Vanilla candy coating, cookies, and sprinkles come together for this easy dipped Oreo pops idea! I love making these for Christmas and holiday gatherings, but a quick change in sprinkle colors and you have a great treat for any time of year or holiday!
Dipped Oreo Pops
I am pretty sure that this is the invention of some mom who was struggling with an idea for a class party at 3 am. You know what? I am glad! It's just so easy to do and so good! Oreo cookies are just the best, but adding some chocolate coating and sprinkles turn them into another level of incredible. Since these are so easy, they have become a great choice for sharing at parties, with friends at holiday events, or wrapping and adding into a gift basket.
If you like this idea, then I know you'll also like the hot cocoa charcuterie board and how this would fit onto that platter so beautifully. You can also add some chocolate peppermint candy or even these hilarious but delicious reindeer poop Oreo truffles. The holidays are ideal for sharing delicious treats using favorite flavors in fun new ways!
What's the Best Chocolate for Dipping?
While these are white, they are not truly white chocolate. Actual white chocolate just doesn't melt well for dipping foods, so instead, I recommend using a white candy coating, vanilla candy coating, or almond bark. Almond bark is the most commonly used choice that has a mild flavor and melts well for projects like this one.
What Can I Decorate These With?
What you sprinkle on the outside of these Oreo pops really depends on what season or holiday you are decorating them for. I love using sprinkles, but there are tons of great ideas to add to this, and below are a few I love.
- Candy beads or pearls.
- Sprinkles in any color or size. Consider using themed sprinkles with mini stars, trees, elves, etc.
- Drizzles of chocolate or colored candy coating.
- Colored sugar in holiday color themes.
- Edible gold leaf on top of chocolate drizzles.
- Crushed candy like peppermint, toffee bits, M&M's, or Reese's pieces.
- Cookie crumbs.
- Chopped peanuts, pecans, walnuts, pistachios, or almonds.
Can I Use Other Sandwich Cookies?
Yes! The same principle is used for this no matter what cookie you put inside. I love the idea of using different holiday flavors. The mint Oreo cookies would fit inside this amazingly, but you could also use different colored ones.
When using different flavors of Oreo or other sandwich cookies, add some kind of hint on the outside of the pops to tell you what each one is so they are easy to distinguish on a party tray. You can also add a bit of gel food coloring to the white candy melts and add the holiday color as a drizzle of chocolate on top of these after dipping.
How Do I Store These?
Unlike some truffle, dipped items, and candies you can make around the holidays, this is a little different to the store. When serving, I find they look best propped into a glass-like shown below. You can add candy pieces, marshmallows, or pebbles into the glass and then stick the dipped Oreo pops into it to stand up tall, but what about what to do with the leftovers?
Since these can get stale if sitting out for long, you want to put them into a container or package. When gifting, I like to wrap them in a cellophane bag turned upside down and tied with a twist tie to seal. If storing to eat later, I place them lying flat inside a plastic storage container to keep them from breaking. For the times when I don't care if they look pretty or not, I can drop them into a Ziploc storage bag.
- Oreo cookies
- Candy coating
- Coconut oil
- Crushed peppermint candy
- Shredded coconut
- Green gel food color
- Holiday sprinkles
How to Make Dipped Oreo Pops
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a microwave-safe container, melt the candy coating in 30-second increments, stirring each time, until almost melted. Do not overheat as this will burn.
Once melted, add in a bit of coconut oil and stir to combine. Heat an additional 30-seconds if needed.
Place a lollipop stick into the middle of each Oreo cookie so it is about halfway into the filling.
Stir well and then dip each cookie into the coating until it is completely covered.
Let excess drip off and then lay flat on the lined baking sheet.
Immediately top with sprinkles, coconut flakes, or candy pieces.
Store in an airtight container until ready to enjoy!
More Tasty Christmas Treat Recipes
These are such a fun treat to make for holiday gatherings. I especially love how they are portion controlled and self-serve. No plates or forks needed! If you want more ideas to add to your holiday treat menu, check out some of my favorites below!
- Copycat Subway White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies Recipe
- Decadent White Chocolate Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Rich Milk Chocolate Hot Chocolate Bombs Recipe
- Creamy Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Christmas Tree Marshmallow Pops
- Reindeer Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
To really make these look fancy for displaying at a party or gifting, invest in some super cute sprinkles. These aren't the ordinary ones you find in your baking section. Instead, buy the peppermint hot chocolate sprinkle mix or the ugly Christmas sweater sprinkle mix. These blends have unique shapes and added flavors that really add pizazz to your cookie pops!
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 1 ½ cups almond bark
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place a lollipop stick into the middle of each Oreo cookie so it is about halfway into the filling.
- In a microwave safe container, melt the candy coating in 30-second increments, stirring each time, until almost melted. Do not overheat as this will burn.
- Once melted, add in a bit of coconut oil and stir to combine. Heat an additional 30-seconds if needed.
- Stir well and then dip each cookie into the coating until it is completely covered. Let excess drip off and then lay flat on the lined baking sheet.
- Immediately top with sprinkles, coconut flakes, or candy pieces.
- If the Oreo cookie falls off the stick into the chocolate, you will need to thin the chocolate and reheat more. An additional ½ tsp coconut oil should fix this problem.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
White Chocolate Covered Oreo Pops White Chocolate with | Etsy
Chocolate dipped Peanut butter filled OREO Pops 1 Dozen | Etsy
Oreo Pops/ Dipped Oreos | Etsy
Woodland animals Oreo cookie pops / Forest animals party favor | Etsy
Hoilday Oreo cookie pops / Christmas party favor / chocolate | Etsy
Rainbow Oreo Pops 1 Dozen | Etsy
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 88mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g