Have you ever struggled to open a bottle of wine with a manual wine opener? Having a glass of wine shouldn’t take so much effort when the aim of the evening is to sit back and relax.
The solution of course is to get yourself an electric wine opener. And luckily these are very easy to get hold of and are often available at a very fair price.
We’ve got some great little wine openers to review very shortly. They come from some great brands too, including the likes of Cork Genius, Wine Enthusiasts, and one we all know, Hamilton Beach.
But before we get to the reviews, we’re going to kick things off with a quick comparison table before laying out the key criteria to look for in an electric wine opener.
And after our in-depth reviews, we’re going to finish off with a section where we tackle some of your most frequently asked questions on the subject.
And without further ado…
Key Criteria For Assessment And Comparison
A bottle of wine or two is part and parcel of setting the tone for a beautiful evening, and this goes for the electric wine opener too.
Besides, a manual wine opener looks more like a torture device in comparison to an elegant electric wine opener.
An electric wine opener is something of a luxury item and is the sort of thing that most people wouldn’t think to buy for themselves.
This means that few people already have them, which in turn makes it a great item to gift for someone. It would make an excellent housewarming party gift or a celebratory gift that you can all enjoy together.
Ergonomic & Easy To Use
The main reason for choosing an electric wine bottle opener over a regular corkscrew wine bottle opener is that it’s much easier to use.
With most electric wine openers, all you have to do is press a button, and the cork is swiftly released from the bottle.
Is it rechargeable?
Electric wine openers are battery-operated rather than corded, and this is far more convenient than if they were corded.
But, being battery operated means that one charge won’t last forever, so if you intend to use the wine opener on more than one occasion, you need to be able to charge it up again ready for next time.
Does it come with a foil cutter?
An electric wine opener doesn’t come as a complete kit if it doesn’t come with a foil cutter to remove the foil from the cork before you use the wine opener itself.
Sure, you may be able to remove the foil by hand, but the whole idea of an electric wine opener is to make the process easy and effortless.
Best Electric Wine Opener
How It Stands Up Against the Comparison Criteria
- Aesthetically Pleasing - This wine opening gift set is made up of 4 parts, all of which look particularly sleek and modern.
- Giftable - What makes this such a giftable set is that it is an entire wine opening set, rather than just an electric wine opener alone, and it comes all together in a smart, no fuss box. Perfect for wine enthusiasts.
- Ergonomic & Easy To Use - Although this is a mechanical wine opener rather than an electrical one per se, it is incredibly easy to use. With just a push, pump and pop, you can open your wine and enjoy.
- Rechargeable - One of the things we love about this wine opener is that it doesn’t need any batteries. Nor does it need recharging for that matter. That is because it’s not technically an electric wine opener, but it actually opens your wine bottles by way of an air pump.
- Foil cutter included - Not only is there a platinum foil cutter included in the box, but you also get other accessories besides. There’s also an instant aerator included to pour your wine, along with a vacuum wine sealer to keep your wine fresh.
With a name like Cork Genius, you know that it’s a company all about bottle corks, and not just some generic kitchen appliances brand…
Cork Genius represents the coming together of wine connoisseurs, cocktail geeks, and beer lovers. And the concepts for their product innovation are driven by this passion.
It’s made up of a particularly knowledgeable and experienced team, based in Los Angeles, California, USA.
They may be relative newcomers to the electric wine opening scene, but it is their biggest focus, and this electric wine opener is their star product.
Why is this the best overall electric wine opener?
The stand-out feature of this wine opener, besides the great accessories, is how you don’t need any batteries for it, and it never needs recharging.
That way you don’t have to panic about whether it’s charged as you're getting ready for a party. And it’s honestly just as easy to use and effortless as an electric one.
And, unlike a regular corkscrew wine opener, you don’t get any bits of cork making their way into wine.
But, of course, we have to talk about accessories. The accompanying foil cutter is one of the best around, made of platinum and ergonomically designed for comfort.
Then there’s the instant aerator that attaches to your open bottle to aerate your wine as it’s poured into the glass.
And, to keep any remaining wine fresh, you don’t just get a regular wine bottle stopper, but a vacuum wine sealer, which is designed to keep your wine perfectly fresh for over two weeks. And your wine can still be stored horizontally in your wine rack too.
Experience of Using the Product
After well over 1,000 individual customer reviews on Amazon, the average customer rating still comes out at a very impressive 4 and a half stars out of a possible 5 stars. And this is because more than 70% of customers rated it at a full 5 star out of 5.
Customers rated it fairly highly for ease of use and being giftable, although some customers felt that it wasn’t as good value for money as it could have been.
Customers typically say that it works well. The most popular accessory with the customers is the instant aerator. And if any issues go through to the customer care team they are dealt with very promptly and well.
- It’s available at a great price
- No batteries or charging required
- Comes with fantastic accessories
- Mechanical rather than electrical
- QUICKLY AND EASILY OPEN YOUR FAVORITE WINES - Skip the twisting, pulling, broken corks, and hassle of normal wine openers. With the Cork Genius air-pump wine opener, you can quickly, easily, and safely remove wine corks with a simple push, pump, and pop. You'll never use another corkscrew again.
- AERATE YOUR WINE WHILE POURING - With our convenient bottle-top aerator, you'll elevate the taste and aroma of every glass by aerating your wine as you pour. No need to use a bulky or electric wine aerator - just add the bottle-top aerator to your wine bottle and instantly enjoy a unique and enhanced wine-drinking experience with every pour.
- HASSLE-FREE WINE BOTTLE CUTTER - Now you can conveniently remove the foil covering from any bottle of wine and bring the restaurant experience to your very own home. Using our platinum wine foil cutter, you can easily remove the foil wine covering from any of your favorite wine bottles and easily access the wine cork for easy opening.
- SAVE ANY WINE BOTTLE FOR ENJOYING LATER - Using our easy-vacuum wine bottle stopper, you'll prevent unnecessary wine spoilage and keep your leftover wine protected and preserved for weeks. Our wine preserver quickly pumps out air from the bottle to ensures a tight seal, giving you lasting preservation for all of your favorite wines.
2. Best High-end Electric Wine Opener: Wine Enthusiast Electric Blue Pro All-In-One Automatic Wine Opener, Preserver & Electric Aerator
How It Stands Up Against the Comparison Criteria
- Aesthetically Pleasing - This wine opening kit from Wine Enthusiast couldn’t look any more modern. It’s predominantly electric blue and very shiny, like something out of a modern sci-fi film. It makes an excellent futuristic centerpiece.
- Giftable - It would make quite an excellent gift, but at this price range, you’ll probably only want to give it to people you’re particularly close to.
- Ergonomic & Easy To Use - The pieces are all nicely sized to grip, and both the wine opening, preserving, and aerating can be carried out with a simple press of a button.
- Rechargeable - There will be a blinking blue light to let you know it’s charging.
- Foil cutter included - We can confirm that a foil cut is one of the accessories that comes with the kit. But there are more, which we’ll be talking about very shortly.
The story of Wine Enthusiast Companies starts in 1979, with husband and wife team Adam and Sybil Strum in the suburbs of New York City.
As their name suggests, Adam and Sybil are wine enthusiasts. But they found that the best wine accessories around were only available commercially, and they wanted to bring them to the general public. So they started a little catalog from the attic of their home.
But today the business has grown into a destination for all things wine that’s recognized all around the world.
The business is now run by the couple’s daughters, who are just as passionate about wine products as their parents before them, and the company continues to grow from strength to strength.
The company sells to wholesalers, retailers, and direct to consumers, and often houses exclusive products that can’t be found anywhere else. And together with the Wine Enthusiast Magazine, the Wine Enthusiast Companies exemplify an entire way of life.
Why is this the best high-end electric wine opener?
This amazing 6 piece set allows you to serve and preserve wine like a professional in the convenience of your own home. It does so much more than merely allow you to open your wine bottles with ease.
The set comes with a special charging stand, on which you can set the electric wine opener and the other accessories.
These accessories include an electric wine aerator that you place inside your wine glass to open up the wine and allow all those complex aromas and flavors to come out of the wine.
The other accessories include two vacuum stoppers that you can date stamp. And the purpose of this is that when you have had all the glasses that you want from the bottle, you can then preserve any remaining wine with the date of opening stamped on it.
You simply turn the electric wine opener upside down, press the button, and it functions as a preserver, sucking out the air from the wine bottle.
And it won’t take up too much space on your kitchen countertop.
Experience of Using the Product
We admit some of the customer reviews on the net have been rather mixed. For example, when this article was written, over 70% of customers on Amazon gave it a full 5 stars out of 5, but on the other hand, over 10% of customers gave it just one star out of 5.
Customers rated it at 4 and a half stars and above for a number of features, including giftable, battery life, and easy to use.
In truth, this sort of gift will only be seen as good value for money if the recipient is a true wine connoisseur who will really appreciate the effect of aeration on their various wines.
- Smart futuristic aesthetic
- Also aerates your wine for you
- Perfectly preserves leftover wine
- Invented by true wine connoisseurs
- Premium product at a premium price
- Some would argue that it’s not good value for money
- SIX PIECE WINE CONNOISSEUR SET - Includes automatic wine opener and preserver, electric aerator, foil cutter, 2 vacuum stoppers and charging base.
- EASY ONE-TOUCH SOLUTION - Automatically opens and aerates wine with just a touch, then seals, dates and preserves the vintage naturally.
- A BAR OR COUNTERTOP CENTERPIECE - Glowing a futuristic cobalt blue, this intuitive new model frees you to serve like a wine professional at home.
- OPENS ALL WINE BOTTLES - Works with both conventional and synthetic corks.
- DIMENSIONS: 13"H
3. Best Budget Electric Wine Opener: Hamilton Beach 76610 Cordless Electric Wine Bottle Opener
How It Stands Up Against the Comparison Criteria
- Aesthetically Pleasing - This electric wine bottle looks very sleek and modern, and both the wine opener, the charger and the foil cutter are all matching being all in black. And when not in use, the foil cutter can be stored within the body of the charger.
- Giftable - Sure, it’s a giftable item. It looks and works great, and the recipient doesn’t need to know that we consider it a budget buy.
- Ergonomic & Easy To Use - This bottle opener has a comfortable non-slip grip, and really couldn’t be easier to use. All you have to do is place the wine opener on the bottle, press the button, and it will automatically uncork your wine bottle for you.
- Rechargeable - The wine opener comes with a charging base, and you can keep it there until needed. There’s a green light that comes on to let you know when it’s fully charged. And one full charge is enough to open up to 30 wine bottles, which is more than what you’d need for most parties.
- Foil cutter included - There’s a working foil cutter included in the box, and it’s all black to match with the wine opener and can be stored within the body of the charger.
The Hamilton Beach brand has been around since as far back as 1910, thanks to the coming together of one LH Hamilton and Chester Beach, who were working together for a commercial electrical devices company.
They decided regular consumers could use electrical appliances too.
Much later in the year 1990, they partnered up with Proctor-Silex to become the largest U.S. manufacturer of small kitchen appliances.
Then 5 short years later they broke internationally. And their innovative and award-winning products were soon being sold in the likes of Brazil, India, and China.
They now have a very extensive portfolio of electrical kitchen products designed to solve all manner of customer needs.
Plus, they now also have a strong social media presence, including a handy blog where they share recipes that can be made with their products.
Why is this the best budget electric wine opener?
Hamilton Beach is a very strong and robust brand in the field of small kitchen appliances. And as such, they are able to set competitive prices for their products. And this includes their electric wine openers.
But, we’re going to level with you here. The Hamilton Beach electric wine opener is not the cheapest on the market. You can get ones that cost as little as $13.99.
But we would argue that even if you intend to buy a cheap model, you should buy from a good, reputable brand. And this is why we chose the Hamilton Beach line for our budget pick.
Experience of Using the Product
After well over 1,000 individual customer ratings on Amazon, the average customer rating comes out at an impressive 4 and a half stars out of a possible 5 stars. And this is because approximately 70% of customers rate it at a full 5 stars out of 5.
Customers rated it at 4 and a half stars out of 5 for battery life, and they rated it at 4 stars for a number of different features. These include easy to use, giftable, value for money, and durability.
Most customer reviews typically say that the wine opener is very easy to use and works great.
- Bargain, affordable price point
- Aesthetically pleasing & giftable
- From a well-established brand
- Plenty of battery life
- Comes with a foil cutter
- Couldn’t be easier to use
- Doesn’t come with many handy accessories such as an instant wine aerator, or a wine bottle stopper
- REMOVE CORKS WITH THE TOUCH OF A BUTTON: Just place the wine opener on the bottle and press the simple up/down button to automatically uncork bottles
- CORDLESS AND PORTABLE: Lets you easily open wine bottles anywhere both indoors and out
- FOIL CUTTER INCLUDED: Quickly removes foil and can be stored on the charging base
- RECHARGEABLE: Rest the wine opener on the charging base when not in use Opens up to 30 bottles with a full charge
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Automatic wine opener features a comfortable, non-slip grip
Wine Opener Bestsellers
Frequently Asked Questions
We would argue that the best overall electric wine opener is the Cork Genius Wine Opener Set…
Unlike a regular electric wine opener, it doesn’t require any batteries or recharging, and it comes with some great accessories including a platinum foil remover, an instant aerator for pouring your wine, and a vacuum wine sealer to keep your wine fresh for over two weeks, while still allowing it to be stored horizontally.
Now, if there’s anything that varies in price, it has to be electric wine openers. WE’ve seen some being sold for under $15, and others being sold for over $200. So our advice is to be sure to check prices as you go along.