Feta cheese can be used for so many different recipes!! It’s absolutely delicious when it’s marinated to perfection! Feta cheese is going to be your new favorite thing we’re sure!!
There’s something about feta cheese that completely makes me love it! And Arvin loves it just as much. It’s salty, yet creamy and just perfect. Feta cheese can also be the star ingredient in salads, as in our Beetroot and Feta Cheese Salad – which has been going viral on Pinterest lately!
If you’ve been following our blog for a while, you’d probably already know that Arvin and I used to live in Dubai before we moved to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia ??. And this feta cheese obsession of mine probably started from the Middle East.
People in that region use feta cheese in so many delicious salads. Plus they have some of the most delicious marinated feta cheese I’ve ever had!! So this recipe is basically inspired by all the delicious ones we’ve had in Dubai. Trust me, once you get a taste of this marinated feta cheese recipe, you will never want to have the plain one again!
This recipe makes a zesty and spicy feta cheese with beautiful thyme flavors. It’s really simple to make but makes all the difference in the world.
You can use this in your favorite salad recipe or just eat it with a cracker (how I always do it!) – it will taste amazing every time you have it! The spices and the oil will help the feta cheese last longer and you can store it for up to 2 weeks!
The chef tips for today will be simple, just like this delicious recipe.
- The feta cheese starts tasting better after 2-3 days of making it since by that time most of the flavors have infused beautifully into it. So try to make this in advance and store it. We always make a batch even before the other one finishes – yes we both really do love it!
- You can use different herbs in this recipe apart from what we have mentioned. Dill and rosemary go really well with feta cheese as well!
- The oil can also be used in salads, for cooking etc as it will have a rich flavor to it too – so don’t waste the oil after having all the feta cheese!
- You can store this up to 2 weeks.
So here’s the recipe!!
- 250g feta cheese
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4-5 sprigs of thyme
- 4 red chilies, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Cut feta cheese into small cubes (about 1 cm x 1 cm big).
- Add a few feta cheese cubes in a mason jar and add a little bit of olive oil in it.
- Add a little bit of thyme leaves, chopped red chili and lemon juice in the jar.
- Layer again with more feta cheese and repeat the process till the entire jar is filled with the herbs, spices and feta cheese.
- Add more oil till the feta cheese is completed submerged in the olive oil.
- Add a slice of lemon in the jar as well to add more flavor.
- Give it a gentle stir before sealing the jar and placing it in the fridge. Feta cheese tastes even better after 2 days! (read notes)
- Serve on salads, with crackers etc.
- Use within 2 weeks of making this recipe.
1. The feta cheese starts tasting better after 2-3 days of making it since by that time most of the flavors have infused beautifully into it. So try to make this in advance and store it. We always make a batch even before the other one finishes - yes we both really do love it!
2. You can use different herbs in this recipe apart from what we have mentioned. Dill and rosemary go really well with feta cheese as well!
3. The oil can also be used in salads, for cooking etc as it will have a rich flavor to it too - so don't waste the oil after having all the feta cheese!
4. You can store this up to 2 weeks.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 670 Total Fat: 68g Saturated Fat: 17g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 49g Cholesterol: 56mg Sodium: 579mg Carbohydrates: 9g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 10g
Liked this recipe? You will love it with our Beetroot and Feta Cheese Salad! This salad has the perfect balance of sweet and salty from the beetroot and feta cheese – SO good! Super healthy and tastes even better! No wonder it’s going viral!! See you tomorrow guys!
<a href=”https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14438111/?claim=rhesdmgfd38″>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>