If you've ever had the classic 50/50 bar, you know how delicious the combination of vanilla and orange can be together. This recipe for no-bake orange-vanilla creamsicle cheesecake is the ultimate summery dessert. A throwback to your favorite childhood frozen treat, it's delicious, simple to make, and never fails to be a hit at any weekend barbecue.
- Creamsicle Cheesecake Recipe
- What Does Creamsicle Taste Like?
- What's the Best Cookie for a Cheesecake Crust?
- Can I Use a Ready-Made Crust Instead?
- What If I Can't Find Orange Gelatin?
- How Long is Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake Good?
- Can I Make This Ahead of Time and Freeze It?
- Can I Use Whipped Cream Instead of Cool Whip in This Cheesecake?
- Ingredients for Crust
- Ingredients for Orange Vanilla Cheesecake
- Handy Kitchen Tools
- How to Make an Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake
- More No-Bake Recipes
- Printable Recipe:
- 📖 Recipe
Creamsicle Cheesecake Recipe
This easy orange cheesecake recipe is a classic base with minor changes that really add to the flavor and texture. A super fluffy filling paired with a simple cookie crust makes it one of the ultimate recipes for a quick summer weekend barbecue or a family potluck.
If you want something a bit faster but still creamy and with the vanilla and orange flavor you are looking for, this creamsicle mandarin orange salad with vanilla pudding is a great choice.
What Does Creamsicle Taste Like?
Creamsicle is a perfect combination of orange and vanilla. In this recipe, you'll find the orange is light and definitely not overwhelming. Just a hint of the orange combined with a classic creamy vanilla mixture definitely creates the flavor you are looking for. Just imagine the flavor of an orange soda over vanilla ice cream.
What's the Best Cookie for a Cheesecake Crust?
There is always the classic graham cracker crust for any cheesecake, but if you want to do something a bit different, there are some other popular options. Below are a few of my favorite alternatives you can use when making the crust for this cheesecake. For this particular crust, golden Oreo cookies were used.
- Graham crackers
- Teddy Grahams
- Animal crackers
- Lemon cookies
- Shortbread cookies
- Sugar cookies
- Chocolate cookies
Can I Use a Ready-Made Crust Instead?
You can save time and effort by using a ready-made graham cracker crust. Just remember that this recipe makes a lot of cheesecake filling, so you may need at least 2 of the ready-made crusts to hold all of the cheesecake mixtures. A springform pan will easily hold a taller cheesecake, so a pie plate may be too small for the full recipe.
What If I Can't Find Orange Gelatin?
If you can't find orange gelatin to mix into the cheesecake for the orange part of this recipe, that is okay. You can make your own using unflavored gelatin.
Heat orange juice and ½ cup sugar in a saucepan until piping hot but not boiling. Remove from heat and pour over 3 tablespoons of unflavored gelatin and whisk until the gelatin is dissolved. Set aside for 10 minutes before adding to the recipe as directed.
How Long is Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake Good?
This orange cheesecake is good for 4 to 5 days when properly stored and refrigerated. I like to prepare it and wrap the springform pan well with plastic wrap and place the entire thing into the refrigerator before serving. After removing the pan, carefully place it into a deep bowl with a lid or pie carrier for easy storage. Alternately, you can use plastic wrap but know that it may stick to the cheesecake some.
Can I Make This Ahead of Time and Freeze It?
You can definitely make this recipe ahead of time and freeze it. I find it is best to freeze these cheesecakes in disposable pie plates rather than the springform pan so you aren't without the pan when needed. Just warp the pie plate and cheesecake with plastic wrap and then slip into a large freezer storage bag.
Label and date the bag then freeze for up to three (3) months. When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Can I Use Whipped Cream Instead of Cool Whip in This Cheesecake?
Whipped cream can be used in place of the Cool Whip or stabilized whipped topping in this cheesecake. However, it does tend to deflate faster so if using whipped cream, I recommend eating the cheesecake within 2 days of preparing rather than 5 days.
You can also use any extra whipped cream to top your cheesecake before serving if you prefer that flavor over the Cool Whip of the recipe.
Ingredients for Crust
- Golden Oreo cookies
- Unsalted butter
Ingredients for Orange Vanilla Cheesecake
- Orange gelatin
- Cool Whip
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
Handy Kitchen Tools
These tools are great to have on hand for making this recipe. While they are not required, they make the process easier and result in a faster and simpler recipe that you will make time and again.
- Food processor
- Mixing bowls
- Handheld electric mixer
- Rubber spatula
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Springform pan
How to Make an Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake
In a food processor, pulse the cookies until fine crumbs.
Add in the melted butter and salt. Mix until all cookies are slightly moist and it is well combined.
Pour the cookie crumb mixture into a springform pan and press into an even layer. Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the filling is ready.
In a small saucepan, heat water to boiling then combine with orange gelatin and whisk until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Set aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
If making fresh whipped cream for your recipe, do that now by beating whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, sour cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Beat until creamy.
Fold in the whipped topping until just combined, then divide the mixture into two bowls.
Pour the gelatin mixture into one bowl and mix to combine.
Begin adding spoons of the cheesecake filling onto the prepared crust in the springform pan. Alternate the orange and vanilla flavors then spread the top to smooth so it is marbled with both flavors.
Refrigerate for 2 hours up to overnight.
Decorate with a dusting of shaved chocolate around the edges and top with orange flowers or sliced mandarin oranges before serving.
More No-Bake Recipes
If you want to add more no-bake recipes to your menu, trust me, we have the best of the best. Whether you want something creamy or chocolate, this list has something to suit everyone at your dinner table. Make sure to pin, print, or bookmark your favorites on this list to make soon!
- Creamy No-Bake Coconut Layer Cake Recipe
- Fluffy No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
- No-Bake Lemon Icebox Pie with Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Macerated Berry Granola Frozen Yogurt Bars Recipe
- No-Bake Chocolate Espresso Panna Cotta Recipe
- 24 golden Oreo cookies (whole)
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted (85 g)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
For Cheesecake Filling
- 3.4 oz box orange gelatin (63 g)
- 1 cup boiling water (250 ml)
- 8 oz Cool Whip (225 g)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened (225 g)
- ¼ cup sour cream (61 g)
- 1 cup powdered sugar (130 g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- In a food processor, pulse the cookies until fine crumbs.
- Pour the cookies into a large bowl, and add in the melted butter and salt. Mix until all cookies are slightly moist and it is well combined.
- Pour the cookie crumb mixture into a springform pan and press into an even layer. Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the filling is ready.
- In a small saucepan, heat water to boiling then combine with orange gelatin and whisk until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Set aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, sour cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Beat until creamy.
- Fold in the whipped topping until just combined, then divide the mixture into two bowls.
- Pour the gelatin mixture into one bowl and mix to combine.
- Begin adding spoons of the cheesecake filling onto the prepared crust in the springform pan. Alternate the orange and vanilla flavors then spread the top to smooth so it is marbled with both flavors.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours up to overnight.
- Decorate with a dusting of shaved chocolate around the edges and top with orange flowers or sliced mandarin oranges before serving
Substitute the orange gelatin and 1 cup water with 1 cup orange juice, ½ cup sugar, and 3 tablespoons unflavored gelatin.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sweet Creations Pie Carrier, 10 inch
Hiware Springform Pan Set of 3 Non-stick Cheesecake Pan, Leakproof Round Cake Pan Set Includes 3 Pieces 6" 8" 10" Springform Pans with 150 Pcs Parchment Paper Liners
Measuring Cups and Spoons Set 11 Piece. Includes 10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Cups Set and 1 Plastic Measuring Cup. Liquid Measuring Cups Set and Dry Metal Measuring Cup Set
Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Electric Hand Mixer, Beaters and Whisk, with Snap-On Storage Case, White
7 Piece Mixing Bowls with Lids for Kitchen, YIHONG Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls Set Ideal for Baking, Prepping, Cooking and Serving Food, Nesting Metal Bowls for Space Saving Storage
Hamilton Beach Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper for Slicing, Shredding, Mincing, and Puree, 10 Cups - Bowl Scraper, Stainless Steel
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 343Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 195mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 0gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g