This pasta recipe is so quick to make and you'll find all the ingredients in your pantry already! These simple, delicious ingredients make the pasta a big hit every time we make it!
Lets talk about culinary school! We both studied in the same culinary school and that's how we met as well!
So this is how our class would work - every time we had to learn a new recipe, our chef instructor would make a team of two people. The first time we were being paired off, both of us got paired together and instantly hit it off!
Since then, every single time we'd work together - we would always end up with the best final dish in class!
Which brings us to pasta! Pasta class was one of the most intense sessions - we were making fresh pasta during the morning session and 6 different recipes during the afternoon session.
Needless to say, it was hella tough! But super fun too! I mean come on - who doesn't LOVE pasta?!?! (We both most certainly do!)
This recipe is a variation of Aglio Olio - which means spaghetti with garlic and oil.
While we absolutely LOVE the classic recipe - who doesn't like a little variation right?! We both absolutely love garlic (it's probably our most used ingredient in the pantry!) and of course lemon. So this recipe is a combination of the two and is super simple to put together. It'll hardly take you 15 mins but the result will be A-MAZING.
Sssshhh.. Guys! Arvin here. So here's a secret: Aena sort of loves extra garlic in hers! Which probably reflects on the recipe too (had to give in!). Feel free to use 7 - 8 cloves instead of 10. Happy cooking (and eating)!!
- 200 grams fettuccine pasta
- 1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 8 - 10 cloves garlic (Note 1)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the box. Normally fettuccine takes up to 8 minutes to reach the al-dente stage. (See Note 2)
- Meanwhile, chop the garlic (as finely as you can!) and squeeze out the lemon juice.
- When the pasta is done, put it in cold water and set aside.
- In a pan, heat olive oil on a medium heat and add in the garlic. Cook the garlic till slightly golden (about a minute). Then add in the chili flakes. Cook further for about 20 seconds.
- Follow it by immediately adding the drained pasta to the pan.
- Top off with lemon juice and cook for 1 minute.
- The pasta is ready to serve - YUM!
1. Arvin again guys! If you're not as big a fan of garlic as Aena and I are (mainly Aena!) reduce it to 7 - 8 garlic cloves. Otherwise go all out for the 10! The more the better, right?!
2. Make sure to not overcook the pasta as it will be heated again in the pan for a few minutes!
3. We added some chopped parsley as the garnish!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 198Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g