Have you ever tried to upturn a freshly-baked cake onto a plate, only for it to crumble into pieces before your eyes?
Many of us have experienced this frustrating and disappointing baking setback. The good news, however, is that it never has to happen again!
With regular baking pans, the only way to get your bake out of the pan in one piece is to run a knife around the edges, turn the pan over, and hope for the best. Properly greasing the pan can help to prevent sticking, but even this does not guarantee success.
Plus, there are some bakes (cheesecakes, for example) that are simply too fragile to withstand the upturning process.
With a springform pan, you don’t have to worry about any of the above. Just unclip the side(s) of the pan and lift upwards, revealing an undisturbed and intact bake!
Today, we have 5 of the best springform pans on the market to share with you from reputable manufacturers, including Hiware, Anolon, Meleg Otthon, Wilton, and Boxiki Kitchen.
Before we get started on the product reviews, you should be aware of the most important criteria to bear in mind when searching for a high-quality springform pan.
These are the criteria we used to choose our top 5 springform pans, and they may also help you to decide which pan will work best for your baking endeavors.
The material of your springform pan is a significant factor in terms of determining how durable the pan is likely to be as well as how much it might enhance your baking.
Most springform pans are made from either steel or aluminum, both of which are durable materials that can be cleaned relatively easily and may even contribute to the quality of your bake!
Aluminum pans will be more lightweight, so they may feel more ergonomic to work with. Aluminum is a highly conductive material, which means that your pan will heat up very quickly when placed in the oven.
The downside to aluminum’s excellent heat retention is that it will continue to hold heat for longer after the source of heat is removed. This means that your cake or pizza could actually overcook itself even after you’ve removed it from the oven. Therefore, with an aluminum pan, you need to be prepared to remove the bake from the pan as soon as possible.
Steel springform pans are often the preferred choice since they are more likely to have a non-stick coating and also tend to be more durable than aluminum, on balance. With that being said, steel pans will take longer to conduct heat, and they’re also likely to feel heavier.
Shape and Size
Springform pans come in lots of different shapes and sizes!
The first decision you’ll be faced with is whether to buy a round, square, or rectangular pan. This part is entirely up to you since your choice will be based on what shape you usually prefer for baking.
Size is another factor to take into consideration. Your average round springform pan will usually measure between 9 and 10 inches in diameter and between 2 and 3 inches in height.
Square and rectangular pans are often constructed according to similar measurements. With rectangular pans, you’ll often find that the longest side is between 12 and 15 inches long.
If you’re still worried about your bakes sticking to the bottom of your new springform pan even with the help of a non-stick coating (or if you are on a budget that does not allow for coated pans), a textured inner surface could be what you need.
Waffling is the most common type of texture added to the bases of springform pans. This type of texture allows for air and moisture to circulate around the bottom of the pan, minimizing the risk of sticking.
We recommend investing in a textured pan if you can’t afford to buy a non-stick coated model or if you just want to make doubly sure that sticking won’t be an issue.
The collar (sides) of your springform pan will be held in place by a buckle-style closure. Actually, this type of closure is usually what is referred to as a spring-lock closure.
You’ll need this closure to be robust in order to ensure that your pan stays firmly held together throughout the baking process. However, tough closures can often make a pan less ergonomic.
A rubberized or silicone tab on your spring-lock closure can be really helpful because it allows you to grip onto the tab properly so that you can effectively pull it in whatever direction is required.
In order to prevent your springform pan from leaking, it’s a good idea to prioritize models with leak-proof seals.
Springform pans are notorious for leaking due to small gaps between the collar and the base. However, a leak-proof seal can prevent the mess and waste that comes with this issue.
Most springform pans don’t come with handles attached. However, if you want to minimize your risk of burning yourself or losing your grip on the pan at a crucial moment, handles are important.
If you want a springform pan with built-in handles, you’ll probably need to opt for a premium model with a higher price tag. It’s definitely worth it for the added peace of mind and physical assistance, though.
Best Springform Pan
1. Best Overall: Hiware 10 Inch Non-stick Springform Pan
The Hiware 10-Inch Non-Stick Springform Pan is one of the most highly reviewed springform pans available through online retailers.
Hiware has been in business for 20 years and manufactures kitchenware and cleaning supplies, all of excellent quality and for affordable prices!
This is a 10-inch pan, which is a great size for all kinds of baking, from regular cakes to cheesecakes.
If you look at the bottom of the inside of the pan, you will notice that the surface is bumpy and textured. This texturing is designed to make it easier to release your bake from the base of the pan with minimal sticking.
In addition to the textured inner surface, the Hiware Springform Pan has a dual-layer non-stick coating to make the transition from pan to plate as seamless as possible.
This pan is heat-resistant up to 450°F, so it’s suitable for all baking purposes since the average cake bakes at 350°F.
You’ll also notice the easy release buckle on the side of the pan, which you will need to unclasp before you can detach the sides of the pan from the base. The large, slightly curved lever of the buckle makes it easy to access and lift for an ergonomic and relatively effortless experience.
The main drawback to using this pan is that the manufacturer does not recommend putting it in the dishwasher, so you will need to clean it by hand to extend its longevity. However, thanks to the pan’s non-stick features, cleaning by hand is an easy process.
- 10-inch diameter - Optimal size
- Double non-stick coating - Easy to clean
- Textured pan bottom - Easier release
- 450°F heat resistance - Suitable for all bakes
- Easy release buckle - Ergonomic
- Not dishwasher safe - Handwash only
- PREMIUM 10" SPRINGFORM PAN is just what you need for easy, expert baking. Here at Hiware we've been making cookware for professional chefs for many years. Now we bring our non-stick springform cake pan to you. With true non-stick surface and flawless operation, this pan will make your life in the kitchen so much easier.
- PERFECT FOR MAKING ALL YOUR FAVORITES like cheesecake, mousse, quiche, coffee cake and any similar recipe where you can't turn the pan upside down to remove the cake.
- TRUE DOUBLE LAYER NON-STICK COATING makes it a breeze to remove cakes. No flowering needed. Never again damage a cake because part of it stuck to the pan. Much easier to clean this pan. Hand washing recommended. The coating is safe and healthy with no harsh chemicals or hazardous substances.
- OVEN SAFE TO 450 DEGREES Fahrenheit. The stainless Springform Buckle provides smooth, easy release. You can work faster with better results. No wonder this is the proven choice in restaurant and bakery kitchens.
- GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE ensures this will quickly become your favorite no-risk purchase. Many people are stocking up with 2 or 3 of these so they have plenty of top professional springform pans on hand. HURRY AND BUY NOW while we have this very popular kitchen accessory in plentiful supply. This makes a fine birthday gift, holiday present, or anniversary gift for the cook in your life.
2. Best Square: Anolon Advanced Nonstick Springform Baking Pan
Although our best overall choice in the springform pans category was a round pan, you may prefer to use a square pan for your baking. If you’re looking for a square springform pan, we recommend the Anolon Advanced Non-Stick Springform Baking Pan.
Anolon is a long-established brand founded in 1989, and specializing in both non-stick and hard-anodized kitchenware and cookware.
This springform pan is made from heavy gauge steel, so it’s highly durable and resistant to the warping that metal pans are often prone to at high temperatures.
Inside the pan, Anolon has applied a non-stick coating which, in conjunction with the springform design of the pan, makes separating your bake from the pan a very easy process. It also helps with cleaning as any food remnants will be easy to wipe away with soap and water.
On the buckle that holds the collar of the pan together, you’ll see a rubberized area covering the lever. This rubberization is one of the pan’s most ergonomic features because it enables a secure and non-slip grip while manipulating the lever. This makes it easier to release the collar and put it back in place as needed.
The Anolon Springform Pan also has a medium tone coloring which has been shown to actively help with the browning process during baking. Therefore, not only will this pan make it easier to transfer your bakes from pan to plate, but it will also help improve the quality of your baking!
One word of caution: there have been a few reports of leakage from customers after buying this pan. Most buyers do not experience this, which indicates that the leakage is a result of quality control lapses as opposed to a problem with the design of the pan itself.
Nonetheless, it’s a good idea to keep the customer support contact details for Anolon on hand in case this problem occurs.
- Heavy gauge steel - Warp-resistant and durable
- Rubberized collar grip - Ergonomic use
- Non-stick interior coating - Easy lifting and cleaning
- Medium tone - Good for browning
- Few reports of leakage - Some lapses in quality control
- 9-Inch square spring form dessert pan
- The square spring form pan provides durable, Professionally-inspired performance with a unique bakeware shape
- Heavy gauge steel construction resists warping and promotes efficient, beautiful baking; nonstick interiors ensure exceptional food release and easy cleanup
- The soft, rubberized grip on the spring form collar allows easy assembly and efficient food release afterward
3. Best Rectangular: Meleg Otthon Springform Pan
Rectangular springform pans are another great option when you want to bake a cake that isn’t round. This one from Meleg Otthon is one of the best on the market.
Meleg Otthon specializes in both homeware (specifically for cleaning purposes) and kitchenware. The name of the brand translates to ‘Warm Home’ in English, which is exactly how your home will feel when you bake with the Meleg Otthon Springform Pan.
This springform pan is made from carbon steel, which is both highly durable and conducts heat evenly across the surface of the pan. This results in bakes that are more thoroughly and evenly cooked.
The dimensions of this pan come to 14 x 3 x 9.3 inches, which is perfect for larger cakes.
You can use this springform pan in ovens at temperatures up to 451°F, so the vast majority of cooking and baking tasks remain on the table thanks to the Meleg Otthon springform pan’s heat resistance.
We particularly appreciate the leak-proof seal around the edges of the collar and base of the pan, which helps to prevent the minor leaks that can sometimes happen with pans of this type.
Plus, a non-stick coating has been applied to the inside of the pan, so none of your bake will get stuck to the sides or base during the lifting process.
We should mention, however, that the inside coating of the pan scratches relatively easily, so you should not attempt to use knives, forks, or other metal instruments on the inside of the pan.
- Carbon steel - Durable and heats evenly
- 14 x 3 x 9.3 inches - Suited to large bakes
- Heat-resistant to 451°F - Suitable for most oven use
- Leak-proof seal - Keeps all batter inside the pan
- Non-stick coating - Does not tear cake
- Scratches quite easily - Do not use sharp implements inside
- Springform securely holds form together offering a tight leak-proof seal.Dark finish to absorb rather than reflect heat.
- Made of carbon steel material.Fast heating and heat evenly.You can taste your cakes or bread quickly.Oven safe to 451 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Natural nonstick coating and removable bottoms enable easy food release, reduce the adsorption of grease and easy to clean.
- Perfect gifts for your families and your friends.Suitable for home and holidays,Increase your communication with families and friends.
- Removable bottom to release baked cake;extra-thick rolled edges protect your hand.Hand wash with mild detergent.
4. Best Budget: Wilton Aluminum Springform Pan
If you’re on a budget, the Wilton Aluminum Springform Pan is a perfect choice.
Wilton’s brand is centered specifically around baking supplies, from trays and pans to items for decoration. Wilton’s passion for baking is evident in the design, quality, and price accessibility of the Aluminum Springform Pan.
The size of the Wilton Aluminum Springform Pan is perfect for various baking tasks, from cheesecake to pizza. Whatever you want to try your hand at, this pan will make it an easy task.
The pan is made from heavy-gauge aluminum, which is a warp-resistant and tough material that also helps to distribute heat evenly during cooking.
As you’ll notice, the waffle texturing on the bottom of the pan is there to prevent food from sticking to the base. There is no non-stick coating on this pan, but the texture helps to minimize adhesion and does a very good job.
The spring lock buckle closure that holds the collar of the pan in place is heavy-duty. The durable construction means that the closure won’t break prematurely, but despite how strong it is, it’s not difficult to operate. Just pull on the tab, and it lifts away easily.
The only downside to this pan is the fact that you will most likely need to grease it more than pans with non-stick coatings. However, as mentioned above, the textured base does help to mitigate issues in this area.
- 9 x 3 inches - Ideal for cakes, cheesecakes, and pizza
- Heavy-gauge aluminum - Durable and resistant to warping
- Waffled texturing - Prevents sticking
- Heavy-duty spring lock - Firm but easy to use
- No non-stick coating - Grease pan thoroughly before use
- READY, SET, BAKE: The art of making cheesecake depends heavily on the pan you use. This heavy duty 9-inch Wilton springform pan is perfect for baking cheesecakes and making deep dish pizza
- DURABILITY: This Wilton springform pan's heavy gauge aluminum construction ensures even heating and long wear
- CONVENIENT: This springform pan features a waffled texture on the bottom and sides that makes food release easy
- CARE INSTRUCTIONS: For best results, wash these Wilton springform pans in warm, soapy water before first and after each use
- INCLUDES: 1 springform pan, dimensions: 9 in. diameter x 3 in. (22.8 cm diameter x 7.6 cm)
5. Best Premium: Boxiki Kitchen Non-Stick Springform Pan
A premium or professional-grade springform pan can do wonders for the quality of your baking.
Boxiki is a Vancouver-based company founded in 2015 that manufactures a combination of household, kitchen, and fitness/wellness goods. Boxiki Kitchen is the company’s kitchenware range, the products of which are designed by experts for the greatest quality and functionality.
This 10-inch pan is the ideal size for bakes of all types, so it’s highly compatible with whatever baking you might want to do on a day-to-day basis.
The pan is made of strong and impact-resistant steel, so it will stand the test of time without warping.
Inside the pan, the non-stick coating prevents sticking and tearing as you remove your bake from the surface, while the leak-proof seal massively reduces mess and wastage.
Unlike most springform pans, this model from Boxiki Kitchen comes with silicone handles that allow you to maintain a firm, ergonomic grip on the pan during transport without risking burning yourself.
The only negative point we noticed about this pan is that it does get slightly discolored. This is more likely to happen during prolonged baking times or at very high temperatures, so make sure to monitor the baking process carefully if you want to preserve your pan’s aesthetic appeal for longer.
- 10 inches - Widely compatible size
- High-quality steel - Highly durable
- Silicone handles - Ergonomic and prevents burning
- Non-stick coating - Effortless release
- Leak-proof seal - No waste or mess
- Prone to discoloration - Be vigilant of excess heat and baking times
- NONSTICK STEEL BAKING PAN – High quality non-stick steel surface releases foods easily, without mess. Best bakeware you can find; great for endless recipes, including variety of cakes and cheesecakes.
- LEAK-PROOF & EASY TO HOLD DESIGN – Wide textured red silicone easy-grip handles for easier handling in and out of the oven. Leak-proof tight seal of the springform cake pan prevents messy spills.
- CONVENIENCE FEATURES – Heavy gauge metal spreads heat evenly for perfect cooking. Safe in oven up to 420°F, refrigerator, freezer, and dishwasher, very easy to clean.
- LARGE SIZE - Springform pan dimensions 10” long x 10” wide x 2.2” deep [internal size]
- 90 DAYS WARRANTY - Shop with confidence. Your satisfaction is guaranteed or money back.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do springform pans leak?
Springform pans can leak if the design is faulty or if there are issues with quality control during manufacturing.
However, this does not mean that springform pans leak as a rule. Good quality springform pans should have measures in place to prevent leakage from the space between the collar and the base of the pan. A leak-proof seal is a common and effective method of preventing leaks from springform pans.
What can I use instead of a springform pan?
While you’re waiting for your new springform pan to arrive, we recommend lining your baking pans with foil or parchment. This way, sticking is prevented and you could even use the edges of the parchment or foil to lift your cake from the pan if you don’t feel comfortable upturning it.