Whether you call this strawberry cheesecake dessert lasagna or an icebox dessert, it is sure to become a favorite easy recipe. The preparation takes no time and once chilled, it's delicious, creamy, and just sweet enough without being too sweet. A great way to satisfy your cravings for cheesecake without the work!
No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Dessert Lasagna
Cheesecake should be my middle name as much as I love this dessert. There is nothing like the delicious cheesecake flavor to satisfy, and it doesn't matter to me whether it is no-bake a pudding or a traditional baked cheesecake. I love them all.
This recipe reminds me of the icebox desserts that my mom often made when I was a child. Layered with crust, a cream cheese layer, and fruit or pudding, they were the hit of every potluck we attended. This recipe will become one of your favorites and is a perfect use for those fresh strawberries you have on hand.
Why is it Called a Lasagna?
While nothing at all like a baked Italian dish, it is often called "lasagna" due to the layering of the ingredients. As mentioned above, it will typically include a crust, cheesecake layer, fruit layer, and pudding or whipped topping layer.
If you want a more traditional no-bake option, you can make this fluffy no-bake strawberry cheesecake. It is a mixture of cheesecake and gelatin which creates a stable dessert that is fantastic! You might also prefer the basic strawberry lemon cheesecake bars instead.
Can I Use Different Fruit?
Yes! One of the best things about this easy no-bake recipe is just how versatile it is to make. Not only can you use different fruits, but you can also use other ingredients in place of the fruit. Below are some great substitutions that we love using with this!
- Replace the strawberries with blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, peaches, or mango.
- Use a layer of strawberry pie filling, apple pie filling, blackberry pie filling, blueberry pie filling, peach pie filling, or cherry pie filling instead of fresh fruits.
- Replace the fruit layer with your favorite pudding or gelatin. Chocolate, butterscotch, lemon, and banana are excellent pudding choices while lemon, strawberry, lime, and orange are favorite when using gelatin.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts, cookie crumbs, or candy pieces on top in place of the fresh berries. You can even use miniature chocolate chips.
Can I Replace the Cool Whip with Whipped Cream?
While whipped cream is definitely a "better for you" choice since it has limited ingredients, it is not the best choice for this recipe. You need a stable option that won't deflate when stored, and whipped topping (Cool Whip), is just the best option. If you prefer a healthier option, you can look into coconut whipped cream or topping, as well as the brand TruWhip which is a better clean option to replace the common Cool Whip.
Note: If you will be serving this the same day and do not expect to have leftovers, you can use whipped cream instead. Just make sure you fold it into the cream cheese mixture rather than beating it into the mixture.
How Long is Dessert Lasagna Good?
This is good when stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. It is best within the first 2 days as the berries can release more liquid after that time, and can make the bottom layer a bit runny. However, it is typically safe and still delicious for up to 4 days after you first prepare.
Can I Freeze This?
Yes! One of the best things about this recipe is that you can so easily make it ahead of time and freeze it until the day before. I've even been known to make these and pull them out of the freezer just an hour before serving for a slightly frozen option. When still frozen, it tastes more like an ice cream treat and is definitely popular with the kids.
However, when freezing this, remember that once it is thawed, the "shelf-life" may be less than the normal 4 days. This happens because once thawed, some of the ingredients may have a bit more liquid to change the texture.
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Unsalted butter
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Frozen whipped topping
Handy Kitchen Tools
How to Make a Dessert Lasagna
In a medium bowl, combine 2 cups of the cookie crumbs with the melted butter and stir until combined and the cookie crumbs are moist.
Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9"x13" pan evenly, then loosely cover and place into the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until mostly combined, then mix in 1 container of the whipped topping (8-ounces). Don't over-mix the mixture, but make sure it is well combined.
Remove the crust from the freezer, then spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust evenly.
Top the cheesecake mixture with the sliced strawberries, reserving 4 to 5 berries for later.
Spread the remaining container of whipped topping over the top of the berry and cheesecake mixture, then loosely cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Before serving, sprinkle the top with remaining graham cracker crumbs and sliced berries.
Slice and serve with additional berries if desired!
More Cheesecake Recipes
Cheesecake is definitely one of those recipes you can make and know that everyone will love. Trust me, there are never too many options when it comes to this, and so below I am sharing a few more great choices you are going to love. Bookmark, pin, or print these recipes and save them for later!
- The Best Chocolate Cheesecake with Ganache Topping
- Delicious Banana Pudding Cheesecake with Chessman Cookies
- The Perfect New York Style Cheesecake Recipe
- Roasted Blueberry Cheesecake with Candied Meyer Lemon
- The Best No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs, divided (365 gm)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted (114 gm)
- 8-ounce cream cheese, softened (225 gm)
- 1 cup powdered sugar (121 gm)
- 16 oz thawed Cool Whip (453 gm)
- 1 pound strawberries, sliced (454 gm)
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 cups of the cookie crumbs with the melted butter and stir until combined and the cookie crumbs are moist.
- Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9"x13" pan evenly, then loosely cover and place into the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until mostly combined, then mix in 1 container of the whipped topping (8-ounces). Don't over-mix the mixture, but make sure it is well combined.
- Remove the crust from the freezer, then spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust evenly.
- Top the cheesecake mixture with the sliced strawberries, reserving 4 to 5 berries for later.
- Spread the remaining container of whipped topping over the top of the berry and cheesecake mixture, then loosely cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle the top with remaining graham cracker crumbs and sliced berries.
If your strawberries are not sweet, slice the berries, then place them into a bowl along with 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 tablespoon water for one hour.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
AmazonCommercial Stainless Steel Whisk, 14 Inch
Chef'n Hand-Held Slicer Strawberry Slicester, Updated Design, Cherry/Meringue,102-712-400
OXO Good Grips Freezer-to-Oven Safe 3 Qt Glass Baking Dish with Lid
Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Electric Hand Mixer, Beaters and Whisk, with Snap-On Storage Case, White
TEEVEA Silicone Spatula Set Rubber Jar Spoon Spatula Kitchen Utensils Non-Stick Heat Resistant for Scraping Cooking Baking Mixing Tools 4 Pack
6 Pcs Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls with Lids,YIHONG Metal Nesting Mixing Bowls Set for Mixing, Baking,Serving,Food Prep, Size 7, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.5QT, with Colorful Non-Slip Bottoms
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 377Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 151mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 3g