Nothing says comfort food better than some macaroni and cheese. And this recipe is the most simple, creamy and delicious one you’ll ever try!!
Macaroni and cheese has always been a personal childhood favorite! And this recipe is the most simple and creamy version out there! There’s just the right amount of cheddar cheese in it, with the creaminess of the sauce and it makes all the difference in the world. You seriously have to try it out for yourself!!
“Once you try this recipe, trust me you won’t want to try any other!”
It’s delicious, creamy and the perfect comfort food. Kids will love it, and all the moms will ask you for the recipe – trust me!
Hello everyone! It’s a new day, and a new recipe. This one being our ultimate comfort food. There is something about a pot of baked macaroni and cheese that just makes me feel like a kid. It really gives me comfort like nothing else. So here’s our recipe for it.
We really tried out different combinations till we reached the perfect one! And now you can be in on our secret!
So, how have things been on your side? Arvin and I have been busy exploring KL and taking pictures. Being photography and film-making students, we keep getting different photography projects/assignments to do – and we love it!
The other day, we had to go around Bukit Bintang – a hub for some of Malaysia’s best shopping malls – to do some street photography. Bukit Bintang is basically a street in downtown KL and there is just so much happening there all the time. If you’re ever in KL, you just have to go there and experience it for yourself. It’s colorful, it’s huslin’ and bustlin’ all the time, and well it’s basically the perfect description of this crazy place I call home.
We’re both thinking of setting up a Flickr account and adding all our photography work there for you guys to see. Let me know if you’d like to see it (as well as behind the scenes of our blog shoots!)
[clickToTweet tweet=”This is the most simple, creamy and delicious mac and cheese recipe you’ll ever try!” quote=”This is the most simple, creamy and delicious mac and cheese recipe you’ll ever try!”]
Coming back to this recipe, it’s really easy to make – like most of our other recipes. We’re sure you’ll end up making a few batches of it after you first try it!
Chef Tips ?
- Make sure to use sharp cheddar cheese instead of a milder one for a better taste.
- Invest in a good cheddar cheese to make this the ultimate baked macaroni and cheese!
- We set aside 1 tablespoon of cheddar cheese and added it on top of the casserole 2 minutes before taking it out of the oven. By switching on the heat source of the top in the oven, it gives the cheese an interesting crunchy, yet creamy texture.
- Make sure the milk you use is room temperature, otherwise lumps will form very easily when you add it to the butter and flour mixture.
So here’s the recipe!
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2½ cups milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (or 180˚C).
- Boil water in a saucepan, add some salt to it. Add the pasta in water and boil for 7-8 minutes. Make sure they're not cooked all the way through - so 1-2 minutes before you'd normally take it off the stove.
- While the pasta is still cooking, in another pot add the butter on medium heat and let it melt.
- Once the butter is melted, add flour to it and keep stirring. The flour and butter mixed together till turn into a paste-y texture. Cook for 1 - 2 minutes till the mixture has turned light brown.
- Add milk into it while constantly stirring. Use a whisk to prevent lumps from forming. (Also see notes for more tips).
- Add cheese to this and whisk until smooth.
- Once the pasta is done, drain it and add to the sauce and mix well.
- Put the pasta in a casserole and put it in the oven for 35-40 minutes until its slightly browned in spots.
- Serve hot.
Invest in a good cheddar cheese to make this the ultimate baked macaroni and cheese!
2. We set aside 1 tablespoon of cheddar cheese and added it on top of the casserole 2 minutes before taking it out of the oven. By switching on the heat source of the top in the oven, it gives the cheese an interesting crunchy, yet creamy texture.
3. Make sure the milk you use is room temperature, otherwise lumps will form very easily when you add it to the butter and flour mixture.
Liked this cheesy recipe? Then you’ll definitely love our Cheesy Sriracha Chicken Quesadilla. Whether you’ve jumped onto the sriracha-loving bandwagon yet or not, you will absolutely love this quesadilla! Simple and easy to make, but it tastes amazing!