These Thai chicken wings have a crispy outside coated with this spicy and delicious sticky sauce! It’s so delicious that you’ll be left licking your fingers in the end!! We absolutely LOVE it!
Thai cuisine is one of our all time favorite! And Arvin and I created this delicious recipe from scratch with the most fresh ingredients ever! PLUS all these ingredients are so readily available!
These wings are just perfect with some plain rice and don’t forget to top it off with from fresh lime juice before serving! We’re absolutely sure you won’t be disappointed with this one!
Another day, another new and exciting recipe for you guys!
We both had serious Monday blues today! a) we both slept some 2-3 hours each and b) we both got caught in some serious traffic in the morning – NOT how we like to start the week. But oh well, these delicious Thai wings were all we needed after a long day to cheer ourselves up!!These Thai chicken wings have a crispy outside coated with this spicy and delicious sticky sauce!Click To Tweet
These are extremely easy to make! And if you already have your wings chopped up and separated into wingettes and drumettes, you’ll be able to finish this recipe in 15 minutes tops!
Arvin is actually the one who came up with this recipe! For his birthday last year, he visited Thailand with his parents and absolutely fell in love with the thai cuisine. He got the opportunity to try out loads of delicious foods there and came back home and started experimenting with the cuisine.
What’s best is that we both have a thai friend in school who really helped us even more in learning thai cuisine. And since a few months, we’ve been hooked!!
This recipe is easy, sticky, crispy and just DELICIOUS! ? You really don’t have to overthink too much with this recipe – it really is that simple. But to make life easier for you guys, I’ve written some chef tips so you guys can whip this up in a jiffy without any problems!
Chef Tips ?
- Make sure you use sesame oil for this recipe – it really has it’s own unique taste. Even a little bit goes a long way with it! It’s a fragrant and delicious cooking oil that you need to have in your pantry!
- Don’t add too much flour – less is more. No, really! It is. Flour is a binding agent that assists the other ingredients in the sauce to become more sticky and delicious!
- You can add sesame seeds on top before serving as well!
So let’s get to the recipe, shall we?
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp thai red chilli paste
- 2 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- ½ tsp mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cooking oil, for deep frying
- Start off by cutting the wing pieces into separate drumettes and wingettes, in case you haven't bought it already chopped up.
- Make the sauce for the wings by combining soy sauce, sesame oil, lime juice, garlic and ginger paste, honey, thai red chili paste, sriracha sauce, oyster sauce and mustard.
- Marinate the wings with salt and pepper.
- Deep fry the chicken wings for 10-12 minutes or till they have a crispy skin.
- Toss the wings in the sticky sauce for 2-3 minutes and serve.
2. Even a little bit goes a long way with it! It's a fragrant and delicious cooking oil that you need to have in your pantry!
3. Don't add too much flour - less is more. No, really! It is. Flour is a binding agent that assists the other ingredients in the sauce to become more sticky and delicious!
You can add sesame seeds on top before serving as well!
Enjoyed this delicious Crispy Sticky Thai Chicken Wings recipe? Want more ethnic and delicious recipes we’ve learned from people around the world? Then check out our Ethnic recipes section! You’ll love it!
For now, you should definitely check out our Persian Shirazi Salad! It’s been going viral on Pinterest lately. The fresh flavors will go beautifully with these wings!!