If you struggle with the consistency of your cake mixes when baking then a flour sifter can be the answer to your problems.
The design of the flour sifter helps to mix and blend various flours in with other ingredients to create a perfect consistency without the added mess or stress that regular utensils can cause.
Helping to make the experience easier, safer, and more convenient, will help you to start enjoying your baking and cooking much more.
However, with so many options available on the market, it can be tricky to know where to start when doing your research. We’ve gathered the top five flour sifters on the market followed by an exclusive Buyers Guide and FAQ which provides you with everything you need to know when conducting your own research.
Here are the top five flour sifters on the market that you should consider:
Best Flour Sifter
Our top recommendation is the Norpro 3-Cup Stainless Steel Rotary Hand Crank Flour Sifter With 2 Wire Agitator which features a high-quality stainless steel construction that is both corrosion and rust-resistant increasing durability and longevity of the product.
With a capacity of 24 ounces, this is perfect for those who want a larger flour sifter. This old fashion, classic hand crank sifter boasts a simple design that functions extremely well even after years of heavy-duty use.
The included two-wire agitator means that there is no wasted flour and reduces the amount of mess on the countertop.
With volume markers on the inside and outside of the sifter, you will be able to clearly see how much content is inside at all times to prevent any confusion.
What makes this our top pick is how easy it is to use. Simply add the ingredients and turn the crank which then results in a light, even, and fine powder making it essential for those who like to bake cakes with a light texture.
This flour sifter is easy to clean and maintain by hand washing with warm water and soap after every use to keep it performing in the best condition.
- Features a high quality stainless steel construction which is both corrosion and rust resistant increasing the durability and longevity of the product
- Boasts a simple design that functions extremely well even after years of heavy duty use
- Simply add the ingredients and turn the crank which then results in a light, even and fine powder making it an essential for those who like to bake cakes with a light texture
- Quite large and heavy in weight
- Quality stainless steel construction. Capacity: 3C/24oz
- Old fashioned, classic hand crank sifter. A simple design that functions beautifully! This is the kind of sifter your Grandma used!
- Includes a 2 wire agitator. No wasted flour!
- Volume markings on the inside and outside of the sifter!
- Easy to use! Add ingredients, turn the crank, and the result is a light, even, fine powder. Essential for cakes with a very light, delicate texture, like angel food cake and sponge cake. Also perfect for flouring your work surface or giving food a light dusting of powdered sugar!
Our second selection is the Bellemain Stainless Steel 3 Cup Flour Sifter which is a strong and lightweight sifter that can hold three full cups.
Designed with home use in mind, this flour sifter features volume markers on both the inside and outside of the structure so you will always be able to know how much is in there at all times.
The classic and reliable hand crank and single mesh make this highly durable and easy to use. The mesh panels help to prevent any ingredients from getting stuck and provide a light, fine powder that is perfect for baking cakes.
The double loop agitator leaves nothing behind to ensure that your ingredients are mixed as much as possible to create consistency no matter what kind of flour you are working with.
This flour sifter is perfect for all bakers of all ages thanks to the simple design that makes it safe to use. Ideal for those who suffer from conditions such as arthritis, the hand crank operates smoothly and effortlessly so you won’t feel any fatigue in your arms or hands.
Made from high-quality materials, this flour sifter is constructed from rust-resistant stainless steel which is lightweight and strong meaning that you will easily get many years of heavy-duty use from this product.
- Features volume markers on both the inside and outside of the structure so you will always be able to know how much is in there at all times
- The mesh panels help to prevent any ingredients from getting stuck and provide a light, fine powder that is perfect for baking cakes
- Made from high quality materials, this flour sifter is constructed from rust resistant stainless steel which is lightweight and strong
- Mixing hoop is quite flimsy
- STRONG AND LIGHTWEIGHT SIFTER HOLDS A FULL 3 CUPS: Home baking just got easier. This sifter holds more flour or powdered sugar than most sifters made for home use. Measurements are stamped right into the metal and can easily be read from inside the sifter as well as outside.
- CLASSIC RELIABLE HAND CRANK AND SINGLE MESH: Professionals prefer crank-style sifters over hand squeeze sifter models because they can stand up to repeated use without tiring out your hand. Sifting is effortless and clean up is super simple - no multi-layers of mesh for ingredients to get stuck.
- THE DOUBLE LOOP AGITATOR LEAVES NOTHING BEHIND: Lumps of flour and sugar can get left behind to clog the mesh screens when using squeeze handle models, but the Bellemain Flour Sifter cranks smoothly, capturing everything. Works great with fine and coarse flours like almond meal and oat bran.
- EASY FOR BAKERS WITH ARTHRITIS TO USE: Squeeze handles are hard to work and require hand strength - which means they can wear you out quickly. But the Bellemain Sifter’s hand crank operates smoothly and effortlessly - lightweight flours and sugars practically sift themselves.
- RUST RESISTANT STAINLESS STEEL WILL EASILY LAST A GENERATION OR MORE: Stainless steel is lightweight, but stronger than aluminum or plastic - so you never need to worry about cracks, chips, dents and scratches. This is the sifter that you'll still be using in 20 years
Our third choice is Mrs. Anderson’s Baking Hand Squeeze Flour Sifter which is ideal for breaking up clumps and assists with aerating flour, icing sugar, and other ingredients that require sifting.
Made from stainless steel, this flour sifter has a spring action squeeze handle and is both sturdy and durable in construction. The stainless steel material means that this sifter is resistant to rust and corrosion which is ideal for long-term use.
Creating a fine powder, this is the perfect product for those who want to bake cakes with a light and fluffy texture as it produces a mix that has consistency throughout resulting in a better taste.
This sifter is easy to use making it great for those who are unfamiliar and intimidated by the product. Unsuitable for the dishwasher, simply hand wash in warm and soapy water before drying thoroughly. This will ensure that the sifter performs at its best for years to come and prevents any potential damage.
The spring action squeeze handle rakes the ingredients over the mesh screen to process the ingredients quickly and more conveniently while reducing the amount of mess on the countertop.
- Made from stainless steel, this flour sifter has a spring action squeeze handle and is both sturdy and durable in construction
- The perfect product for those who want to bake cakes with a light and fluffy texture as it produces a mix that has a consistency throughout resulting in a better taste
- The spring action squeeze handle rakes the ingredients over the mesh screen to process the ingredients quickly and more conveniently while reducing the amount of mess on the countertop
- Can be tricky to clean
- Mrs. Anderson’s Squeeze Flour Sifter for breaking up clumps and aerating flour, icing sugar, and other sifted baking ingredients
- Made from stainless steel with spring-action squeeze handle; sturdy and durable
- Fluffs powdered ingredients for lighter baked goods; helps blend in salt, baking soda, and baking powder, for an even consistency and better taste
- Quickly aerate all purpose flour, bread flour, cake flour, coconut flour, gluten free flour, and other finer dry ingredients, like confectioners sugar
- Breaks up lumps; easy to use; hand wash in warm, soapy water; dry thoroughly
Our penultimate recommendation is the Snowyee Flour Sifter which is made with stainless steel meaning that it is rust and corrosion resistant so it is guaranteed to last a long time while remaining durable.
Easy to use, this sifter has a handheld handle with double stainless steel layers that feature tiny holes to make the sifting process easier and more convenient while reducing any mess and hand fatigue.
Both high volume and lightweight, this flour sifter can hold 7 ounces making it ideal for those who are making larger cakes or batches. The lightweight design makes it easy to handle for all ages and safer to use.
This sifter is dishwasher safe for those who want a product that is incredibly low maintenance. Snowyee also provides an exclusive returns policy with this product as it comes with a 12-month limited warranty where they will refund or replace your sifter should you run into any defects in the construction or craftsmanship.
Their customer service team is available all year round and is trained to deal with any issue you may have.
- Made with stainless steel meaning that it is rust and corrosion resistant so it is guaranteed to last a long time while remaining durable
- Has a handheld handle with double stainless steel layers that feature tiny holes to make the sifting process easier and more convenient while reducing any mess and hand fatigue
- Comes with a 12 month limited warranty where they will refund or replace your sifter should you run into any defects in the construction or craftsmanship
- Runs small to size
- 【Anti Rusted Design】— The Flour Sifter Made by Stainless Steel Material which can be Anti Rusted Design Even Touch the Water Most Often for Your Daily Baking Time
- 【Easy to Use】— Handheld Handle of Flour Sifter with Double Stainless Steel Layers with Tiny Holes which Easy to Sifting Flour and Sugar out
- 【Premium Customer Service】— Don't Worry About Waste You Money, Our Team Provide 12 Months with 12h × 365 Days Customer Service Even You Bought Our Products for a Long Time Before, If you unsatisfied Products Quality or other Reason, Please Contact us or Amazon service for Solve it
- 【High Volume & Lightweight】— Only 7 OZ of Sifter with Unbroken and Integrated Design which can filled High Volume Flour; Also Please Put ⅓ Cup Powdered which Most Efficiency for Work, But Please don’t Put Max ⅔ Powdered into it otherwise it’s will be Stuck
- 【Dishwasher Safe】— Easy to Clean After Wash, Dishwasher Safe
Our final selection is the NPYPQ Stainless Steel Flour Sifter which has a large capacity of 5 cups of flour with a deepened cup design to guarantee that the flour will not overflow due to shaking, keeping the countertop tidy and mess-free.
Comfortable to hold and easy to operate, this is one of the most convenient sifters on our list as you simply press the handle to filter out the powder.
Perfect for filtering all kinds of ingredients including flours, cocoa powders, and seasoning powders among more, this is an incredibly versatile tool that the avid chef will be able to incorporate in their daily cooking and baking regime.
The sifter is made from a stainless steel construction which is rust and corrosion resistant which helps it to maintain a sturdy texture that makes it durable and reliable for many years of heavy-duty use.
This sifter will make any mix more delicate thanks to the filtering process which helps remove any impurities and makes the texture more consistent and allows for a better taste. The mix will turn into a fine powder that makes it ideal for all kinds of baking and cooking dishes.
The double-layer 20 mesh allows the filter extraction to be done in a way that does not transfer any odor or metallic taste to the mix so you can be guaranteed maximum flavor no matter what you are making.
Easy to clean, this sifter simply requires handwashing with warm and soapy water before being dried thoroughly.
- Has a large capacity of 5 cups of flour with a deepened cup design to guarantee that the flour will not overflow due to shaking, keeping the countertop tidy and mess-free
- Made from a stainless steel construction which is rust and corrosion resistant which helps it to maintain a sturdy texture that makes it durable and reliable for many years of heavy duty use
- The double layer 20 mesh allows the filter extraction to be done in a way that does not transfer any odor or metallic taste to the mix
- High price point
- With a capacity of 5 cups, we deepen the sifter cup so that the flour does not overflow from the cup due to shaking, keeping the work surface clean and tidy for your daily baking time.
- Works great with fine and coarse flours like cake powder, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, almond meal and oat bran etc.
- Comfortable to hold, easy to operate, just press the handle to filter out the powder, handheld handle of flour sifter with double stainless steel Layers mesh tiny holes which easy to sifting flour and sugar out.
- Sifter is made of rust resistant stainless steel, mirror polished design, sturdy texture
- It takes only 1.5 minutes to sifting out a whole cup of flour. This is the perfect gift for your wife, grandmother, grandma and every baker.
Best Flour Sifter Buyer’s Guide
When researching which flour sifter is best for you, there are certain factors that you always need to consider. This is to help you further your own understanding as well as prevent any disappointment when the product arrives as you will know what to expect.
Before making any purchase, always look into the size of the product, the material it is made from, any warranty or returns policies, and your budget. Once you’ve weighed these against your own criteria, you’ll be in a position where you can make a fully informed decision with confidence.
The first factor you need to think about is the size of the sifter. As flour sifters are available in an array of sizes and shapes, you want to make sure that the one you choose is going to withstand whatever you are cooking or baking.
Think about what kind of dishes you will be making and how much flour it requires on average to ensure that you get the best performance.
Having a sifter that is too large won’t give you the control you need as there is too much empty space whereas one that is too small simply won’t fit all the flour in which will make the process longer and more tedious.
The next factor you should always look at is the material that the flour sifter is made from. Due to the nature of flour sifters and their purpose, the best material that you can find is a stainless steel option.
This is because stainless steel provides the longevity and durability you expect from the product whilst also being resistant to rust and corrosion.
This is ideal as you can be mixing an array of different ingredients using various flours so there is no chance of any odor or metallic taste being transferred into the mix.
Due to the nature of flour sifters and the materials they are made from, most brands tend to add a returns policy or warranty period to their goods to assure their longevity and give you extra peace of mind.
The customer service teams are always on hand to help you with any assistance or queries you may have and are guaranteed to respond as soon as possible, usually within 24 hours.
Lastly, always think about your budget. As with most kitchen tools and utensils, the prices can vary greatly depending on the factors listed above.
However, as you can see from the recommendations listed in this article, there are plenty of options to choose from at all price points so you don’t have to worry about your bank account when picking the one that is perfect for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
A flour sifter is the best tool to use as it helps to mix your ingredients together in a convenient way that reduces the amount of mess on the countertop and makes the preparation process quicker and easier.
The amount of times you need to sift the flour is dependent on what your recipe says. Sifting too much or too little can have a negative effect on the final result as it may not create the consistency in the mix that is required.