If sausages are one of your favorite foods to make, then a sausage stuffer is probably already on your radar. Sausages are not simple to make on your own and can be a little time-consuming.
But, we all know that homemade is always best. Enter the sausage stuffer! These handy contraptions can help you create your own sausages, by filling meat into casing, ready for cooking, or baking into your world-famous casseroles.
Store-bought sausages can be filled with ground meat with lots of preservatives, additives, and ingredients that you just don’t want. So, why not cut out the middleman and make your own sausages? Not only is it better for you, but it's lots of fun too!
Luckily, we have gathered all of the best sausage stuffers on the market and created a handy guide with a comparison table for you. This way, you can find the best one that suits your needs, without the hassle. So, let’s dive into the best sausages stuffers around!
Take a look at this table for a comparison of our top picks available on the market!
Here are some of the key criteria that we have used to test and gauge these products. By looking at each one in more detail, we can put them against each other and find the best one for your needs. When deciding which sausage stuffer is the top purchase, this is the criteria that we considered.
There are many different types of sausage stuffers. Some are more costly and high quality than others, but some are perfect for other people who just want to give making homemade sausages a try!
The type of sausage stuffer you purchase will depend on how you want to use the machine.
For instance, you can purchase a manual or electric sausage stuffers, and they can also be found in horizontal and vertical styles.
A horizontal sausage stuffer will work with a piston-like cylinder, which will lay flat on the counter rather than upright. This can be much simpler to load with sausage meat but can take up much more countertop space.
In addition to this, a horizontal sausage stuffer may have a handle, in which case you will need to let the sausage stuffer hang over the edge of the counter to fully rotate the handle and crank out the meat.
However, horizontal sausages stuffers can be much larger and will have a higher capacity, making many more sausages than other stuffers.
Due to their larger capacity, you may find that these sausage stuffers can often be electric rather than manual operation as they will have more gears, and variable speeds so that you can sit back and relax, and let the stuffer do all the work for you!
On the other hand, you can have vertical sausage stuffers. These are some of the most popular sausage stuffers and are the easiest to use. They are rather similar to commercial-grade sausage stuffers and can be purchased in either manual or electric.
With vertical sausage stuffers, the piston-like cylinder will hold all of the ground meat, and extrude it through a tube at the base of the sausage stuffer.
You will have to think about the functionality of the sausage stuffer machine. Sausage stuffer machines can be manual or electric, and some work better than others.
Manual sausage stuffer machines tend to be less costly than electric ones, and typically take up much less space on your kitchen countertop. They are also much easier to store, and can be used anywhere, not just next to a power outlet.
However, manually cranking the handle can be tiresome, and time-consuming if you are planning on making lots of homemade sausages.
We recommend purchasing a manual sausage stuffer if you are only making a small number of sausages, whereas larger quantities will call for an electric sausage maker that can handle much larger capacities and have grinders or cranking mechanisms built in.
When we think about the size of the product, we are not just considering the physical size of the sausage stuffer. Whilst this is equally important, as you will need to be able to find a space for it in your kitchen, and in your storage cupboard, we also have to consider the capacity of the machine.
For instance, if you need to make lots of sausages, then you will need a much larger capacity to churn out as many sausages as possible. Therefore, you will have to factor in the cylinder size to see how much meat they can handle and store at the same time, as this affects how many sausages you can form.
You also have to consider the design of the sausage stuffer, as you will need one with a heavy base. This is so that the base is solid, stable, and will not move whilst you are cranking or pushing out the sausages.
Without a heavy base, the sausage stuffer is likely to move or flip when you are using it, and you will end up with raw meat and lots of sausage casing all over the floor! Some machines will have clamps that ensure that it does not move when in operation.
When it comes to kitchen appliances, whether big or small, you want to have the best quality possible. This is to ensure that the appliance is long-lasting, works well, and is durable enough to last you many uses.
This means purchasing products that are constructed of solid, sturdy material, that is also not difficult to clean up afterward.
The best sausage stuffer machines will be made of stainless steel interiors and exteriors so that the meat will not stick to the machine, and it is less likely to become damaged or rust after a few uses.
In addition, you will want interior gears to be made of strong metal so that they do not wear down quickly or slow the sausage-making process.
In addition to this, you may want to consider the type of material used for the handle crank. Whilst the mechanism of the crank must be very sturdy and strong, you will want a comfortable handle to use.
Ease of Use
We have factored in how easy it is to use these machines in deciding which ones are the best. For instance, are they manual or electric? Is the handle ergonomic or easy to use?
We also considered if there are additional advantages or components such as an air release valve which will help reduce any air inside the machine that can lead to split casing.
In addition, some machines may have variable speeds for your convenience or attachments that make it easier to make and twist the sausages by yourself.
You also have to consider how easy it is to clean the machine, as the raw meat in the mechanism can become a breeding ground for bacteria, so cleaning will need to be simple and efficient.
If you want to create different types of sausages, then you will need a few additional accessories with your sausage stuffer. This is because they will need to have different stuffing tube sizes to create various sizes of sausages.
The more stuffing tube accessories it has, the more versatility and uses you can get out of your sausage stuffer.
About the Company
Finally, you should consider the company or brand itself. Is it a reputable brand, and do they look after their customers and their purchases? This is often a criteria that is overlooked, but we have also considered this in our research.
Best Sausage Stuffer
1. Best All Rounder Sausage Stuffer: Hakka Sausage Stuffer
For a vertical sausage stuffer that ticks all of the boxes, try the Hakka sausage stuffer. This machine is equipped with two fill rates; an easy-to-use system and a quick fill system. In addition, it has 2-speed options for quick and smooth sausage making!
With an all-steel construction, this product is durable and made with food-grade materials for the optimal level of hygiene. This sausage stuffer also comes with 4 different funnels to make all kinds of sausages and is operated with a manual hand crank. With up to 7lb capacity, you can make sausages for the whole family!
- Has 2-speed functions
- All stainless steel construction
- Comes with 4 different nozzles for different sized sausages
- Food hygiene standard components
- Has 2 fill rates system: quick and easy
- Clamps to the countertop for stability
- Easy to clean
- Simple to use
- No warranty or guarantee
- Equipped with Two fill rates system , easy to use and quick.
- 2-Speed used more quick and smoothly.
- All parts that contact food directly are reach up SGS food hygiene standard.
- 4 different diameter S/S nozzle ⅔" inch(16 mm), ⅝" inch(22 mm), 1-¼" inch(32 mm) and 1-½"inch(38 mm).
- All Stainless Stell Sausage Stuffer (All Stainless Steel Base Plate, Cylinder, Stuffing Tubes & Canister. Piston includes an air release).
2. Best Value Sausage Stuffer: Master Feng Sausage Stuffer Horizontal
For an easy, and simple to use horizontal sausage stuffer try out our best value one! This sausage stuffer holds 2lbs of meat but can be purchased in 5lbs capacities for your convenience.
It is the cheapest option on the market, and one of the simplest to use with an easy-to-operate design, and a silicon piston for fast sausage stuffing! With durable construction, this sausage stuffer can be utilized again and again, and even comes with 4 extra filling nozzles to make multiple-sized sausages. For a simple sausage stuffer perfect for first-timers, this is the one!
- Comes with 4 filling nozzles
- Can be purchased in various capacities and sizes
- Easy to use and quick
- Easy to store
- Made of sturdy aluminum for durability
- Have to hand crank it
- HORIZONTAL DESIGN - The sausage maker made with silicone piston to ensure that no air is trapped within your sausage casings , adpot suction cup base to ensure a firm and secure grip to your kitchen table. Perfect for high-platform operation and for home and commercial use.
- DURABLE&EASY USE - This sausage stuffing can be managed easily by one person and takes very little time to finish. Can be used for many years, it's save space and free noise, would not disturb others.
- 4 FILLING NOZZLES - Sausage stuffers machine with 4 different diameters sausage stuffing tubes 14mm, 18mm, 21mm and 25mm will allow you to make quite a variety of sausage and make fresh sausages easily at home.
- 2 LBS CAPACITY&PACKAGE - Sausage maker machine includes sausage meat stuffer maker and 4 sizes of stuffing nozzles. It is perfect for making sausages, hot dogs, bratwurst, hot links and many more.
- HOMEMADE FUN - Now you can select the length and diameter of your sausages like a food-wish come true, just add this kitchen tool sausage stuffer to your kitchen gadget collection. It is durability and efficiency. If there with any issues with purchase please be free to contact us via Amazon.
3. Best Premium Sausage Stuffer: LEM Vertical Sausage Stuffer
If you want a high-quality, impressive vertical sausage stuffer, then look no further than the LEM manual sausage stuffer. This stuffer has a 5lb capacity and has a gearbox made from hardened steel for a long-lasting and durable design.
In addition, it comes with 2 clamps to secure the unit, and 3 extra stuffing tubes for more versatility in your sausage making. With a stainless steel base and cylinder, this sausage stuffer is sure to last and is easy to remove and clean for the highest hygiene levels.
- Comes in a variety of options- manual and motorized
- The cylinder holds 5 lbs of meat
- Easily removed cylinder for filling and cleaning
- Stainless steel base and cylinder
- Hardened steel gears for durability and efficiency
- Comes with 3 extra stuffing tubes
- 2-year warranty included
- Clamps to the countertop for stability
- Most expensive and costly
- Large and hard to store
- Cylinder holds 5 Pounds of meat; Cylinder removes easily to fill and clean
- Hardened steel gears with a protective gear box; Stainless steel base and cylinder
- Includes (Two) clamps to secure unit to counter top
- Approximate Dimensions: 15" (H) x 9 ¼" (W) x 6" (Deep); Cylinder Dimensions: 8 ¼" (H) x 5 ½" (Diameter)
4. Best For Attachment Sausage Stuffer: KitchenAid Metal Food Grinder & Sausage Stuffer
If you have a KitchenAid mixer already, and you want to try your hand at sausage making, then simply purchase a grinder attachment!
This one comes with 2 different funnel sizes to make various sausages and is easily disassembled for cleaning and maintenance. For simplicity and ease, you cannot go wrong with this sausage stuffer from KENOME.
- Attachment for KitchenAid mixer
- Comes with 2 stuffing sizes
- All-metal design for durability
- Can be used for other purposes
- Can be disassembled for easy cleaning
- Must have KitchenAid mixer for this attachment
Frequently Asked Questions
A sausage stuffer is a handy gadget and small kitchen appliance that can stuff sausage meat into casings in order to make homemade sausages. These sausage stuffers can be standalone tools or attachments for your kitchen stand mixer.
All you need to do is mix up your own sausage meat, add your favorite flavorings and herbs and press the meat into the machine. Then, it will go through a funnel and be pressed into the casing to form the sausage shape, ready for home freezing or cooking.
The answer to this depends on the sausages that you want to make. If you want to make a few different types of sausages at once, then you will most likely need a sausage stuffer with a 5lb capacity.
However, if you just want to make lots of a single type of sausage, then you will be better off with a large volume stuffer, so make as many as possible with one use.
A sausage stuffer makes homemade sausages a breeze. All you need to do is grab a big bowl, and put about 5lbs of ground meat into it.
Then, add your chosen spices, herbs, and flavorings. Mix the meat with the spices with a large wooden spoon, and then put your ground meat into the sausage stuffer.
Next, put the sausage casings over the nozzle of the sausage stuffer, and thread them on. With the handle, turn the sausage stuffer until it grinds out the meat, and fills the sausage casing. Then, twirl your sausages as they are filled by the stuffer, and leave a little casing at the end to tear off and tie.
Finally, grab your sausages and pinch each end, spinning the link so that the casing is tight and will not unravel.