Eveyone loves recipes that are easy to whip up, and pesto pasta has got to be on the top of the list for that! We absolutely love how the sauce is no-cook – delicious! The crunch and taste of the zucchini perfectly compliments the pesto and overall you’ll feel like you’re in pasta heaven after making this one!
One thing we know for sure is that pesto has to be our favorite pasta sauce – and that holds true for both of us! We can just never pass on pesto and really we feel that it sometimes doesn’t get all the credit it deserves. Let’s do a little checklist for the pesto sauce:
Easy to make? Check✓
No cook sauce? Check ✓
Less than 5 ingredients? Check ✓
Delicious? Double check ✓✓
If you haven’t made pesto sauce before, you’re definitely in for a treat today! We cut zucchini really thin for this one so it mimics the look of spaghetti – and makes it all the more tasty. Just quickly stir fry the zucchini and it’s done. The trick is to start at a medium to high heat with the olive oil lightly hot and to quickly stir fry the zucchini for 1 to maximum 2 minutes and take it out of the pan quickly.
Also, on a slightly different note, we have been receiving some messages and emails requesting for different recipes and we’ve lined them up already to share with you guys. If you have other requests, just comment at the end of this post!
Let’s get down to some yummy pesto zucchini spaghetti, shall we?
- 200 grams spaghetti
- 4 medium zucchinis
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- pesto sauce (recipe follows)
For Pesto Sauce
- 40 grams fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 teaspoon pine nuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
- Pasta: Cook the pasta in boiling hot water with salt added to it. Spaghetti normally takes 7 minutes to get al dente but follow the instructions on the packaging for optimum results. The pasta should be firm but not undercooked, so basically al dente.
- Pesto: Combine basil, garlic cloves, pine nuts in a blender and blend using a little olive oil at a time. Blend until it's smooth and add in parmesan cheese. Adjust with salt according to taste - if required.
- Zucchini: Start off by cutting the zucchini into thin slices and then cutting it in thin stripes so it mimics the shape of spaghettis. Heat cooking oil at a medium to high heat in a frying pan and stir fry zucchini for 1 to maximum 2 minutes. Make sure the zucchini does not get soggy - it should still be crunchy yet cooked.
- Assemble: Toss together the pesto sauce, zucchini and spaghetti. Garnish with parmesan cheese and serve while hot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 329 Total Fat: 28g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 23g Cholesterol: 4mg Sodium: 190mg Carbohydrates: 16g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 6g