Unless you’re living under a rock, you’ve probably heard of Sriracha sauce and used it quite often too. This deliciously spicy, tangy yet kind of sweet sauce is perfect with just about everything – with fries, in a sandwich, you name it! So we decided to combine two things we love – Sriracha and Quesadilla. You’ll love it too!
Quesadilla has to be one of the most well known and delicious foods out there – it’s easy to make, versatile and just perfect! Both of us run out of sriracha sauce SO quickly it’s insane. This recipe is perfect for anyone who is obsessed with it like us or who is trying sriracha sauce out for the first time – it really doesn’t get better than this!
We used mozzarella cheese in this recipe with very little sharp cheddar cheese, but you could totally add more if you like. Mozzarella cheese lets the flavors of the sriracha sauce shine and we just love how it’s always so stringy! You can also substitute cilantro for parsley in this recipe. One tip that might help you all make your quesadilla more stringy than it normally is is to get a block of mozzarella cheese and shred it yourself rather than buying shredded mozzarella – trust us, it makes such a big difference!
We topped it off with some sour cream – which is also in the recipe. Dipping it with sour cream while having the quesadillas makes them taste even better! You can totally use store bought sour cream for the recipe but we’ve included our homemade sour cream recipe as well.
Also, one tip so many people don’t know is that you can easily shred chicken in a food processor! Just keep pulsing it till it’s perfectly shredded – you’ll save so much time than if you manually shred it yourself! This just makes the recipe that much easier. So let’s go on to the recipe, we’ve sure you’ll love it!
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese - shredded
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese - shredded
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 3/4 cup sriracha sauce
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 5 10-inch tortilla breads
- Start off by shredding the chicken in a food processor - pulse it till the chicken is completely shredded. We started off with boiled chicken breasts but you can use some rotisserie chicken as well.
- Finely chop the parsley and shred the mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Combine the shredded chicken, sriracha sauce, parsley and sour cream together. Mix thoroughly until the sriracha sauce is coated on all the shredded chicken then add the cheeses and mix again.
- Place a tortilla bread in a pan/skillet over medium heat. Scoop one-fifth of the mixture onto half of the tortilla bread and hold into half.
- Let the cheese melt for 2 mins and then flip the quesadilla. Leave on the pan for another 2 minutes or until the cheese as melted.
- Cut into half and serve with sour cream.
To make homemade sour cream, take 4 tablespoons of whipping cream and add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice into it. Whip until slightly thick.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 301 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 65mg Sodium: 894mg Carbohydrates: 19g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 22g
Liked this sriracha recipe?! Then you’ll absolutely LOVE our Sriracha Mayo Grilled Corn recipe!! This corn recipe is unlike anything you’ve ever had!! It’s the perfect combination of spicy and cream with the crunch of the corn! We bet this will become your new favorite.