We've seen hot cocoa bombs, but now you find this delicious copycat Starbucks blonde white mocha coffee bomb! Such an easy little addition to your morning coffee routine, this is a perfect way to add flavor to ordinary coffee in a fun and easy way. Make these for your own use or prepare and gift to friends and family for a wonderful coffee experience.
White Mocha Coffee Bomb
If hot chocolate isn't your thing but you do love a good cup of coffee, you can now get in on the fun that is making a chocolate sphere filled with additions that go well in a hot drink. Coffee bombs have become popular, and this Starbucks version is a fun choice that you will love duplicating. Copycat recipes are always a hit with me, and this one is so easy to make! It is a great gift for friends who love coffee or just a fun treat to add to your own coffee.
If you make this to serve as a special dessert drink, it goes wonderful alongside a slice of this moist cheesecake banana bread or a few of these copycat Subway white chocolate cranberry cookies. So tasty and a perfect pairing!
What is a Coffee Bomb?
A coffee bomb is simply a chocolate sphere filled with additions you would normally add to your coffee. In this case, it contains a powdered creamer. You can also add other items as shown below if you prefer. It is designed to go into the coffee mug and topped with piping hot coffee to melt the chocolate to then be stirred into the mixture to create a delicious coffee drink.
Can I Use This With Any Coffee?
Of course! While this is made with Starbucks blonde coffee, it's a great idea with any coffee flavor. Whether you want a basic breakfast blend or want a flavored coffee, this bomb goes well with nearly any flavor. The mild white chocolate is smooth and simple in almost any coffee. You'll also love how it pairs well with the mild coffee for more of a sweet drink than a bitter coffee that some may imagine.
What Can I Add to the Inside of the Coffee Bomb?
A coffee bomb usually includes just the coffee creamer, but much like a hot cocoa bomb, you might prefer adding something else to the inside. It's designed to mix into your coffee, so think about the different things you might ordinarily add to coffee. Below are some great ideas.
- Different flavors of coffee creamer.
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, apple pie spice, or pumpkin pie spice.
- Sprinkles or candy pieces.
- Crushed peppermint.
- Vanilla extract, mint extract, coconut extract, maple extract, rum extract, or bourbon extract.
- Flavored coffee syrups.
If using liquid ingredients, you will want to create these just before using and be very careful as they will make a greater mess if broken without being placed inside the mug with coffee as intended.
Do Coffee Bombs Need to Be Refrigerated?
Generally speaking, the coffee bomb, like a hot cocoa bomb, will not require refrigeration. If you live in a hot or humid climate, you may prefer to add to the refrigerator to make sure it doesn't unnecessarily melt or weep from the heat.
- White chocolate chips or candy melts
- Powdered coffee creamer
Useful Kitchen Tools
How to Make a Starbucks Blonde White Mocha Coffee Bomb
Place a plate into the freezer.
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate on high for 45-seconds. If not melted, continue heating at reduced power in 30-second increments until melted.
Stir and heat until all lumps are gone and chocolate is smooth.
Use a spoon or pastry brush and coat the inside of the silicone mold with an even layer of chocolate.
Repeat this for all 6 spaces in the mold.
Wipe off any excess chocolate on top of the mold.
Place the mold into the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
Remove the plate from the freezer along with the chocolate mold.
Take the half circles out of the mold and place on the frozen plate.
Spoon 1-2 tablespoons coffee creamer and any other additions into three of the half spheres.
Lightly heat the edge of the other sphere halves and place them on top of the ones holding the creamer. You may also use extra chocolate and pipe or spread at the seams to secure.
If desired, use additional chocolate to drizzle over the tops of the coffee bombs and add sprinkles.
To use the coffee bomb, place it into a coffee mug and cover it with freshly brewed hot coffee. Stir to incorporate into the coffee.
More Fun Recipes
I love making special treats like this that are simple but fun to serve. Adding something unique to your menu as a snack or treat just gives you something to look forward to each day. Whether you want a drink or a snack, below are some of my favorite little treats to add to the menu to celebrate special days or just treat yourself at the end of a long day.
- Creamy Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Rich Milk Chocolate Hot Chocolate Bombs Recipe
- Delightfully Delicious Unicorn Hot Cocoa Bombs Recipe
- Decadent White Chocolate Hot Cocoa Bombs
- The Best Ever Easy Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- Decadent No Bake Chocolate Coconut Balls Recipe
- The Easiest White Chocolate OREO Cheesecake Truffles
When making chocolate bombs for coffee or cocoa, I prefer using candy melts over traditional chocolate chips in most instances. There is no need to add additional oils to the mixture, and since they are made specifically for this purpose, they work much better and with fewer lumps or struggles when melting. Wilton candy melts are readily available online but also near most cake decorating or wedding decor departments in hobby and craft stores.
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 6 tbsp vanilla powdered coffee creamer
- Place a plate into the freezer.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate on high for 45-seconds. If not melted, continue heating at reduced power in 30-second increments until melted.
- Stir and heat until all lumps are gone and chocolate is smooth.
- Use a spoon or pastry brush and coat the inside of the silicone mold with an even layer of chocolate.
- Repeat this for all 6 spaces in the mold.
- Wipe off any excess chocolate on top of the mold.
- Place the mold into the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the plate from the freezer along with the chocolate mold.
- Take the half circles out of the mold and place onto the frozen plate.
- Spoon 1-2 tablespoons coffee creamer and any other additions into three of the half spheres.
- Lightly heat the edge of the other sphere halves and place on top of the ones holding the creamer. You may also use extra chocolate and pipe or spread at the seams to secure.
- If desired, use additional chocolate to drizzle over the tops of the coffee bombs and add sprinkles.
- To use the coffee bomb, place into a coffee mug and cover with freshly brewed hot coffee. Stir to incorporate into the coffee.
These can be made with any flavored powdered creamer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 384Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 57mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 0gSugar: 36gProtein: 3g