This Mongolian Beef recipe is super easy to make and uses simple, readily available ingredients! Whip this up in under 20 minutes and have the perfect mid-week dinner meal!
MONGOLIAN BEEF!! We’ve been trying to recreate the perfect Mongolian beef for the longest time and finally we have the perfect recipe for you guys! This recipe is really easy to make and uses simple ingredients that won’t scare you!
It’s deliciously crispy and not too spicy. It goes perfectly with rice, and is a life-saver on a busy mid-week night! Get ready for this recipe to become your new favorite mid-week meal!
Hello everyone!! And yet again, we have a new recipe for you guys! This recipe is delicious, quick, easy and just PERFECT!! With just a handful of ingredients, you can whip this up in under 20 minutes!
Arvin and I were both trained in classical French cuisine in culinary school, but both of us have always gravitated more towards Asian cuisine. We just love everything about it – from the richness of flavors to the variety of cooking techniques – it’s all so fascinating!! And by Asian I don’t mean just East Asian, but all of Asia – including India, Middle East etc!
So we’ve been focusing on more and more Asian recipes on our blog. This one being one of them!! Mongolian beef has a rich flavor without being too overpowering. It’s not spicy, yet very delicious and uses simple ingredients that are easily accessible to everyone! I’m sure you’re going to love this recipe! This recipe isn’t traditionally Mongolian, but is a highly popular Chinese takeout recipe! But trust me, this recipe tastes even better than P.F. Chang’s!
Chef Tips ?
- To make this recipe spicy, you can add 1 to 2 tsp of red chili flakes to it.
- You don’t need to marinate the beef beforehand in this recipe, unlike the other recipes for Mongolian beef. It’s the quickest and most delicious way of making it!
- Add an additional teaspoon of cornflour/cornstarch diluted in two teaspoons of water into the recipe if you want it to be slightly more thicker and stickier.
So here’s the recipe!!
- 2 pounds (1 kg) beef tenderloin/beef chuck, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup cornstarch/cornflour
- oil, for deep frying
For the Sauce
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp hoisin sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch, diluted in 3 tsp water
- 1 tsp red chili flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- Start off by tossing the beef strips in cornstarch. Make sure the strips are coated evenly with cornstarch.
- Deep fry the beef strips for 4-5 mins, drain the oil and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat oil on high heat setting. Quickly add in the ginger and garlic. Stir quickly for 10 seconds. Immediately add in the soy sauce, water, rice vinegar and hoisin sauce. Bring the sauce to a quick boil.
- Add in the brown sugar and cornstarch. Mix thoroughly.
- Now add in the beef strips and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the green onions and cook for an additional minute.
- Serve hot with rice.
1. To make this recipe spicy, you can add 1 to 2 tsp of red chili flakes to it.
2. You don't need to marinate the beef beforehand in this recipe, unlike the other recipes for Mongolian beef. It's the quickest and most delicious way of making it!
3. Add an additional teaspoon of cornflour/cornstarch diluted in two teaspoons of water into the recipe if you want it to be slightly more thicker and stickier.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 703Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 1286mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 43g
Liked this recipe? Then you’ll definitely LOVE our Crispy Sticky Thai Chicken Wings! These Thai chicken wings have a crispy outside coated with this spicy and delicious sticky sauce! It’s so delicious that you’ll be left licking your fingers in the end!! We absolutely LOVE it! You definitely need to try it out for yourself!