Not only are these spicy beef tacos an absolute delight to eat, but they're also absolutely beautiful!! Need to impress your guests next time they come over? This one's for you!
Taco Tuesday anyone?? We consider tacos as a gift from God. And so naturally we've been working on a recipe of tacos for the blog since a few weeks! And after some trial and error, we are proud to announce that we've finally found the most delicious and simple recipe of tacos ever!!
These tacos are the best ones we've ever had!! You can trust us on that one. We both literally rushed through the photograph-taking bit for this recipe because we just wanted to gobble down all of them. They were literally gone in 10 minutes YUM!
What's best is that this recipe comes with our special Tangy Homemade Guacamole Dip, which is perfect with this and tastes better than any store bought or restaurant bought guacamole you'll ever have. It's perfect with tacos, nachos, in a burger - you name it!
We've already made this recipe twice for our friends here in Malaysia and they've all loved it just as much. We can't wait for you to try this out too!
This recipe is actually really simple, but the result is A-A-AMAZING!! ? You can add more veggies to it if you like, but for us this combination is amazing!
So we told you guys the big news in yesterday's Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Garlic Parmesan Crust post (head over there if you haven't seen that recipe yet! It's cheesy and perfect!). In case you missed it, we've shifted to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia ?? since January 2016!!
We've both separately lived in Malaysia at one point in our lives (long before we even knew each other) so this country has always been really close to both of us. Aena has actually spent a big part of her childhood in the 90's here so this is what she has known as home for quite a part of her life.
One of the best things about Malaysia is definitely the food - SO GOOD! There is so much culture in this country and the food is diverse and beautiful. The Asian influence will start showing up in our posts soon since we really want to learn new dishes and put it up for you guys. We're both constantly trying new food here and learning more and more about Asian cuisine.
Arvin, well, has always been good as ethnic Asian cuisine (given his part-East Asian roots), so this really couldn't get better than this! We'll try and show you more of the country too - maybe it can be your next vacation destination?! You won't be disappointed here!
So yes, the SPICY BEEF TACOS ?. They're everything you'd want them to be - crunchy, spicy, fresh and with a nice and creamy homemade guacamole - YUM! The ingredients go super well together and gives you perfect tacos each time!
So, as promised yesterday, we'll be adding tips for each recipe in every post we write! These will also be included in the notes section of each recipe so you have them on hand when you print the recipe. Take these tips as a FAQs so it's easy for you all to make it. We'll keep updating this section as the questions come in from you guys in the comments below so it's easy for everyone! But don't worry, we'll be replying to the comments as well as always!
Chef Tips ?
- Make sure you are using the right kind of tortillas or taco shells. Heat them up before filling so they don't break off.
- Use fresh ingredients to get the best flavor! Using different colors of bell peppers not only adds to the taste, but makes the tacos look BEAUTIFUL!
- For an extra crunch and flavor, add half the onions 2 minutes before taking the meat off the stove.
- Always try and get a block of cheese and shred it yourself instead of buying pre-shredded cheese. Trust us it makes a HUGE difference!
- Top off with our Homemade Tangy Guacamole dip and some sour cream for an extra kick!
So let's get ready for the recipe!! ?
Spicy Beef Tacos with Tangy Guacamole
Need to impress your guests next time they come over? No problem, in 20 minutes you can whip up these spicy beef tacos and leave them in awe!
- 12 tortillas or taco shells
- 400g minced meat
- 200g tomato puree
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup shredded white and red cabbage
- ⅓ cup finely diced red, green and yellow bell peppers
- ½ fresh jalapeno, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 tablespoon sour cream
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup Homemade Tangy Guacamole
- Start off by shredding the cabbages and chopping the bell peppers, garlic and onion.
- In a pan, heat oil on medium heat and cook the garlic and onions for 1 minute, while constantly stirring to avoid the onions from burning.
- Add in the minced meat and cook on medium heat till the meat changes to a whitish color indicating that it's half cooked. Keep stirring the medium to avoid any burning bits.
- Add the tomato puree, spices and chopped jalapeno and let it cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Heat the tortillas or taco shells. Start assembling the tacos.
- Add in the meat mixture first, followed by the the cheese. Heat for 20 seconds in the microwave or till the cheese melts.
- Add the cabbage, bell peppers to the tacos and top off with the guacamole and sour cream.
- Serve hot and fresh.
1. Make sure you are using the right kind of tortillas or taco shells. Heat them up before filling so they don't break off.
2. Use fresh ingredients to get the best flavor! Using different colors of bell peppers not only adds to the taste, but makes the tacos look BEAUTIFUL!
3. For an extra crunch and flavor, add half the onions 2 minutes before taking the meat off the stove.
4. Always try and get a block of cheese and shred it yourself instead of buying pre-shredded cheese. Trust us it makes a HUGE difference!
5. Top off with our Homemade Tangy Guacamole dip and some sour cream for an extra kick!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 332Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 530mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 15g
Do make sure to check out our Homemade Tangy Guacamole recipe which goes perfectly with these Spicy Beef Tacos! It's loads better than any store bought guacamole you've ever had, and what's best isthat it's super fresh! You will LOVE it! Head over there now. See you guys tomorrow with a new recipe!
Join the Discussion