You may recognize this copycat Fruity Pebbles milkshake recipe from the popular fast-food chain, Burger King. While not identical, it is a very close copy of a favorite combination of ice cream and cereal. Sure, this is great for the kids, but we adults have to admit there is something magical about those little bits of fruity cereal! Whip this up as a special treat and the kids are sure to be excited!
Copycat Fruity Pebbles Milkshake Recipe
Milkshakes never fail to be a great choice for a dessert or treat. While you can go with basic everyday flavors like this easy way to make chocolate milkshakes, I much prefer something unique. So, following the lead of many popular chain restaurants, using something like cereal as an accent just made sense. This recipe isn't new, but it is definitely delicious and will become a favorite, especially for parties with kids!
We've made a copycat McDonald's OREO McFlurry before and loved it, but this is just a little bit more and is sure to be a great addition to any day. And, if you want something seasonal, you might prefer the copycat McDonald's shamrock shake with the green hue and mint flavor.
Can I Make This With Different Ice Cream Flavors?
The best thing about this Fruity Pebbles milkshake is how versatile it is. The flavors can be paired with almost any type of ice cream. Strawberry ice cream really compliments the fruity flavors of the cereal. I like vanilla because it is a muted flavor that lets you taste the cereal, however, chocolate will taste great too.
If you can find it, marshmallow ice cream or a fruity flavor sherbet will also work great. Black cherry ice cream brings out the fruit flavor, while still letting the cereal shine. Of course, blueberry, peach, and even an orange creamsicle would also be great. Kids might like the bubblegum flavored ice cream with this as well.
Can I Make This With Different Cereal?
Absolutely. This milkshake can be used with just about any cereal. If you want to make it with Fruity Pebbles this time and with Cocoa Pebbles next time, that is a delicious twist. You can also use another type of cereal if you like. Use this recipe as a starting point and create your own flavors by trying some of your other favorite cereals. Some of my favorite ideas are:
- Cocoa Pebbles - the chocolatey cousin to Fruity Pebbles is great with vanilla, chocolate, or peanut butter ice cream
- Rice Crispies with Marshmallow ice cream or Marshmallow creme
- Frosted Flakes
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Reese’s Puff- This can be served with peanut butter or chocolate ice cream for an even more decadent treat
- Lucky Charms
- Fruit Loops
- Cookie Crisp - a fun addition to chocolate chip or cookie dough ice cream
Can I Make This a Boozy Milkshake?
You can easily make this a boozy milkshake. Simply add your favorite alcohol to the milkshake ingredients as you are blending them. This will add more liquid to the copycat fruity pebbles milkshake.
Depending on how strong you are making this shake, you might need to cut back on some of the liquid that the recipe calls for. Remember it is always easier to add more liquid later because once you have added it, you can not take it back out. Add the liquids slowly, blending well before adding more.
While I don't personally drink alcohol, it has been recommended that you start with 1.5 ounces and add more depending on how boozy you want the milkshake. Some options that would fit this recipe are vanilla-flavored vodka, regular vodka, vanilla rum, or white rum also works well. If going for a different flavor, Bailey's Irish Cream is a popular choice.
Can You Make Milkshakes Ahead of Time?
While it would be nice, it's really not a great idea to make them ahead of time. You can prepare everything ahead of time. If planning to serve a lot of people and it is a time issue, you can prep a bit ahead of time. It's possible to even blend everything together.
However, you are going to have to store it in the freezer until it is time to serve. Once it is stored in the freezer, you will need to blend it again. This loosens everything back up in order to drink it. You might need to add a bit more milk as well if it is too frozen to drink. You can add all of the ingredients together and then blend it again once you are ready to enjoy it.
- Strawberry ice cream
- Fruity Pebbles
- White frosting or marshmallow cream
- Whipped cream
- White chocolate
Handy Kitchen Tools
How to Make a Fruity Pebbles Homemade Milkshake
In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the frosting for 15-seconds until slightly melted. Set it aside to cool.
Into a high-powdered blender, add the strawberry ice cream, milk, and ¼ cup Fruity Pebbles cereal.
Pulse on high, stirring if needed, until thoroughly blended.
Add in the vanilla icing or marshmallow cream and blend until combined.
In a microwave-safe bowl, heat white chocolate chips for 15 to 20-seconds until melted.
Drizzle the melted white chocolate inside the serving cups.
Dip the rim of the cup into the melted chocolate.
Then dip the coated mug or glass into the cereal to coat the edge.
Pour the milkshake into the cups.
Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cereal.
Melt some white chocolate and drizzle inside of your serving cups. This as a visually appealing appearance to your milkshakes when presenting.
More Easy No-Bake Dessert Ideas
If you are looking for more yummy dessert ideas to add to your menu, we have tons of great no-bake options that are sure to please you and your family. Whether you want something chocolatey, fruity, or a bit of both, below are some of our favorites. Make sure you pin, print, or bookmark these recipes to make soon!
- No-Bake S'mores Dip Dessert Cheese Ball Recipe
- Decadent No-Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake Recipe
- The Best Ever Easy Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- Creamsicle Mandarin Orange Salad with Pineapple
- No-Bake Lemon Icebox Pie with Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 ½ cups strawberry ice cream (225 g)
- ¼ cup milk (59 ml)
- 1 cup Fruity Pebbles cereal, divided (40 g)
- ¼ cup vanilla frosting, canned (32 g)
- 4 tbsp whipped cream
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips (43 g)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the frosting for 15-seconds until slightly melted. Set it aside to cool.
- Into a high-powdered blender, add the strawberry ice cream, milk, and ¼ cup Fruity Pebbles cereal.
- Pulse on high, stirring if needed, until thoroughly blended.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat white chocolate chips for 15 to 20-seconds until melted.
- Add in the vanilla icing or marshmallow cream and blend until combined.
- Drizzle the melted white chocolate inside the serving cups, or dip the edge of the mug/cup into the chocolate.
- Coat the edge of the cup with Fruity Pebbles cereal.
- Pour the milkshake into the cups.
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cereal.
- Melt some white chocolate and drizzle inside of your serving cups. This as a visually appealing appearance to your milkshakes when presenting.
- Serve immediately.
You may substitute the white frosting with an equal amount of marshmallow cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ninja AMZ493BRN Compact Kitchen System with Auto-iQ, Blender Food Processor Combo, Blend, Chop, Mix Doughs, 1200 Watts, Dishwasher safe 18 oz. Cup, black/grey
OXO Good Grips Ice Cream Scoop
Measuring Cups and Spoons Set 13 Piece. Includes 10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Cups Set and 1 Plastic Measuring Cup and 2 Rings Liquid and Dry Metal Measuring Cup Set
County Fair Mason Jar Drinking Glasses with Handles - Set of 2
Libbey Fountain Shoppe Milkshake Glasses, Set of 6
Weemium 200 Biodegradable Paper Straws - Durable & Eco-Friendly in 10 Color Stripes - Rainbow Drinking Straws & Party Decoration Supplies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 545Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 251mgCarbohydrates: 80gFiber: 1gSugar: 40gProtein: 6g