These easy cinnamon roll french toast roll ups will satisfy your cravings in a jiffy! These are perfect for breakfast, but hey, we can have them all day!
Let’s talk a little about cinnamon rolls you guys. We both have a mutual love (read: obsession!) for cinnamon rolls! It starts of with having one or two at the cafe/bakery and turns into packing 8 for home. Who else is guilty of this? Raise your hand!
And guess what guys?! THESE TASTE EXACTLY LIKE CINNAMON ROLLS!! Just minus all the hassle that goes into making them from scratch!
There’s only one major problem with these roll ups – they’re so darn easy to make! Ever since we first made this recipe, we’ve definitely made it some 3 times during the same week!
But it’s for breakfast so you have to eat like a king (and queen!) for breakfast right? Yes that’s how we justify it to ourselves every night haha!
Sometimes having dessert for breakfast is actually a good thing – trust me it keeps us sane!
We stuffed these delicious french toast roll ups with cinnamon filling and topped them off with a cream cheese glaze!! Both of these are no cook and should be ready in no time! SO GOOD!
These are absolutely perfect if you have friends or family coming over for brunch – they’re SUCH a crowd pleaser! We’ve had friends having these as soon as they were off the pan because they just taste so darn good!
Dunk them into the cream cheese glaze or put it off as a topping – it’ll taste amazing either way! These have definitely become our go-to brunch recipe when we are cooking for friends.
Do read all the notes at the bottom of the recipe for tips on making these delicious little things!
- 12 slices of white bread, crusts removed
- butter for greasing the pan
Cream Cheese Topping
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter (See Note 1)
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 1/2 tbsp powdered (icing) sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter (See Note 1)
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- Combine all ingredients for the cream cheese topping together and mix thoroughly, and set aside. Repeat this step for the cinnamon filling.
- Prepare the egg mixture by slightly beating the egg and adding milk to it. Mix well.
- Combine caster sugar and cinnamon powder in a plate and set aside.
- Remove crusts from the white bread slices and with the help of a rolling pin, roll up the bread flat. (See Note 2)
- Spread 1/2 to 3/4 tbsp worth of cinnamon filling onto the bread and roll up. You do not need anything to help this stick together as the filling will do that for you.
- In a non-stick pan, heat a little butter on a low to medium heat. Dip the roll ups into the egg mixture and place on the frying pan. We do about 4 to 5 at a time depending on the size of the pan.
- Keep turning the french toast every 30 to 45 seconds or until slightly golden brown on one side.
- Remove from pan when every side is down (should take you 2 to 3 minutes at most) and immediately put them in the coating mixture prepared early.
- Serve with cream cheese glaze as a topping or for dipping.
1. Make sure the butter is at room temperature and soft for this recipe. Don't heat the butter or the texture of the filling and topping will be too liquid-y.
2. While rolling the bread, make sure the ends are rolled properly as these tend to puff up again later. When that happens, your roll up won't stay together properly (happened to us once when we first did it!).
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 212Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 184mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 4g
Liked this recipe?!! Then you’ll absolutely LOVE our BOSTON CREAM PANCAKES!! Yes, you read that right! These pancakes are legit food porn – they’re everything you can imagine them to be! Creamy, chocolatey and fluffy – perfect for a Sunday brunch or your next cheat day! YUM!