Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so why not start it off with these deliciously fluffy banana pancakes? This TikTok-inspired recipe is a great easy and fluffy pancake that is loaded with banana flavor and ready in a matter of minutes. Great for busy mornings and a huge hit with the kids!
TikTok Banana Pancakes Recipe
TikTok is always bringing us fun new recipes to try. While I have a few great pancake recipes already, this one is unique with an addition of white vinegar that really elevates the pancake and makes them super fluffy.
If you want to add something classic but just a bit different to your breakfast or brunch menu, then banana pancakes are sure to be a great idea. I've made gluten-free banana pancakes and even banana pancake dippers in the past, but this recipe is much more traditional and great for serving a special weekend breakfast as well as a busy weekday morning meal. Of course, every pancake has a savory mate, and my favorite is this oven-baked bacon!
Banana Pancake Variation Ideas
If you want a little something extra in your pancake, you aren't alone. Whether it is a mixin or something different on top of them, pancakes are rarely boring. Below are some ideas that I love adding to pancakes for a bit of extra flavor or texture. These in particular are great with banana pancakes.
- Chopped pecans, walnuts, peanuts, macadamia nuts, or hazelnuts.
- Chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, or caramel chips.
- Oreo cookie crumbs, Heath bar bits, or M&M's.
- Fresh blueberries, sliced strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries.
Add no more than ¼ cup total of the mix-ins when preparing these pancakes. It may be best to add the berries, chocolate chips, or nuts after the batter has been poured onto the pan but before the pancake has been flipped.
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- White vinegar
Handy Kitchen Tools
How to Make Banana Pancakes
To a blender or large bowl if using an immersion blender, add the ripe bananas, eggs, milk, vegetable oil, vanilla sugar (or extract), sugar, and a pinch of salt.
Pulse for 1 minute or until combined and no banana chunks remain.
Pour the banana mixture into a large bowl, then combine with flour, baking powder, and white vinegar.
Whisk well until combined and no lumps remain.
Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle, over medium heat, until piping hot and spray with non-stick cooking spray or coat with a small amount of butter or oil.
Pour ¼ cup of the batter onto the skillet and cook for about 1 minute, or until the top begins to bubble.
Flip over and continue cooking for an additional 45-seconds to 1 minute until the pancake is cooked through and golden brown.
Repeat until all of the pancake batter has been prepared. Add a bit of butter on top of each pancake once removed from the skillet if desired.
Serve with your favorite toppings.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a day or more, placing the banans into a brown paper bag with an apple is a great way to ripen them faster. Another option that works great if needed immediately is to place the bananas onto a baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 15 to 30 minutes until the peel turns black. Let them cool then peel and mash.
The best indicator of when to turn or flip the pancake is to watch for bubbles to form on top of the batter. Once the bubbles form then begin to pop, you know it is time to flip the pancake.
If you struggle with your pancakes being raw in the middle but browned or almost burnt on the outside, it is usually because you are cooking at too high a heat setting. Cook on medium to low heat for the best results. Slow and low is always better to prevent burning.
Banana Pancake Storage Tips
No. While it may seem convenient to do so, it will change the texture and make the pancakes flat and not so great. Instead, measure your dry ingredients out ahead of time, and then just mix together just before cooking the pancakes.
These are good for up to 1 week in the refrigerator or for 3 months in the freezer. Just make sure they are cooled completely and then stored in an airtight container.
Yes. You can make these and freeze them for up to 3 months. Let them cool completely then separate each pancake with a piece of waxed paper and stack it in a freezer storage container or freezer storage bag. Date and label then thaw overnight and reheat in the oven, microwave, or on the stovetop before serving.
More Breakfast Recipes
Breakfast is one of my favorite meals of the day. Of course, I have everything from classic sweet recipes like these pancakes all the way to a savory frittata to share with you. Below are a few family favorite breakfasts to add to your menu. Print the recipes, pin them to Pinterest, or bookmark them so they are handy when you are ready to make them!
- The Best Homemade Fluffy Belgian Waffles Recipe
- Crispy Tater Tot Waffle Sticks Recipe
- Savory Sausage Stuffed French Toast Roll Ups
- Easy Vegetable Bacon Baked Frittata Recipe
- Super Easy Boston Cream Pancakes
- Fast and Fluffy American Pancakes Recipe
The Best Ever Banana Pancakes TikTok Recipe
Whip up a batch of these tasty banana pancakes inspired by a popular TikTok recipe! A light and fluffy banana-flavored pancake that is sure to be a hit!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- To a blender or large bowl if using an immersion blender, add the ripe bananas, eggs, milk, vegetable oil, vanilla sugar (or extract), sugar, and a pinch of salt.
- Pulse for 1 minute or until combined and no banana chunks remain.
- Pour the banana mixture into a large bowl, then combine with flour, baking powder, and white vinegar.
- Whisk well until combined and no lumps remain.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle until piping hot and spray with non-stick cooking spray or coat with a small amount of butter or oil.
- Pour ¼ cup of the batter onto the skillet and cook for about 1 minute, or until the top begins to bubble.
- Flip over and continue cooking for an additional 45-seconds to 1 minute until the pancake is cooked through and golden brown.
- Repeat until all of the pancake batter has been prepared. Add a bit of butter on top of each pancake once removed from the skillet if desired.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
- Add chopped walnuts or pecans on top of the batter once poured onto the skillet for added texture.
- Nutritional information is calculated for a single pancake when making 12 pancakes from this recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
ECTY Blue Diamond Ceramic Nonstick Frying Pan, 8"
Presto 07061 22-inch Electric Griddle With Removable Handles, Black, 22-inch
Ninja AMZ493BRN Compact Kitchen System, 1200W, 3 Functions for Smoothies, Dough & Frozen Drinks with Auto-IQ, 72-oz.* Blender Pitcher, 40-oz. Processor Bowl & 18-oz. Single-Serve Cup, Grey
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 70mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 3g
Join the Discussion