Who doesn’t love pasta?! And who doesn’t like Mexican food?! Put the two together and we have the most delicious pasta recipe ever!! It’s super easy to make yet tastes like you put hours into it!
If you’re a big fan of Italian pasta but want a Mexican twist to it, then this recipe is definitely for you! We’ve been onto fusion recipes lately and made a Spicy Crunchy Kimchi Sandwich just a few days ago and trust me, it tastes DELICIOUS!! That made us think of other cuisines we love and fuse them together to make something amazing!
So naturally, Mexican pasta HAD TO HAPPEN! ?
This recipe is everything you can imagine it to be – it’s spicy, saucy and really cheesy! It tastes better than most recipes I’ve ever tried and is so super simple to make! You have got to try it out for yourself!
Hello everyone!! We’re back with a new recipe and this one is to DIE FOR! ?
The mix of Mexican spices with an otherwise Italian recipe is just so perfect! I can’t believe we didn’t make this earlier! Most of these ingredients are super simple to find and you probably have most of them in your pantry already.
So let’s talk about weather here for a bit. Kuala Lumpur has been so hot lately! The temperature is usually always in the 33˚C to 35˚C bracket (91˚F to 95˚F) but it feels like temperature has reached up to 47˚C!! That’s 116˚F! Talk about it being hot here lately!
Needless to say, Arvin and I have been melting here. And honestly, the temperature is not so much of a problem as much as the humidity is – God it’s so extremely humid here! Malaysia is near the equator and countries that are near the equator are usually very humid and have rain regularly – the latter being the savior!
As most of you would already know, we both used to live in Dubai till last year and the weather in the Middle East gets a bit extreme too. I remember our last day there was the hottest day of the year and Dubai was apparently the hottest city in the world on that day! I remember feeling like I was going to faint ?. So yes, Malaysia sometimes seems mild when I remember those days!This super cheesy Mexican pasta is easy to make yet tastes like you put hours into making it!Click To Tweet
Coming back to this recipe – you all have got to try this out this weekend! It won’t disappoint you, trust me! The mozzarella cheese just makes everything even better. The recipe is super simple, and so are the tips for it!
Chef Tips ?
- You can add a lot of vegetables to this recipe according to your taste. We suggest adding corn kernels, olives and even black beans!
- Add in the mozzarella cheese right at the end into the saucepan. Cover it with a lid and leave it on medium-low heat so that the cheese completely melts on the top. Alternatively, you could preheat the oven at 350˚F (180˚C) and put the pasta in the oven (in an oven safe dish) for 10 minutes before serving.
- This is a saucy pasta but it’s not overflowing with the sauce. Follow the instructions to a T and you should to just fine.
- Make sure to use tomato paste and NOT tomato puree.
- You can also add parmesan cheese on top as well as cheddar cheese to amp things up!
So here’s the recipe everyone!
- 400g beef tenderloin, cut into small strips
- 200g spaghetti, cooked
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter (optional)
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 tbsp each of red, yellow and green bell peppers, chopped into small dices
- 1 medium tomato (peeled, deseeded and chopped)
- 1 fresh jalapeno, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp cajun spice
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- ½ tbsp cayenne pepper powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- salt, to taste
- Start off by boiling the pasta. Cook according to instructions on the label (each pasta is made differently and hence follow the instructions). Once cooked, drain and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add the oil and butter and heat on medium setting.
- Add in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Then add the beef strips and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add in the tomato paste followed by the spices and jalapeno. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Now add the cooked spaghetti to this pan and stir well.
- After this, add the bell peppers, lime juice and stir well. Cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add the mozzarella cheese on top on the pasta, cover the pan with a lid and leave it on medium to low heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
2. Add in the mozzarella cheese right at the end into the saucepan. Cover it with a lid and leave it on medium-low heat so that the cheese completely melts on the top. Alternatively, you could preheat the oven at 350˚F (180˚C) and put the pasta in the oven (in a oven safe dish) for 10 minutes before serving.
3. This is a saucy pasta but it's not overflowing with the sauce. Follow the instructions to a T and you should to just fine.
4. Make sure to use tomato pasta and NOT tomato puree.
5. You can also add parmesan cheese on top as well as cheddar cheese to amp things up!
Liked this Mexican fusion recipe? Then you’ll definitely LOVE our Mexican Corn salad! This super easy and delicious salad is going to win your heart! Tastes completely authentic and will be ready in no time!! You definitely need to try out this recipe!!