Lightweight and delicious, this Persian Shirazi salad that goes with literally anything! It longer it stays, the better it tastes. This is definitely going to become a staple in your house!
Having lived in Dubai for more than a year, we really picked up on quite a lot of ethnic recipes from here and there – it helped that the city is so ethnically diverse! This salad was shared by a dear friend of mine and tastes amazing. Simple ingredients, but packed with flavor!
One thing we love about Persian salads is that the ingredients you need for the salads are so basic, most of you would already have them lying around in the house. Plus, they’re incredibly versatile – they go so well with a variety of entres! As always, this one would not take you more than 10 minutes of prep time. Make loads of it and have it with your lunch and dinner.
On a side note, do you know how incredibly difficult it is to photograph a square/rectangle plate? We absolutely hate photographing food on square plates – to all food bloggers out there, please tell us we’re not the only ones? Somehow the pictures still turned out pretty good and we’re definitely more than satisfied with them.
So now on to the recipe!
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 3 cucumbers
- 1/2 medium white onion
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 cup finely chopped mint
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Deseed the tomatoes and chop them into bite size cubes. Dice the cucumbers as well.
- Finely chop the white onion and set aside.
- Mix the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and black pepper together and give a quick whisk.
- Toss all ingredients together and serve fresh.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 360Total Fat: 11.3gSaturated Fat: 1.8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 316mgCarbohydrates: 15.1gFiber: 4.3gSugar: 6.3gProtein: 3.5g