If you love the flavor of cheesecake but hate waiting for it to cook and cool, then this classic no-bake cheesecake recipe is going to become a new favorite. While it still needs to be refrigerated before serving, no-bake options cut the time in half and this is the classic plain or vanilla cheesecake recipe you've dreamed of having!
- Classic No-Bake Cheesecake
- How Long Does it Take for No-Bake Cheesecake to Set?
- How to Thicken No-Bake Cheesecake Filling
- How to Remove No-Bake Cheesecake From a Springform Pan?
- What Should I Top This Classic Cheesecake With?
- Should No-Bake Cheesecake Be Refrigerated?
- How Long Does No-Bake Cheesecake Last?
- Can No-Bake Cheesecake Be Made in Advance?
- Can No-Bake Cheesecake Be Frozen?
- Handy Kitchen Tools
- How to Make a No-Bake Cheesecake
- More Cheesecake Recipes
- 📖 Recipe
Classic No-Bake Cheesecake
Whether you call this a plain cheesecake, vanilla cheesecake, or just cheesecake doesn't matter. This is sweet, simple, and so very creamy. A classic graham cracker crust is the base of a delicious dessert. Cheesecake never fails to be loved by everyone, and in this recipe, you'll find simple ingredients that combine to create a new family favorite.
How Long Does it Take for No-Bake Cheesecake to Set?
While it is best to let it chill completely overnight, it can be ready to serve within 2 hours. Ultimately, the longer you let it chill the more likely it is to slice evenly and neatly for serving.
How to Thicken No-Bake Cheesecake Filling
Sometimes your cheesecake filling might be a bit thin and look like it won't set up properly. If you feel like yours is too thin and pours rather than spreads, you can do one of two things to make sure it sets up and thickens properly.
(1) Add 1 tablespoon cornstarch to the batter before pouring it into the graham cracker crust. This should help it firm up before you slice and serve.
(2) Add a single packet of unflavored gelatin to the cheesecake batter before pouring it into the pan to refrigerate. This will thicken or harden as it refrigerated and make slicing easier to manage when ready to serve.
How to Remove No-Bake Cheesecake From a Springform Pan?
Typically when the cheesecake sets up nicely, it will be super easy to simply open the springform pan side and remove it. However, if you are concerned about it not staying solid when opened, you may want to freeze for 15 to 30 minutes prior to removing it.
To remove the bottom of the pan from the cheesecake, use a large spatula or knife and slowly slide underneath the crust as you pull the base of the pan out. This will allow you to slip the cheesecake onto a spatula or plate without breaking the crust apart.
Tip: Use a parchment paper round under the crust to make it easier to pull out without cracking the crust.
What Should I Top This Classic Cheesecake With?
No-bake cheesecake is often served plain, but if not, you may want to top it with a number of different things. From sprinkles to fruits, there is no limit to how you can top your cheesecake.
- Sprinkles, candy pieces, or shaved chocolate.
- Strawberry, blueberry, blackberry, or raspberry fruit compote or syrup.
- Caramel syrup or chocolate syrup.
- Melted dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or peanut butter.
Should No-Bake Cheesecake Be Refrigerated?
Yes! Absolutely you should be refrigerating this no-bake cheesecake. Before serving it will need to refrigerate to set up, and any leftovers will definitely need to be refrigerated until ready to serve.
How Long Does No-Bake Cheesecake Last?
This cheesecake recipe is good for 4 to 5 days when properly covered and stored in the refrigerator. Cover it well with plastic wrap or place inside an airtight container and keep cold until ready to serve.
Can No-Bake Cheesecake Be Made in Advance?
Yes! Since it is good for up to 5 days in the refrigerator, you can definitely make it in advance of when you need to serve. I prefer to make no more than 48 hours prior to serving so there is room to save leftovers if not all eaten at once.
Can No-Bake Cheesecake Be Frozen?
You can definitely freeze cheesecake, even no-bake cheesecake. Prepare as directed, then wrap tightly in plastic wrap and place into a large freezer storage bag that has been dated and labeled. It can freeze for up to 3-months easily.
If you do plan to freeze this, it is often easier to prepare it in a disposable pie plate that can be wrapped easily and frozen altogether. Otherwise, you would need to freezer your springform pan, and that isn't convenient.
Before serving, thaw overnight in the refrigerator. You can serve frozen if in a hurry, but it is best when thawed and sliced before serving.
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Unsalted butter
- Brown sugar
- Heavy whipping cream
- Cream cheese
- Granulated sugar
- Powdered sugar
- Sour cream
- Lemon juice
- Vanilla extract
Handy Kitchen Tools
- Food processor
- Mixing bowls
- Handheld electric mixer
- Rubber spatula
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Springform pan
How to Make a No-Bake Cheesecake
If making your own graham cracker crumbs, place them in a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs.
In a large bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter.
Stir to combine well, then press into the bottom of a springform pan in an even layer then refrigerate until the filling is prepared.
In a large bowl, beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form then set aside.
Using a second large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, granulated sugar, powdered sugar, sour cream, lemon juice, and vanilla extract until no lumps remain.
Using a spatula or wooden spoon, mix in the whipped cream until just incorporated.
Spread over the graham cracker crust in an even layer then cover and chill for at least 2-hours up to overnight.
Decorate with chocolate syrup, chocolate shavings, orange zest, and orange flowers before serving.
More Cheesecake Recipes
Cheesecake is definitely my favorite dessert, so sharing some of my favorite recipes is a must. Below you will find no-bake options, cheesecake bars, and of course the classic cheesecake all to satisfy your cravings. Make sure to print, pin, or bookmark these recipes to make and share soon!
- The Perfect New York Style Cheesecake Recipe
- Delicious Banana Pudding Cheesecake with Chessman Cookies
- The Best Chocolate Cheesecake with Ganache Topping
- Fluffy No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
- The Best No-Bake OREO Cheesecake Recipe
- Roasted Blueberry Cheesecake with Candied Meyer Lemon
- Easy Strawberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars
For Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (200 g)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted (113 g)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar (73 g)
For Cheesecake Filling
- 1 ¼ cup heavy whipping cream (300 ml)
- 24 oz cream cheese, softened (675 g)
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100 g)
- 2 tablespoon confectioners sugar
- ¼ cup sour cream (61 g)
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- If making your own graham cracker crumbs, place them in a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs.
- In a large bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter.
- Stir to combine well, then press into the bottom of a spring form pan in an even layer then refrigerate until the filling is prepared.
- In a large bowl, beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form then set aside.
- Using a second large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, granulated sugar, powdered sugar, sour cream, lemon juice, and vanilla extract until no lumps remain.
- Using a spatula or wooden spoon, mix in the whipped cream until just incorporated.
- Spread over the graham cracker crust in an even layer then cover and chill for at least 2-hours up to overnight.
- Decorate with chocolate syrup, orange zest, chocolate shavings, or fruit compote before serving.
Make sure you use block cream cheese that has been softened rather than whipped cream cheese with this recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Measuring Cups and Spoons Set 11 Piece. Includes 10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Cups Set and 1 Plastic Measuring Cup. Liquid Measuring Cups Set and Dry Metal Measuring Cup Set
Silicone Spatula 4-piece Set,Heat-Resistant Spatulas,Non-stick Rubber Spatulas with Stainless Steel Core
Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Electric Hand Mixer, Beaters and Whisk, with Snap-On Storage Case, White
7 Piece Mixing Bowls with Lids for Kitchen, YIHONG Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls Set Ideal for Baking, Prepping, Cooking and Serving Food, Nesting Metal Bowls for Space Saving Storage
Hamilton Beach Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper for Slicing, Shredding, Mincing, and Puree, 10 Cups - Bowl Scraper, Stainless Steel
Hiware Springform Pan Set of 3 Non-stick Cheesecake Pan, Leakproof Round Cake Pan Set Includes 3 Pieces 6" 8" 10" Springform Pans with 150 Pcs Parchment Paper Liners
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 478Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 253mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 0gSugar: 21gProtein: 5g