These stuffed bell peppers have the most creamy mushroom sauce in them and trust us its to die for! Super quick to make and it’ll instantly become a hit around the dinner table!
These stuffed bell peppers will make you fall in love with them! Each bite has massive, delicious flavors – trust us people will be asking you for the recipe for this one when you make it!
Topped off with some mozzarella and cheddar cheese – and this is going to be the best stuffed bell peppers you’ve ever had! The perfect touch of mushroom and if you follow the recipe, the chicken will be cooked to perfection!
Hello everyone! We’re back, yet again, with a new recipe! And this one had me licking the sauce off the pan – LITERALLY! The stuffing is so good that for a good 10 minutes I was just sitting in the chicken licking it off the sauce pan before I remembered I had to take the pictures for this post!
It’s extremely easy to make and, as always, you won’t be needing a full army of ingredients! Follow our tips and recipe, and in about 30 minutes you’ll have the best stuffed bell peppers of your life!
[clickToTweet tweet=”These stuffed bell peppers have the most creamy mushroom sauce!” quote=”These stuffed bell peppers have the most creamy mushroom sauce!”]
Chef Tips ?
- If you cook the mushrooms on medium-low heat, more water comes out of it. And vice versa. So when adding the mushrooms to the pan, lower the heat for 2 minutes and then bring it back up. The water from the mushrooms will come out and the flavor will go more into the sauce and chicken. After that you can bring the heat back up to medium like before.
- Since all the stuffing will already be cooked, you don’t need to leave the bell peppers in the oven for a long time – just enough to cook them a bit and for the cheese to melt.
So here’s the recipe!
- 6 medium white button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 bell peppers (red, yellow and green)
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp white pepper
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ½ cup cream
- ¼ cup mozzarella and cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to to 400˚F or 200˚C.
- Take three bell peppers, and slice off the top section and remove the seeds from inside completely.
- In a pan on medium heat, add the cooking oil and saute the onions for 1 minute - while constantly stirring.
- Add in the chicken and cook till the chicken changes color.
- Lower the heat, and add in the mushrooms. Water will come out of the mushroom. Let the chicken cook in this water and stir occasionally.
- Once the color of the mushroom and chicken becomes slightly darker, add in the cream and stir continuously.
- Add in the spices and let the it cook for 2 more minutes or until the consistency is right.
- Stuff this mixture inside the bell peppers. And sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Place them on a baking tray and put them in the oven for 20 minutes or until slightly the bell peppers are charred from outside and the cheese has melted.
- Serve fresh.
2. Since all the stuffing will already be cooked, you don't need to leave the bell peppers in the oven for a long time - just enough to cook them a bit and for the cheese to melt.