Wooden spoons are one of the most used, and most underrated, utensils in any kitchen. They don’t scratch the bottom of pots and pans, they are excellent tools for baking, and - if you’re lucky - they can last for years.
If you’re looking for some new wooden spoons to liven up your kitchen, you’ve come to the right place!
We have found the best wooden spoons on the market, ranging from the best to eat food to the most eco-friendly option.
Ecosall has created the best wooden spoon set for every cooking purpose, BICB has the best simple wooden spoons for new homeowners on a budget, and ZZQ has perfected the art of bamboo spoons. But more on that later, let’s get into this guide!
ADLORYEA Wooden Mixing and Eating Spoons
Ecosall Wooden Spoon Set
AOOSY Wooden Eating Spoons
BICB Wooden Cooking Oval Spoons
ZZQ Serving Wooden Spoon
ADLORYEA Wooden Mixing and Eating Spoons
ZZQ Serving Wooden Spoon
Before we delve into the product reviews, let’s take a look at the key criteria points we used to compare and contrast the products.
Good quality wooden spoons can last for years upon years. Almost every kitchen will have had an indestructible wooden spoon that is cracked at every seam but still going strong - so why not treat yourself to a nice, new set that can last just as long?
The key to a long-lasting, durable wooden spoon is the design and material it is made from.
Sure, not all wooden spoons contain plastic, and therefore technically most wooden spoons are eco-friendly.
However, if you’re conscious about the planet and you want to avoid buying spoons made from unsustainable materials and deforestation, there are some spoons out there that will give you peace of mind.
How easy is it to clean the wooden spoon? Can it withstand harsh chemicals? Is it dishwasher-safe? Will frequent cleaning contribute to discoloration? So many questions!
This isn’t much of an obligation, but it’s worth considering whether a wooden spoon is ergonomic or not.
For those who struggle with holding items that aren’t ergonomically designed for all hands, they might find the standard straight wooden spoons hard to hold. Wooden spoons aren’t exactly designed to be comfortable, but it’s still a factor worth considering.
Best Wooden Spoons
1. Best Wooden Spoons Overall: ADLORYEA Wooden Mixing and Eating Spoons
This wooden spoon set is made of Phoebe Nanmu wood, which is an Asian wood that has been described as a durable softwood for centuries since the Ming Dynasty.
Not only is the material durable, but the spoons are finished with a glaze of natural plant oil that protects the raw wood. This is intended to maintain the structure and color of the spoons.
This material has been used to make furniture, boats, and architectural woodwork due to its resistance to decay.
The eco-friendliness of Phoebe Nanmu wood is debatable. While it’s not common to find spoons made of this material, Phoebe Nanmu wood from evergreen trees is threatened by habitat loss in south China and Vietnam. Still, with how long these spoons last, you’re not likely to need frequent replacements.
Due to the natural plant oil glaze, these spoons are easy to clean. They are technically dishwasher safe, but to maintain the quality of the spoons, it is recommended to wash them by hand with a sponge and soapy warm water.
These spoons cannot be used in a microwave, oven, or soaked in dish detergent. It’s also not recommended to use hard objects when scrubbing the spoons to prevent scratching.
While these spoons don’t have a molded design, they are very lightweight and won’t make your arm ache from stirring.
ADLORYEA is the manufacturer of this wooden spoon set. This manufacturer is highly experienced in producing and selling wooden utensils for a variety of purposes, such as wooden spoons for baking and wooden utensil sets for versatility in a kitchen.
Why these are the best overall wooden spoons?
This wooden spoon set comes with everything you could need - you get three regular wooden spoons with a 13” long handle for mixing, plus an extra three smaller 9” spoons for eating food.
This versatility is great for a set like this one, as it means you can have a wooden spoon for every purpose - from stirring the soup to baking. The design is also gorgeous, with a sleek mahogany-colored finish.
Customers are very impressed with these spoons. Not only do they look attractive, but they are great for mixing and stirring an abundance of foods and liquids. Customers also appreciate the additional spoons for eating, as it helps to create a cohesive visual in a kitchen.
- Durable - Made from hardy wood that is known for its durability
- Easy to clean - Due to glazed finish, these spoons only need to be cleaned with a sponge and soapy water
- Versatile - Two spoon sets in one (one set for cooking, the other for eating)
- Spoons are better suited for stirring and mixing loose foods and liquids rather than harder, dough-like consistencies
- SUPERIOR MATERIAL- Made by Eco-Friendly Phoebe Nanmu Wood. Each Wooden Cooking Spoon is grinded by hand and well-finished with a type of natural plant oil glaze that does not come off. Smooth surface, no burr, safe and non-toxic, easy-to-clean and comfortable to use, BPA FREE.
- BEAUTIFUL DESIGN & UNIQUE GRAIN – Comfortable design with exquisite grain patterns. Wood Grain varies by years and the grow conditions made these handmade Cooking Spoons Unique.
- MULTI-FUNCTION: long handle design let it will not be hot when mixing, easy for Stirring hot soups, coffee, making your Nasi goreng (fried rice), curries, and other dishes. These wooden kitchen utensils are the best when using non-stick cookware, will not scratch up your pots and pans.
- Easy to Store and Clean: The spoon has a hole for hanging. It can be hung on the wall to save space. Just wash it with soapy water.
- What You can Get? The Package is included with 3-Piece 13 INCH Wood Cooking Spoon & 3-Piece 9 INCH Wooden Eating Spoon, enough to meet your needs. Our unique kitchen cooking utensil is the perfect and most affordable gift you can share with your loved ones for any occasion, Hey we all love eating!
2. Best Wooden Spoon Set: Ecosall Wooden Spoon Set
This spoon set is made entirely of 100% beechwood, meaning there is no unnecessary plastic or glue that could cause them to break or splinter. The handles of the spoons are sturdy and fairly thick, so you won’t have to worry about them snapping when handling tougher foods.
These spoons are made of beechwood from European woodland areas. They are designed to last a lifetime, so you won’t have to worry about replacing them - especially as they won’t split like bamboo spoons.
However, beech trees can take up to 10-20 years to grow properly, which is far longer than bamboo that only takes 5 years before regrowth.
These spoons should be cleaned with a sponge and soapy warm water. You can dry them by hand, or allow them to air-dry from the wall thanks to the handy handle hole.
The handles of these spoons are sturdy to prevent them from snapping. While they are light, the handles aren’t rounded, which might be uncomfortable when stirring for long periods.
These spoons are produced in Poland from European beech trees. The manufacturer is the company Ecosall, which prides itself on producing eco-friendly kitchen utensils. Their goal is to minimize negative impacts on the environment by making long-lasting utensils made sustainably.
Why this is the best wooden spoon set?
This wooden spoon set has it all - six utensils ranging from standard spoons to a handy spatula. All the utensils have a handle hole to hang the spoons from the wall. Some spoons feature draining sections for stirring pasta or rice.
The eco-friendliness of this product stands out for us. This set is all about providing long-lasting kitchenware - not just the spoons, but the quality of your pots and pans as these spoons don’t scratch surfaces.
Plus, this is a great set for those on a budget.
Customers have found this set to be incredibly versatile - from both in and out of the kitchen. Some customers have taken use of the light beechwood to create woodburning artwork on the spoons, which is a great idea for livening up an interior.
Plus, customers have been impressed by the longevity of the spoons and how often they find themselves using them.
- Versatile - 6-piece bundle offers utensils for lots of purposes
- Durable - Beechwood material is long-lasting and eco-friendly
- Woodburning - Great for woodburning art projects
- Handles aren’t rounded, which can be uncomfortable during long use
- SAFE & HEALTHY cooking spoons – non coated, not varnished and not glued! Family safe, helpful and reliable set of wooden spoons, ready for every cooking task in your kitchen. 12 inches long and 2 inches wide, 6 different in shapes wooden utensils for cooking. Have STAY-COOL LONG HANDLES with holes for hanging - long, flat, easy to grip. Made in Ukraine (Europe).
- 100% NATURAL SOLID HARDWOOD. Unlike other low quality Chinese bamboo utensils found on the market today these premium European kitchen utensils are made of solid, smooth, lightweight, strong, durable organic Beechwood. They will never get warm and melt like silicone utensils, crack or split like bamboo spoons or bamboo spatula. Easy to clean and store.
- SAFE FOR NONSTICK COOKWARE. These spoons won’t scratch your t-fal, cast iron pans, and woks and will gently scrape the remaining from the bottom of your cookware. PRACTICALLY DESIGNED & FUNCTIONAL wooden cooking utensil set includes mixing spoons, flat, angled, corner spoon and slotted spatula with thin tip, great for serving, flipping eggs, stir-frying, fish, pancakes, and outdoor use.
- WOODEN SPOONS FOR CRAFTS AND GIFTS – you will enjoy using this set for wood burning, crafts and decorative painting. Best gift ideas for kitchen, holidays, bridal showers, birthdays, housewarming, or Christmas for moms, grandmas, women.
- 100% MONEY-BACK. If you, for whatever reasons, are not happy with the item, please feel free to contact us and we will, within 24 hours, arrange a full refund or a replacement without any questions asked.
3. Best Wooden Spoons to Eat With: AOOSY Wooden Eating Spoons
These spoons are made of hardy Nanmu wood, a wood that has traditionally been used to make furniture, boats, and wooden architecture. This means that the spoons are very durable and long-lasting, especially with the food-grade lacquer varnish that helps to maintain the quality of the spoons.
As these spoons are made entirely from wood, they are considered eco-friendly. They can last for several years, so frequent replacements won’t be necessary.
These spoons are dishwasher safe, and can also be easily cleaned with warm soapy water and a sponge. As they are used for eating food more than cooking, you won’t have to scrub away at the stubborn mess.
These spoons are lightweight and 8.7” long, so you can comfortably hold them in one hand as you would with a regular eating spoon. Also, the handle is rounded, which is comfortable for the fingers.
AOOSY are a popular company for kitchen utensils and eating utensils. Their company is all about creating eco-friendly, long-lasting, and sleek utensils that can fit into any kitchen design.
Why these are the best wooden spoons for eating?
While some may cringe at the idea of eating food with a wooden spoon, these utensils are much more effective than you might think. No, they don’t splinter in your mouth, nor are they rough on your tongue. Instead, these spoons are layered with a lacquer glaze that provides a smooth surface to the spoons that won’t come off.
These spoons replicate traditional Japanese eating spoons, which is why they are becoming increasingly popular for eating soups and noodles. If you struggle with chopsticks, buy these spoons!
Customers are impressed by these unique wooden eating spoons. Gone are the days of eating food with metal spoons - especially for those with sensitive teeth. Not only do customers use them for eating, but they also use these spoons for stirring drinks such as coffee or tea.
- Hardy spoons - Made from durable Nanmu wood
- Won’t splinter - Lacquer glazing prevents the spoons from splitting or splintering
- Versatile - Can be used for eating and stirring
- Not large enough to use for baking or cooking
- ✔ 6 PIECES JAPANESE WOODEN SOUP SPOONS, salad spoon,cooking spoon,use as tea, coffee, dessert, sugar spoons, Simple and plain, natural color and elegant.
- ✔ WOOD APPETIZER SPOON SET is made of natural Nanmu wood, LENGTH: 8.78inches. our products are varnished with natural, eco-friendly, natural resin is taken from sumac, safe for kids and adults! natural resin-varnishing prevents chopsticks from getting stained and going bad when in contact with food therefore they can be used for longer time.
- ✔ SOUP SPOONS DISHWASHER SAFE :Easy to clean and reusable,Great for hiking, mountain hiking, camping, lake fishing, construction site lunch or picnicking, perfect for nasi goreng, fried rice, curries soup,rice, cereal soup,Korean or Japanese meals.
- ✔ WOOD KITCHEN TOOLS are safe to use on cups, dishes and bowls, will not scratch surfaces. it may not frostbite or scald your hands,no matter how cold or hot the water is. Wooden tableware for home,for restaurant and hotel.
- ✔ EATING SPOONS SET safe for non-stick surfaces, safe, healthier, eco-friendly. it can't heated by microwave.
4. Best Budget Wooden Spoons: BICB Wooden Cooking Oval Spoons
These spoons are about as bog-standard as they can get. Made from a hardy beechwood, they’re not designed to break within a year of use. In fact, they will last several years.
If appearance is what you’re looking for, these spoons might stain overtime and might form slight cracks after years of abuse, but that’s a given with most over-used spoons!
These spoons are made of 100% beechwood with no added plastics or metals. Their sturdy design means you won’t have to look for frequent replacements.
These spoons can simply be cleaned with warm soapy water and a sponge. They don’t come with protective glazing, so staining is likely to occur. They are dishwasher safe.
There are four spoons in this set ranging in different lengths, so you can find the right spoon for whatever purpose. They are lightweight and feature a rounded handle that is gentle on the fingers.
BICB is a woodworking company that produces and sells everything from wooden spoons and spatulas to dowel pins and tongs. With expert craftsmanship, BICB is professionals in the wooden utensils industry.
Why these are the best budget wooden spoons?
Sometimes, you don’t need anything too fancy to get the job done. Wooden spoons don’t need unique features or technology when they’re just there for stirring and mixing ingredients together.
These spoons are there for those on a budget - perhaps new homeowners or those who have just moved out of their parent’s place. They’ll do the job, and at that price point, they’ll be worth every dime.
Customers are overall impressed with the quality of these spoons. Nobody is expecting anything too fancy from them, other than the expectation that they will do their job - which they do. What’s the point in spending more money on a wooden spoon that works the same as these?
- Standard spoons - Nothing too fancy, they just get the job done
- Affordable - Four spoons of different sizes makes this a budget-friendly purchase
- Comfortable grip - Rounded handle is gentle on the fingers
- No glazed finish means these spoons will stain over time
- A HANDY KITCHEN COMPANION - Whip up your favorite recipes without trouble! This nifty wooden spoon set can help you with various cooking tasks like mixing, stirring, baking, frying, and tasting.
- A COMPLETE BUNDLE - The pack includes small 8”, medium 10”, large 12”, and extra-large 14” cooking spoons. Whether you’re making sauces or stews, our wooden utensils have got you covered!
- STANDS THE TEST OF TIME - Our sturdy wooden cooking utensils are thoughtfully crafted from top-grade solid beechwood material. Rest assured that they will serve you for many years to come. Made in Europe.
- SAFE TO USE - Each of our wooden spoons work seamlessly on non-stick surfaces so it won’t damage or scratch your precious pans and pots. You can also easily clean the utensils through handwashing.
- PREMIUM CRAFTSMANSHIP - Customer satisfaction is our top priority. We make sure that our wood spoons offer the perfect balance of user convenience, superior performance, and elevated style.
5. Best Wooden Spoon for Serving: ZZQ Serving Wooden Spoon
These gorgeous serving spoons are made of strong bamboo wood. As it is a serving spoon, it is designed to serve foods of all shapes and sizes - from salad to curries.
This spoon has a solid bamboo construction with no other materials. Bamboo takes around 5 years to grow properly and can regrow after being harvested, making it one of the most sustainable forms of wood. Bamboo is also recyclable.
Some people wouldn’t recommend bamboo spoons as they are more likely to splinter than other materials like beechwood. However, as this is a serving spoon, cracks shouldn’t occur.
This spoon is not dishwasher safe and should only be washed by hand.
This is a 13” spoon with a thick and comfortable handle that is ideal for fitting the curvature of a hand when serving food. It is a deep spoon that can hold a lot of food.
ZZQ is a cooking utensils brand that incorporates bamboo materials into kitchens - from spoons to spatulas. The brand is all about eco-friendly, healthy cooking.
Why this is the best wooden spoon for serving?
Who said a wooden spoon has to be purely for stirring cake mixture? This serving spoon features a deep curve that can hold a variety of foods, which is ideal for serving foods around the table. The lovely large handle is comfortable and ergonomic - plus the large handle hole is ideal for hanging the spoon on the wall.
Overall, customers are very satisfied with this product. Customers consider it a sturdy and smooth spoon that is ideal for serving food. A couple of customers have experienced splits in the spoon, but this is likely due to improper use of the spoon.
- Ergonomic - Curved handle is comfortable to hold
- Large spoon - Ideal for serving food
- Eco-friendly - Made from sustainable bamboo
- Not intended for tiring and mixing hard foods
Frequently Asked Questions
For durability, the best woods for wooden utensils are hardwoods like beechwood or hard maple. These will provide the most long-lasting utensils. If you are interested in carving and making your own wooden utensils, however, softwoods like soft maple and poplar are far easier to use.
Bamboo is potentially the most eco-friendly option for wooden utensils, but they aren’t the most long-lasting ones. Still, they will last a couple of years.
There are several reasons why wooden spoons are better than other spoons made of plastic or metal. Most importantly, wooden spoons won’t scratch your pots and pans.
We’ve all got a frying pan in our kitchen that looks like the surface has been shredded after years of abuse from a metal spoon or spatula.
Wooden spoons are soft on surfaces, even non-stick ones, which means that they won’t scratch them.
Secondly, wooden spoons contain no harmful chemicals that can leach onto your food. This also means you can use wooden spoons with acidic foods without the worry of parts of the utensil coming off into your food.
Also, wooden spoons handle heat way better than metal spoons. This means that burnt hands are a thing of the past.
Join the Discussion