Who doesn’t love Girl Scout S'Mores cookies? The delectable blend of crunchy chocolate, fluffy marshmallows, and toasty graham cracker has been a timeless favorite for decades. Now you can make your own. In only a few simple steps, you can recreate that ultra-satisfying flavor in your own home.
Copycat Girl Scout S'Mores Cookies
Love Girl Scout Cookies but can’t get your hands on them? This is the perfect solution – Copycat Girl Scout S’Mores Cookies. These cookies are just like the real thing, but even better because you can make them at home. Plus, they’re perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth any time of year.
And if you want something else with that classic chocolate, marshmallow, and graham cracker flavor, then check out our S'mores dessert cheese ball dip recipe. Super fast and easy and definitely delicious!
This recipe only needs 3 items. However, if you are wanting to make each element from scratch, you will need to check out the ingredients list for each of those first. It can be ready in minutes if using already-made items.
- ½ cup chocolate ganache (using a 1:1 recipe from this ganache recipe post)
- 8 full sheets of graham cracker cookies or 16 square cookies
- ½ cup marshmallow fluff (I use this homemade marshmallow fluff)
Making these ingredients homemade is great, but you can easily use any generic brand of each item you can find ready-made in your grocery store.
Handy Kitchen Tools
How to Make Copycat Girl Scout S'Mores Cookies
If making the ganache, marshmallow fluff, and/or cookies from scratch, set aside about 1 hour for preparing them. You will want everything to be cool before assembling.
Once you have all 3 of the main ingredients prepared, you will begin assembling the cookies. This recipe will need an equal amount of graham cracker cookies.
On 8, or half, of the cookies, spread 1 tablespoon of chocolate ganache on one side.
Then, on the second 8 cookies, you will spread 1 tablespoon of marshmallow fluff on one side.
Now, sandwich the two sides together with cookies on the outside and chocolate and marshmallow on the inside.
Frequently Asked Questions
Girl Scout S’Mores Cookies are a combination of crunchy graham crackers, marshmallow fluff, and a layer of chocolate ganache. These delectable treats can be purchased from Girl Scouts or you can make your own copycat version.
Yes, the Girl Scouts still sell S’Mores Cookies as of now. However, they are only available for a limited time and can be hard to get your hands on. Sometimes, the Girl Scouts change their cookie offerings from year to year, so this can change.
Homemade s'mores cookies should be stored at room temperature in an airtight container. They will stay fresh for up to 1 week.
If you live in a warmer climate or will have these outside in heat and humidity, you may prefer storing them in the refrigerator so they don't melt and crumble.
Just remember that the cookies themselves will probably get stale before any ingredients go bad.
Tips For Making Copycat Girl Scout S'Mores Cookies
- Choose good quality chocolate that melts easily and evenly when making your ganache. If not making this homemade, you can also use a fudge sauce found in the ice cream toppings section of the market.
- If making homemade graham crackers, use a Joseph rolling pin to make sure you get the thickness even on all of the crackers. They need to be fairly thin to cook evenly without burning.
- While you use marshmallow fluff, if you decide to use regular marshmallows, you will need to heat them before assembling them so that they melt properly. I recommend placing the marshmallow onto the graham cracker and then heat in the microwave for 10 seconds.
- Use a piping bag for the ganache and marshmallow fluff for a more equal and uniform look to the cookies.
More Cookie Recipes
Cookies are one of the first things that I ever baked. They are always a favorite, and whether they are from scratch, a mix, or semi-homemade, they never fail to be devoured at our house. Below are a few more cookie recipes that I love and want to share with you. Take a moment to check them out, bookmark your favorites, print out the recipes, or just pin them to Pinterest to make soon!
- Delicate Italian Almond Orange Cookies
- Homemade Butter Cookies Recipe
- Matcha Snickerdoodle Cookies Recipe
- Peach Cobbler Cookies with Homemade Peach Glaze
- Peanut Butter Blossoms Cookies
- Lemon Butter Cookies with Glaze
- ½ cup chocolate ganache (145g)
- 8 full sheets of graham cracker cookies
- ½ cup marshmallow fluff (48g)
- Prepare ganache, marshmallow fluff, and cookies. Let cool before assembling.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of ganache on half of the cookies.
- On the other half of the cookies, spread 1 tablespoon of marshmallow fluff.
- Now sandwich the cookies together so the chocolate and marshmallow are on the inside and the cookie on the outside.
This shows all homemade ingredients, but you can purchase all of these items already made and assemble them in just a few minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Plastic Measuring Cups and Spoons Set 14 Piece. Includes 11 Colorful Measuring Cups and Spoons Set and 3 Plastic Liquid Measuring Cups. Nesting Measuring Set for Space Saving Storage. Dishwasher-Safe
SMARTAKE 200 Pcs Parchment Paper Baking Sheets, 12x16 Inches Non-Stick Precut Baking Parchment, Perfect for Baking Grilling Air Fryer Steaming Bread Cup Cake Cookie and More (Unbleached)
Rachael Ray Nonstick Bakeware Set with Grips, Nonstick Cookie Sheets / Baking Sheets - 3 Piece, Gray with Sea Salt Gray Grips
Vospeed Stand Mixer, 660W 6-Speed Tilt-Head Kitchen Mixer, with 8.5QT Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl, Beater, Dough Hook, Whisk, Household Use - Red
M KITCHEN Silicone Spatula Set - Heat Resistant & BPA Free - 4 Piece Nonstick Rubber Spatulas, Spoonula, Jar Scraper for Cooking, Baking, Mixing, Frosting - Dishwasher Safe Kitchen Utensils
COOK WITH COLOR Plastic Mixing Bowls with Lids - 12 Piece Nesting Bowls Set includes 6 Prep Bowls and 6 Lids, Microwave Safe Mixing Bowl Set (Blue Ombre)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 102Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g