If you’re a keen chef and are wanting to produce beautiful fish meals then an electric fillet knife is going to become a necessity to your kitchen utensils.
Electric fillet knives help to produce a clean and even cut through the fish and have the power to penetrate tougher skins.
More convenient than traditional fillet knives, you don’t have to strain your muscles and waste lots of time trying to fillet the fish as these powered knives do all the hard work for you.
However, it can be difficult to know which one is going to be right for you.
We’ve gathered the top five electric fillet knives on the market that you should consider followed by an exclusive Buyers Guide and FAQ so you know what to look out for when conducting your own research.
Here are the top five electric fillet knives that you should consider:
Best Electric Fillet Knife
Our top recommendation is the BUBBA Li-Ion Cordless Electric Fillet Knife which has an impressive 8.5 inch handle length and weighs just 1.11 pounds making it incredibly lightweight for ease of use.
Featuring a non-slip grip handle for outstanding grip security, this knife provides ultimate control thanks to the trigger guard which gives added security.
Made from durable materials, the dual rivet blade design has been coated in tin stainless steel and features an ergonomic trigger which makes it highly comfortable to use.
What makes this our top pick is the convenience of this knife. The blades are removable to allow for easy cleaning and can be stored in a special section of the zippered storage case that comes with it.
The handle features an LED battery life indicator which ensures that you always have a functioning knife.
This knife comes with everything you need for a great filleting experience as you receive 7” E-FLEX, 9” E-FLEX, 9” E-STIFF and 12” E-STIFF blades as well as a wall charger, 2 lithium ion batteries and a premium EVA case which makes storage and portability easy and convenient.
- Has an 8.5 inch handle length and weighs just 1.11 pounds making it incredibly lightweight for ease of use
- Features a non-slip grip handle for outstanding grip security
- Features an LED battery life indicator which ensures that you always have a functioning knife
- Can be tricky when cutting smaller fish
- Dimensions: 8.5” handle length and weighs 1.11 pounds
- Ease of use: Non-slip grip handle for outstanding grip security providing ultimate knife control with a trigger guard for added security
- Durable: Dual-rivet blade design is coated in TiN stainless steel and features an ergonomic trigger
- Convenient: Blades are removable for easy cleaning and can be stored in a special section of the zippered storage case and the handle features an LED battery life indicator to ensure you always have a functioning knife
- Includes: 7” E-FLEX, 9” E-FLEX, 9” E-STIFF and 12” E-STIFF blades, wall charger, (2) lithium ion batteries and a premium EVA case for storage and transport
Our second selection is the DALSTRONG Fillet Knife which has a 7 inch blade that has been carefully designed to ensure maximum de-boning, filleting and skinning to make the experience easier and more efficient.
With a 1.5mm spine thickness, the knife is highly flexible and ultra maneuverable which means you can penetrate through tougher skins. The blade comes with two covers with one for storing in the drawer and the other for outdoor use.
The blade is made from a razor sharp, full tang, imported high carbon German steel with a hand polish edge to ensure maximum durability and longevity.
This knife has an award winning design and boasts premium materials and a quality feel.
The luxury black G10 handle has been triple riveted with a grip that ensures optimum comfort and maneuverability. This material has then been laminated and polished for a sanitary build which is great for busier households and outdoor use.
DALSTRONG guarantees complete product satisfaction or you get your money back to give you peace of mind. Their customer service team is on hand to assist should you require technical advice.
- Has a 7 inch blade that has been carefully designed to ensure maximum de-boning, filleting and skinning to make the experience easier and more efficient
- The blade comes with two covers with one for storing in the drawer and the other for outdoor use
- Has a returns policy for extra peace of mind and customer service team who are happy to help
- Does not have a belt loop
- Outstanding craftsmanship, cutting-edge technology, stunning design elements, and premium materials. Peak performance has never looked so good at this price. A must have for any butcher or fish monger, expertly handcrafted to handle both the small and large every-day demands of the professional kitchen with precision and efficiency.
- Incredibly razor sharp, full-tang, imported high-carbon German steel with a hand polished edge at 16-18 degrees per side. The narrow blade shape and slightly flexible design allow you to glide smoothly along the contours of bones, effortlessly separating meat without tearing, while the tapered tip maneuvers around smaller bones & cartilage.
- Award winning design, with satisfying heft, premium materials and quality feel. Luxury black G10 Garolite handle is triple-riveted with a grip that ensures comfort and maneuverability. Laminated and polished for a sanitary build, perfect for busy kitchens
- Engineered to perfection at 56+ Rockwell hardness and hand polished to a satin finish. Carefully tapered for improved hardness, flexibility, and minimal slicing resistance. The extra blade length limits wrist and hand fatigue by acting as an extension of the arm, performing long, single slices, on even the largest cuts of meat, effortlessly. National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) certified.
- See why thousands of professional chefs and home cooks love and trust the DALSTRONG DIFFERENCE. 100% SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, try it risk free, we know you'll love it!
Our third choice is the Rapala Heavy Duty Electric Fillet Knife which has been made from high quality materials to ensure the longevity and reliability of the product.
The blade speed is twice as fast as the average electric fillet knife and has three times the average power so you can cut through tougher skins easily.
The 7.5 inch blade is dishwasher safe for a quick and easy clean. The comfortable and relaxed grip provides a fatigue free filleting experience while the 8 foot power cord gives plenty of reach while working around the fillet table.
This knife has been designed with a heavy duty motor so you can have more control when you are filleting challenging fish.
Easily capable of cutting through rib bones and backbones, this knife has the durability you would want from an electric fillet knife. The vibration is dampened thanks to the custom advanced air flow body design which also keeps the motor running cool and smooth.
- The blade speed is twice as fast as the average electric fillet knife and has three times the average power so you can cut through tougher skins easily
- The 7.5 inch blade is dishwasher safe for a quick and easy clean
- The vibration is dampened thanks to the custom advanced air flow body design which also keeps the motor running cool and smooth
- Can take a while to get used to the cord
- Double the speed
- Three times the power
- Relaxed grip body
- Heavy Duty Motor
- 7 ½" dishwasher safe reciprocating blades
Our penultimate recommendation is the American Angler PRO Professional Grade Electric Fillet Knife which boasts 2X more torque than the average electric fillet knife so you can cut through bigger bones with ease.
Includes superior drive train components and premium materials, this knife is extremely durable and reliable for long term use.
This knife features an advanced airflow design which keeps the PRO Series ergonomic handset cool for hours of continuous filleting.
This electric fillet knife comes with a 2 year Limited Lifetime Warranty so you can purchase it with peace of mind that you are getting a high quality product.
The EFK PRO Series handset is compatible with all variations of American Angler Replacement which includes the 8 inch curved replacement blade as well as the 8 inch curved replacement shark blade so you can cater your filleting to your own preference for extra convenience.
- Boasts 2X more torque than the average electric fillet knife so you can cut through bigger bones with ease
- Features an advanced airflow design which keeps the PRO Series ergonomic handset cool for hours of continuous filleting
- Comes with a 2 year limited lifetime warranty so you can purchase it with peace of mind
- High price point
- Fillet with Ease: The PRO Series motor boasts 2X more torque than any other "Heavy-Duty" EFK so big bones never slow you down.
- Fillet Season After Season: Superior Drive Train components and design gives the PRO Series 4X the lifespan of any other "Heavy-Duty" EFK
- Fillet Comfortably: Advanced airflow design keeps the PRO Series ergonomic handset cool for hours of continuous filleting.
- Fillet like a PRO: Commercial Fisherman and Guide Services choose the American Angler PRO Series more than any other EFK. Backed by a 2-Year Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Fillet to Perfection:The EFK PRO series handset is compatible with all variations of American Angler Replacement including the 8-Inch Curved Replacement Blade (31018DS) and the 8-Inch Curved Replacement Shark Blade (31018DS).
Our final selection is the Berkley Electric Fillet Fishing Knife which is the best option for those on a stricter budget. This knife features a long 8 inch blade that is made from stainless which is extremely durable thanks to its corrosion resistant nature.
The grip on the knife is made from sturdy materials with an ergonomic design which means you are less likely to have hand fatigue if you are using it for bigger fish or longer periods of time.
The 1.96 pound weight makes this knife lightweight and easy to use in any environment with ease.
This electric fillet knife features a serrated blade which makes the filleting process both fast and effortless. It also features a side blade release and trigger lock which makes the cleaning process convenient and easy.
The perfect choice for those who have never used an electric fillet knife before and are unsure whether it is a good addition to them, this knife is capable of carrying out a great job by producing clean and even cuts.
- Features a long 8 inch blade that is made from stainless which is extremely durable thanks to its corrosion resistant nature
- The 1.96 pound weight makes this knife lightweight and easy to use in any environment with ease
- Features a side blade release and trigger lock which makes the cleaning process convenient and easy
- Doesn’t last as long as other knives
- 8 in stainless steel blades resist corrosion
- Serrated blade makes filleting fish fast and effortless
- Side blade release and trigger lock
Best Electric Fillet Knife Buyer’s Guide
When deciding which electric fillet knife is right for you, there are a variety of factors that you need to consider before making that final decision. This will help to prevent any disappointment when you receive the product.
Regardless of your own criteria, always think about the size of the knife, the materials that it is made from, any warranty or returns policies and your budget.
Once you’ve weighed this against your own requirements, you’ll be in a position where you can make a fully informed decision with confidence.
The size of the knife is the most important factor as this will determine how well it will be able to cut through the fish. If you are planning to slice bigger fish then you’ll need a longer knife and a shorter length for smaller fish.
If the blade is too short then it isn’t going to give the even cut that you want and a knife that is too long may not give you the control needed for smaller fish.
Therefore, always bear in mind what kind of fish you plan on cutting and choose your knife accordingly.
The next factor you need to consider are the materials used to make the knife. A blade made from stainless steel is probably the best bet as it is reliable and durable and can withstand a huge amount of resistance while it penetrates tougher skins.
Having handles that allow for extra grip will also mean that you have a firm control over the knife at all times.
Researching whether the knife comes with any warranty periods or returns policies will ensure that you have extra peace of mind with your purchase. Should you face any issues with the performance, the customer service teams will be available to assist you so you can get the most out of your knife.
Lastly, always consider your budget. Electric fillet knives are more costly than traditional knives because of their additional features; however, as you can see from the recommendations in this article, there are plenty of high quality options available at all price points to suit all budgets.
Frequently Asked Questions
Electric fillet knives are worth it if you plan to gut a lot of fish. They are more costly than regular fillet knives and can be complicated to use at first but they produce more consistent results and will slice through the fish faster.
The size of the fish fillet knife is important as this will determine whether you are able to do a clean and even job.
The general rule of thumb is that the knife should be around 2 inches longer than the fish you are cutting. This means that there will be plenty of room for the knife to slice through.