One of the best dishes to have in a restaurant is a fondue. Whether it is cheese or chocolate, fondues can be extremely versatile in their options as well as bring extra enjoyment to any meal.
Instead of paying extortionate restaurant prices, however, you can easily bring the fondue experience into the comfort of your own home. Whether it is for a romantic meal for two or a family dinner, there are fondue pots designed for all households.
The amount on the market can make it overwhelming and tricky to know where to even start. We have gathered the top five fondue pots on the market that you should consider followed by an exclusive Buyers Guide and FAQ so you know what to look out for when conducting your own research.
Here are the top five fondue pots you should consider:
Best Fondue Pot
Our top recommendation is the Cuisinart CFO-3SS Electric Fondue Maker which is an electric fondue set that is suitable for chocolate, cheese, broth, or oil, making it extremely versatile for all kinds of meals.
It includes a base, bowl, temperature probe, eight fondue forks, and a fork rack which are all BPA-free and apply to the American health standards.
The pot, in particular, is made from brushed stainless steel and holds 3 quarts with a non-stick interior so it is easy to clean and maintain no matter what kind of fondue you have.
What makes this our top pick is how versatile and suitable for all households it is. Including everything else you need for your fondue, as well as the pot, the sleek design means that your food will be heated upon quickly.
The removable temperature control is adjustable for a wide range of recipes so the sauce will maintain its heat. This product has been built to the North American Eletrical Standards.
- Suitable for chocolate, cheese, broth or oil, making it extremely versatile for all kinds of meals
- Made from brushed stainless steel and holds 3 quarts with a non-stick interior so it is easy to clean and maintain no matter what kind of fondue you have
- The removable temperature control is adjustable for a wide range of recipes so the sauce will maintain its heat
- High price point
- FUNCTIONAL: This 3-quart capacity 1000-watt electric fondue set is suitable for chocolate, cheese, broth and or oil
- EASY CLEANUP: Nonstick interior and dishwasher safe makes this product easy to clean up
- MUST-HAVE FEATURES: Adjustable temperature probe with eight settings for a wide range of recipes and stainless steel fork ring
- INCLUDES: The Cuisinart elegant brushed stainless Fondue set includes a base, bowl, temperature probe, 8-fondue forks, and fork rack for the full fondue experience - also includes instruction and recipe booklet with lots of fondue options
- LIMITED 3-YEAR WARRANTY: Refer to user manual for troubleshooting steps and questions surrounding warranty policies – this product is BPA free
Our second selection is the NutriChef PKFNMK23 Countertop Set which is perfect for serving large groups, this set comes with six color-coded fondue forks for your guests.
The handles are cool to the touch and the adjustable rotary temperature control means that serving and cooking are easier. The cooking capacity is over two quarts which include a removable serving bowl which makes it both compact and convenient.
The fondue pot is non-stick and heat resistant which means that it is safe to place on any kitchen table or countertop and it can be moved to the best place during larger parties.
This fondue pot is incredibly versatile and allows you to melt both cheese and chocolate while also remaining suitable for dipping a variety of foods. The pot is removable and non-stick which means that it is easier to clean.
As well as the pot, you get a Teflon Bowl, six dipping forks, and a utensil tray lid so you have everything you need to make the perfect fondue dish.
- The handles are cool to the touch and the adjustable rotary temperature control means that serving and cooking is easier
- The fondue pot is non-stick and heat resistant which means that it is safe to place on any kitchen table or countertop and it can be moved to the best place during larger parties
- As well as the pot, you get a Teflon Bowl, six dipping forks and a utensil tray lid so you have everything you need to make the perfect fondue dish
- Can cause an odor when used for the first time
- FUN DINING EXPERIENCE: Perfect for serving large groups, the electric fondue set comes with six color-coded fondue forks for guests.
- COMPACT & CONVENIENT: Cool to the touch handles & adjustable rotary temperature control makes serving & cooking easier. Cooking capacity is over two quarts, includes a removable serving bowl.
- COUNTERTOP SAFE: The fondue pot is non-stick & heat-resistant. It is safe to place on any kitchen table or countertop. Move it to best placement for entertaining & large parties.
- MELT CHEESE & CHOCOLATE: Just like your favorites restaurants the melting pot cooker features a heated electric base to melt both cheese & chocolate. Great for dipping bread, vegetables, marshmallows, fruit & more!
- EASY TO CLEAN: The electric fondue set contains a removable Teflon bowl & a non-stick surface for easier post-dinner cleanup.
Our third choice is the Nostalgia FPS200 6-Cup Stainless Steel Electric Fondue Pot which has a six-cup capacity. The pot can hold up to 1.5 quarts of chocolate, cheese, and any sauces or broths, making it extremely versatile.
You can keep your fondue at the ideal temperature by adjusting the blue-lit temperature control dial while the cool touch side handles make for safe and easy handling while moving the removable pot.
This post comes with six color-coded forks which means that guests can serve themselves and the notches in the rim hold each fork in place.
The durable construction is made from high-quality stainless steel construction which makes this a sleek and durable tabletop unit. The detachable parts are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
- The pot can hold up to 1.5 quarts of chocolate, cheese and any sauces or broths, making it extremely versatile
- Keep your fondue at the ideal temperature by adjusting the blue lit temperature control dial while the cool touch side handles make for safe and easy handling while moving the removable pot
- The durable construction is made from high quality stainless steel construction which makes this a sleek and durable tabletop unit
- Does not distribute heat evenly
- 6-Cup capacity - Make up to 1.5 quarts (3 pounds) of your favorite fondue for birthdays, pool parties or any special event to share with friends and family. Cord length : 38 Inches
- Fondue party - Make any get together special. Dip fruit, vegetables, breads, pretzels, chicken wings, ribs, and more into a variety of fondue sauces. Try Buffalo sauce, barbecue sauce, ranch, chocolate, cheese, dipping broths and more.
- Temperature control - Keep fondues at the ideal temperature by adjusting the blue-lit temperature control dial.
- Cool-touch handles - Use the cool-touch side handles for safe and easy handling while moving the removable pot.
- 6 color-coded forks - Allow guests to serve themselves decadent chocolate fondue, delectable cheese dips and more with the included 6 color-coded forks. Notches in the rim hold each fork in place.
Our penultimate recommendation is the Zen Kitchen Fondue Pot Set which is a ceramic pot that is ideal for heat distribution and retention.
The rest of the set is made from heavy-duty cast iron for thorough, even heating and optimal cooking performance.
Because of the open flame heating method, there is no extension cord draping across the table. This means that it can be used wherever even where electricity cannot reach.
The ceramic pot can be directly heated in a microwave machine as well as washed in the dishwasher for extra convenience. The glazed surface also prevents any chocolate or cheese from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
The heart-shaped main pot has a large volume of 26 oz of liquid which is great for larger parties while the 6 small companion dishes are included meaning that you can have plenty of different dipping options.
This is the ideal choice for those who want a quirky-designed fondue pot that brings a bit of character to their kitchen dishes.
- The ceramic pot can be directly heated in a microwave machine as well as washed in the dishwasher for extra convenience
- The glazed surface also prevents any chocolate or cheese from sticking to the bottom of the pot
- The heart shaped main pot has a large volume of 26 oz of liquid which is great for larger parties while the 6 small companion dishes included mean that you can have plenty of different dipping options
- Can burn chocolate quickly
- THE OLD AUTHENTIC WAY – Ceramic is well known for its even heat distribution and retention. This beautiful fondue pot set is made of heavy-duty cast iron for thorough, even heating and optimal cooking performance. THE OLD AUTHENTIC WAY – There are many ways of cooking your chocolate fondue, but the only authentic way is to cook your fondue in an open flame over a ceramic bowl. The even heat distribution makes your fondue melt and cooked perfectly.
- SAFE AND CONVENIENCE – Unlike the electric fondue, there is no extension cord draping across the table where someone is going to strip over and break the whole set. This fondue set is an elegant and safe way of hosting your fondue party. In addition, this cast iron fondue set can be used at locations where electricity can’t reach.
- EASY TO USE AND CARE – This glazed ceramic fondue pot can be directly heated in a microwave machine and washed in a dishwasher. The glazed ceramic surface prevents the chocolate sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- IDEAL FOR PARTY of 2 to 3 – The heart shape main pot has a large volume of 26 oz of liquid. The included 6 small companion dishes are great for any fruits, vegetables, meat or even some marshmallows.
- PERFECT GIFT SET: Our Zen Kitchen cheese fondue set is boxed in a beautifully designed gift box. It will be a perfect gift as a thoughtful Father’s Day, Christmas gift, housewarming, hostess gift, birthday gift, couple anniversary gift or a wedding gift. It’s also perfect for cheese, chocolate and wine lovers.
Our final selection is the Good Cooking Deluxe Electric Dessert Fountain Fondue Pot Set which features a melting and warming setting so you can perfectly melt your chocolate or cheese.
The serving tray and bowl are removable which means that each compartment of this fondue set is easy to clean and maintain.
A great option for those who are working with a stricter budget, this set is made from stainless steel and plastic which may not be the most durable option but is a great starting point for those who haven’t purchased a fondue pot before.
This pot is incredibly versatile and suitable for dipping an array of different dessert treats. This pot also comes with four forks that make dipping and drizzling easy.
A great choice for a couple who want a smaller fondue set or as a gift, this pot is an ideal first purchase for those who may be skeptical about whether a fondue set is right for them.
- Features a melting and warming setting so you can perfectly melt your chocolate or cheese
- The serving tray and bowl are removable which means that each compartment of this fondue set is easy to clean and maintain
- Comes with four forks that makes dipping and drizzling easy
- Takes a long time to heat
- Chocolate Fondue Maker- Features melting and warming setting to perfectly melt your chocolate
- Chocolate Fountain- Serving tray and bowl are removable, making this chocolate fountain easy to clean!
- Chocolate Fondu- Dip fruit, cake, marshmallows, pretzels and more for your favorite dessert treats
- Chocolate Melting Pot includes 4 forks for easy dipping and drizzling
- Top selling, best selling valentine's day gift
Best Fondue Pot Buyer’s Guide
When researching which fondue pot is best for you, there are various factors that you need to consider to ensure you get the right product for you. These include the size of the pot, the material, any additional equipment, and your budget.
Once you’ve weighed these factors with your own criteria, you’ll be in a position where you can make a fully informed decision with confidence.
The first thing you should consider is the size of the pot itself. Think about how many people you are catering for. Some pots are designed for larger groups whereas others are made for a couple of people.
You want to make sure that the pot you purchase is the right size to reduce any food waste as well as ensure that there is enough for everyone.
The material of the pot is important as this will determine the quality of the food. Most fondue pots come in either stainless steel or ceramic with both having their advantages and disadvantages.
Stainless steel heats quicker but there isn’t even heat distribution. They are easier to clean and maintain due to the smoother surface.
On the other hand, ceramic provides even heat distribution and is better at maintaining its heat even when removed from the high temperature. They are harder to clean and maintain due to the rougher surface.
Check to see if the pot comes separately or with a full fondue set. Depending on whether you are wanting a complete set or are looking for a specific pot for your existing set, there are many options available.
A lot of fondue sets come with forks for dipping as well as smaller pots that you can put your own portions in to reduce mess. Whatever you are after, you’ll be able to find it with no problems.
Always consider your budget when deciding what fondue pot is best for you. There are plenty of high-quality options available at varying price points so there’s no need to break the bank to get the best results.
So whether you have the money to spend or are working with a stricter budget, you’ll be able to find an option that suits you best.
Frequently Asked Questions
The most popular material for fondue pots is stainless steel. This is because they can transfer heat quickly so you will be able to use it sooner.
They are designed to be durable for long-term use as well as easy to clean. However, unlike ceramic pots which are also a popular choice, they do not distribute even heat.
A good fondue pot will be able to heat up quickly and can retain its heat at both low and high temperatures to create a consistent heat for longer dining experiences.