Make this delicious spicy Indonesian fried rice in 15 minutes and amaze all your friends and family! It's literally bursting with flavors and is SO simple to make! It doesn't get better than this.
This recipe is just right - it uses super easy ingredients but still gives you that extra special flavor! While having this, I bet you'll feel like you're eating this on the streets of Jakarta! YUM!
Nasi Goreng also happens to be the national food of Indonesia - 250 million people can't be wrong about the food they love, right?! This is what we call the Biryani of South East Asia! Definitely a favorite!
A new day ☀️, a new recipe!! ? And since it's Wednesday, we have the perfect mid-week recipe for you guys today - something that's super quick and easy to make, but still feels special! Because, I don't know about you, but we want something just as delicious as yesterday's Spicy Beef Tacos with Tangy Guacamole!
Living in Malaysia has really exposed us to delicious new foods. Both of us try to atleast try 2-3 new dishes every week - there is SO much variety it's insane!
We first learned how to make Nasi Goreng when we were still in culinary school. At that time we learned the basic version of it and still absolutely loved it! That was (nearly) 2 years ago, and we've really worked on that basic recipe to make our own version of it!
We've changed it enough so that it tastes A-A-AMAZING but isn't difficult to make. Plus you won't even have to go around fetching exotic ingredients for this one. We bet most of the stuff you already have in your pantry just waiting to be used for this delicious fried rice!
Cooking this recipe is super easy - just have all the ingredients ready at hand before you hit the stove and this spicy Indonesian fried rice will be done in 5 minutes tops! This is the easiest recipe ever for the mid-week blues!
So like always, we've gathered the perfect cooking tips for you guys for this recipe. We've decided since this week to have a tips section with each of our recipes to make sure you guys know exactly what to do, and not to do while making each of our recipes. Take it as a FAQs so it's easy for you all to make it. We'll keep updating this section as the questions come in from you guys in the comments below so it's easy for everyone! But don't worry, we'll be replying to the comments as well as always!
- Prepping for this recipe is the main thing! If you have all the ingredients already ready on hand when you get to the stove, you'll have this delicious fried rice in under 5 minutes!
- Typically, Nasi Goreng has Kecap Manis, which is basically Sweet Soy Sauce. If you live in a part of the world where you can't get it, you can substitute it with Light Soy Sauce.
- Being quick while making this is the only thing important apart from the prepped ingredients. Nasi Goreng is a major street food, so you can imagine how quick its made.
- Stir the ingredients constantly to avoid any burning bits.
- Group the ingredients together in the order they go in. By the second time you make this, you'll remember this recipe by heart.
So finally, let's get to the recipe! ?
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 300g fresh prawns
- ⅓ cup spring onions, finely chopped (scallions/green onions)
- ⅓ cup french beans, chopped
- 3 thai red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup carrots, julienne
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten + 1 egg. sunny side up
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a wok/saucepan over high heat. Add the sesame oil and whirl around the wok/pan till spread completely.
- Add the prawns and stir fry till the prawns are almost cooked completely.
- Now add the spring onions, red chillies and garlic and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the french beans, bean sprouts and carrots and stir fry for an additional minute.
- Move the vegetables and prawns to one side of the wok and quickly add in the beaten egg to the other side.
- Quickly stir around the egg till its cooked and resembles scrambled eggs.
- Add the rice, sauces, salt and pepper. Stir fry and toss for 30 more seconds.
- Serve with a sunny side up egg and prawn crackers.
1. Prepping for this recipe is the main thing! If you have all the ingredients already ready on hand when you get to the stove, you'll have this delicious fried rice in under 5 minutes!
2. Typically, Nasi Goreng has Kecap Manis, which is basically Sweet Soy Sauce. If you live in a part of the world where you can't get it, you can substitute it with Light Soy Sauce.
3. Being quick while making this is the only thing important apart from the prepped ingredients. Nasi Goreng is a major street food, so you can imagine how quick its made.
4. Stir the ingredients constantly to avoid any burning bits.
5. Group the ingredients together in the order they go in. By the second time you make this, you'll remember this recipe by heart.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 533Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 334mgSodium: 1725mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 4gSugar: 10gProtein: 35g
Loved this Nasi Goreng?!! If you love ethnic, delicious food, you should also try out our super easy Authentic Indian Chicken Karahi Curry! It's spicy, delicious and you won't even have to fish around for difficult ingredients! No one will believe you made this! SO GOOD! See you guys tomorrow with a new recipe!