Need a fun and easy breakfast? Look no further than this easy breakfast tortilla wrap! Similar to a breakfast burrito, it’s a bit easier to assemble and cooks up in minutes to create a delicious on-the-go breakfast. Inspired by the popular TikTok wrap hack, it’s a fun way to get kids into the kitchen and super easy to customize with all of your favorite breakfast flavors!
Easy Breakfast Tortilla Wrap
If you’ve seen this breakfast wrap hack already, you are probably like me and love how great it looks and is to make. My favorite part is that it is something I can let my kids make if they want a snack and I don’t want to go to the kitchen. Plus, this folding technique makes this a much less messy breakfast option than our favorite burrito recipes.
What Size Tortilla Should I Use?
For this example, a 10″ flour tortilla. You can use any sized tortilla you have on hand, but smaller ones will limit how much you can put inside the wrap. However, I like the idea of using the smaller tortillas to make a child-sized portion or to make batches of different flavors so you can have one with sausage and one with bacon if you prefer and not have to cut them in half to do so.
What Can I Put Inside My Wrap?
The best part of these wraps is that you can put anything you want inside of them. Need a vegetarian option? How about vegan? All are options with this and easy to manage. You can put anything you want into them and just follow the basic steps to assemble and cook. Below are some ideas that make great breakfast wraps.
- Meats: turkey sausage, pork sausage, chicken sausage, sausage links instead of patties, bacon, veggie crumbles or veggie strips, grilled chicken, ham, or pork chops
- Vegetables: Onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, squash, zucchini, or cabbage
- Cheese: Cheddar, mozzarella, feta, fontina, swiss, gouda, or goat cheese
- Starch: Hash browns, cubed potatoes, mashed potatoes, sweet potato, corn, tater tots, or fries
- Sauces: Salsa, sriracha, hot sauce, or verde sauce
We also make sure to keep sour cream and sliced jalapenos on hand to add to any wrap after it is cooked. While it’s a bit unusual to add sour cream to breakfast, I definitely do when potatoes and cheese are involved.
Tip for Prepping Ingredients Ahead of Time
While the actual wrap making is easy and fast, the ingredients may not always be so easy to have ready in a hurry. So, when I know these are going to be on our menu, I like to prepare things in batches and have them on hand to simply assemble.
- Prepare meats in advance or get ready to eat varieties that only need to be heated before serving. I make oven baked bacon once a week so it’s ready to add to meals. It takes no time in the oven and is much easier than frying daily. Plus, I like the flavor of my local butcher bacon better than packaged ready-made options. Look for heat and serve sausage or have sliced deli ham on hand for the meat in your wraps.
- Slice vegetables when you bring them home from the grocery store. I use this method for snacking and meal prep every week. Just wash, dry, slice, dice, and portion and I grab when needed throughout the week. If using in wraps, you can prepare them by roasting, sauteing, or baking ahead of time too.
- Make eggs in the microwave just before wrapping. Spray a microwave-safe bowl with non-stick spray, then crack eggs into the bowl, season, and whisk. For 1 – 3 eggs, microwave on high for 1 minute. If needed, add additional 30-second increments of time until cooked through. They are light, fluffy, and easy to make, even for kids.
Can I Make These Ahead of Time?
Yes, if you want to make them something easy to heat and go, you can make them ahead of time. While they are truly a 5-minute meal if ingredients are prepared already, it’s handy sometimes to have assembly done. I like this especially if kids are helping with their own breakfast, or if I am making these for a crowd. Every time-saving option is a great addition to my life.
Prepare up to the point of cooking, then wrap in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To freeze them, place the wrapped wraps into a large Ziploc freezer bag and label then date it. When ready to serve, you can thaw overnight in the refrigerator and heat as directed, or add additional cook time to cook from frozen.
- Scrambled eggs
- Hash brown
- Cheddar cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Flour tortilla
Handy Kitchen Tools
How to Make a Breakfast Tortilla Wrap
Heat breakfast meat, hash brown, and prepare eggs as desired.
Fold a large tortilla in half, then in half again, creating 4 equal quadrants.
From the center to edge, cut a single line so the bottom half of the tortilla is split in two.
Place ingredients on each quadrant. You can mix the ingredients for a little of each on each quadrant.
Or make them with a breakfast meat on one, scrambled eggs on one, hash brown on one, and cheese on one.
You can also divide the hash brown into two pieces and place on two quadrants with cheese on each. Additionally, add some cheese on eggs if desired.
Fold the bottom quadrant up over the hash brown.
Then fold both of those over the sausage.
Finally, fold it over the eggs creating a triangle wrap.
Heat a griddle, skillet, or panini press then place the wrap onto it for 1-2 minutes per side or until lightly toasted and cheese is melted.
Serve whole or sliced in half with favorite sauce.
More Breakfast Recipes
Breakfast happens to be a favorite meal in my house, and that means we always have fun options to whip up. Whether you want something fast and easy, or have time to bake a delicate frittata, the list below has something sure to please you and your family for breakfast or brunch.
- Cinnamon French Toast Bread Pudding with Glaze
- Fresh Blueberry Muffins Recipe with Crumble Topping
- 25 Sweet Bread Recipes for Heavenly Breakfasts
- The Best Fluffy Homemade Belgian Waffle Recipe
- Burst Tomato Frittata with Fontina and Basil Oil
- 4 eggs
- 8 sausage patties
- 4 hash brown patties
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat breakfast meat, hash brown, and prepare eggs as desired.
- Fold a large tortilla in half, then in half again, creating 4 equal quadrants.
- From the center to edge, cut a single line so the bottom half of the tortilla is split in two.
- Place ingredients on each quadrant.
- Breakfast meat on one, scrambled eggs on one, hash brown on one, and cheese on one.
- You can also divide the hash brown into two pieces and place on two quadrants with cheese on each. Additionally, add some cheese on eggs if desired.
- Fold the bottom quadrant up over the hash brown.
- Then fold both of those over the sausage.
- Finally fold it over the eggs creating a triangle wrap.
- Heat a griddle, skillet, or panini press then place the wrap onto it for 1-2 minutes per side or until lightly toasted and cheese is melted.
- Serve whole or sliced in half with favorite sauce.
Add your favorite breakfast ingredients to create a wrap you love. Serve with salsa or hot sauce on the side for dipping.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 400Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 253mgSodium: 680mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 23g