainless steel plates boast a sturdy and strong construction and come with a filling tube so you can make sausages.
This unit is great for those who want a secure and durable product that is going to withstand regular use. The 420 stainless steel blade is premium quality and can be replaced easily should you need to.
Including rubber pads to prevent damage from occurring on any delicate work surfaces, CAM2 has thought of everything in the intricate design. This unit comes with a one-year warranty for the grinder and accessories should they become defective or damaged.
- Easy to clean while remaining rust and corrosion resistant making it highly durable for product longevity meaning you will get years of heavy-duty use
- The wide opening clamp allows accessible mounting on any countertop or table and will stay in place while the unit is in operation
- Comes with a one year warranty for the grinder and accessories should they become defective or damaged
- High price point
- Heavy-duty, all stainless steel construction; Easy to clean and rust resistant. Stainless steel encountered alkaline liquid will cause corrosion, please try to avoid prolonged exposure to alkaline liquid.
- The wide-opening clamp allows mounting on almost any countertop or table.
- Two stainless steel plates: Coarse ⅜" and Fine 3/16". Including the filling tube to make sausage.
- 420 Stainless steel blade, it is the best stainless steel. Our product contains two 420 stainless steel blades that can be replaced at any time for your use.
- Damage preventing rubber pads protect delicate work surfaces. Within one year, the meat grinder accessories are damaged or missing, please contact us for a new accessory, free of charge.
Our third choice is the LHS Manual Meat Grinder which is ideal for those who want a product that is easy to use. It works by simply placing the pieces of meat into the grinder and turning the hand crank with no electricity required. Suitable for grinding all kinds of foods, this product is extremely versatile.
The high-quality materials include a heavy-duty plastic body and stainless steel blades which ensure durability and are powerful and fast when in operation. Including everything you need to make a variety of foods with the most convenient unit, the parts are replaceable so you don’t have to worry about losing any parts.
The powerful suction base is part of the unique design and helps to keep the meat grinder in place while you are using it.
The blades are fully enclosed which makes this unit one of the safest options on our list while the ergonomically designed handle and stable body with non-slip bottom rubber make grinding smooth, safe, and more comfortable to use if you are processing a lot of food.
This is the best option for those who want a unit that is not metal and has a lightweight structure.
- The high-quality materials include a heavy-duty plastic body and stainless steel blades which ensure durability and are powerful and fast when in operation
- Including everything you need to make a variety of foods with the most convenient unit, the parts are replaceable so you don’t have to worry about losing any parts
- The blades are fully enclosed which makes this unit one of the safest options on our list while the ergonomically designed handle and stable body with non-slip bottom rubber makes grinding smooth, safe, and more comfortable to use if you are processing a lot of food
- Cannot be used with frozen meats
- Easy to Use: Simply place the pieces of meat into the grinder and turn the hand crank.No electricity needed.It is a good helper to make meatballs,egg salad,chicken burger,especially for baby food.
- Good Quality: Heavy duty plastic body and stainless steel blades ensure durability. Powerful and fast to grinding all meat. Blades, sausage stuffer tubes, handle replacement are available now, don’t worry about losing parts anymore!
- Unique Design: Powerful suction base ensure to keep this meat grinder in place while you are using it. A great improvement on its capacity.the hopper size has been enlarged for grinding more meat or other food every single time.
- Safe for Kitchen: Blades are fully enclosed so it is extremely safe to use.Ergonomic handle design and stable body with non-slip bottom rubber makes grinding smooth and safe.
- Some Suggestions: Please choose a no water and smooth counter and place the meat grinder on the edge of it,then press it to expel the air from the suction cup, and turn down the knob to make the suction base suck on it .The suction works well in this way.
Our penultimate recommendation is the F&W Kitchen Basics 3 N 1 Manual Meat and Vegetable Grinder which can quickly and easily grind a variety of food.
Featuring two stainless steel screen plates for fine mincing and coarse mincing, you can be assured of the longevity and durability of the unit.
With three funnels included in a variety of sizes, you can also make a variety of healthy and delicious sausages. This is the perfect option for those who want to reduce the amount of mess on their countertop while also making the food preparation process easier and quicker.
What makes this option different from the others is that you can also make pasta using this grinder such as rigatoni and spaghetti by simply inserting the dough and turning the crank.
Not only does this make the grinder more versatile, but more accessible for all kinds of households and dietary requirements.
The quality sharp stainless steel blades are made from premium quality steel which makes the unit reliable for heavy-duty use. It is easy to operate and clean thanks to its dishwasher-safe properties.
- Featuring two stainless steel screen plates for fine mincing and coarse mincing, you can be assured of the longevity and durability of the unit
- The perfect option for those who want to reduce the amount of mess on their countertop while also making the food preparation process easier and quicker
- Can also make pasta using this grinder such as rigatoni and spaghetti by simply inserting the dough and turning the crank
- Can be difficult to clean in the ridges
- Quickly and easily grind meat, vegetables, etc. Includes two stainless steel screens; fine mincing and course mincing plate
- Attach the sausage funnel (3 sizes included) and impress your family and guests to healthy and delicious homemade sausages
- Make your own homemade pasta - creates two pasta types rigatoni and spaghetti. Just insert the dough, turn the crank and watch it turn into beautiful homemade pasta strands
- Dimensions: 7.5 in Height X 5 in Width; Quality sharp stainless steel blades
- Easy to use and clean, Dishwasher safe
Our final selection is the Gideon Hand Crank Manual Meat Grinder which is easy to use and operate by simply placing your desired foods into the grinder and turning the hand crank. The food will turn into a fine ground paste that is then ready to be cooked.
This unit features high-quality stainless steel blades and screens which ensure durability and lifelong performance. It comes with two stainless steel screens which are a fine mincing and coarse mincing plate.
The design is compact and lightweight and can easily be disassembled making it great for those who like to cook wherever they travel.
The blades are fully enclosed which effectively eliminates any chance of injury and makes it 100% safe to use. Including a meat pusher to push the meat into the grinder, your fingers and hands won’t go anywhere near the blade before or during operation.
The hand crank is incredibly easy to turn and is ergonomically designed to make the process more comfortable. This unit is dishwasher safe for easy cleanup and easy to disassemble for compact storage.
- Features high-quality stainless steel blades and screens that ensure durability and lifelong performance
- The design is compact and lightweight and can easily be disassembled making it great for those who like to cook wherever they travel
- The hand crank is incredibly easy to turn and is ergonomically designed to make the process more comfortable
- The blade isn’t the sharpest compared to competitors
- Simply place your desired meats or vegetables into the grinder and turn the hand crank. The meats turn into a fine grinded paste ready to be cooked in your favorite style and tasteful seasoning.
- Features high quality stainless steel blades and screens, to ensure durability and lifelong performance. Comes with two stainless steel screens; a fine mincing and coarse mincing plate.
- It's compact lightweight and can easily be dissembled to take along to your next barbecue.
- Blades are fully enclosed, effectively eliminating any chance of injury. Includes a meat pusher to push meats into grinder, keeping fingers and hands out of the feeder. Hand crank is extremely easy to turn.
- Features a super-powerful suction base to keep meat grinder firmly in place. DISHWASHER SAFE – Simply place the grinder into the dishwasher for easy cleanup. Extremely easy to dissemble for compact storage. Size: 9.5" Height x 7" Width.
Best Manual Meat Grinder Buyer’s Guide
When researching which manual meat grinder is the right one for you, there are certain things that you need to consider before making any purchase.
Not only will this prevent any disappointment, but it will also let you know what to expect. Always think about the size of the manual meat grinder, the material that it is made from, any returns policy or warranty periods and your budget.
Once you’ve weighed these factors with your own criteria, you’ll be in a position to make a fully informed decision with confidence.
The first thing you need to think about is the size of the manual meat grinder. The size dictates the versatility and the types of foods that can be processed.
The larger the processor, the more meat can be processed such as larger cuts of meat as well as a wider variety of different foods. However, they can take up a lot of space and be quite expensive whereas smaller meat grinders are more convenient for smaller spaces as well as catering to those with stricter budgets.
The material that the grinder is made from will determine how long the product is likely to last. Products that have a metal structure are more likely to be durable and reliable for heavy-duty use as well as withstanding tougher meats.
Plastic grinders are cheaper but don’t have the same stability and may break when handled with a lot of pressure meaning that there is a limit as to what can be processed.
Always check whether there is a warranty or returns policy when doing your research to provide you with extra peace of mind.
Most brands have customer service teams that are always available and specially trained to deal with any technical issues you may be having and are happy to offer a replacement or refund should your product become defective.
Lastly, always consider your budget. Manual meat grinders vary greatly in price with some being sold at high prices whereas others are marketed at more affordable price points.
As you can see from the recommendations in this article, there are plenty of high-quality options that will provide the performance you need and expect at varying price points making it perfect for those who have the money to spend as well as those working with stricter budgets.
Frequently Asked Questions
Manual meat grinders are ideal for those who won’t need to process a lot of meat at one time due to the amount of manpower that it can require. However, they are much cheaper than electric meat grinders making them a great solution for those who have a small budget.
Manual meat grinders are easy to operate as they consist of a crank which is then turned to process the meat. However, the simplicity of the design can also be one of the biggest challenges as it can cause hand and arm fatigue if you are having to process lots of food at one time.